Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD, Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:19 AM

Good day,

I've decided to give TiBu a go, and before updated Eclipse 1.0 to 1.1, I backed up all user apps. Before that, I made a backup directory on my EXTERNAL card and changed the default directory in TiBu.

The back ups worked - they are on the Ext card.

Updated ROM, loaded TiBu, changed default directory to EXT card - but TiBu won't find the backed up apps............ I've searched around for answers and have not found this question answered.

Any TiBu gurus out there lend a hand. I"m sure it's a setting somewhere but as a TiBu Noob, its not finding me!

Proud father of a US Marine

#2 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Twitter:iBolski
  • Google+:Ivan Samuelson
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S7

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:44 AM

Okay, just to make sure you are doing this right, I'll list what I do.
  • Launch TiBu
  • Look at the Overview tab and see what it says for the following:
    • External Storage - this is what your external storage is considered. For me, it's /mnt/sdcard
    • Backup directory - where you backup your files to. For me it's /mnt/sdcard-ext/TitaniumBackup
  • Select Menu->Preferences
  • Scroll down to find "Backup folder location" and select that.
  • It should show you where you currently are at. You can either select the "DETECT!" button to have it try and find it OR you can at this point, navigate to the directory manually. To do this, follow these directions:
    • Hit the "RETURN" button to go up once directory until you get to the /mnt directory.
    • You should see a list of folders, including sdcard-ext. This is your external sdcard. sdcard is your internal.
    • Select sdcard-ext
    • Select the TitaniumBackup directory (or wherever you directed your backups to on your external card). If this is the directory with your backups, you should see a list of them in the window now. If not, then this is probably NOT the directory you backed up everything to.
    • Select the "Use the current folder" button in the lower right-hand corner once you've found the correct directory
    • Go back to the Backup/Restore tab and see if you see your backups. You should if you saw them in step 4 above.

• newskate9 likes this

VZW Samsung Galaxy S7 Stock and unrooted running Marshmallow 46A, 32gb Nexus 7 unlocked
2cqd4t2.png

#3 newskate9

newskate9

Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:53 AM

WOW, First, thank you for taking the time for such a detailed walk through!

Second, I did EXACTLY what you wrote, I even similarly named my EXT card backup directory. After STEP 6 above, I try to restore, and the only app that shows up is the TiBU app I just installed.

So, what is STEP 7????? :D

#4 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Twitter:iBolski
  • Google+:Ivan Samuelson
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S7

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:56 AM

Did you see any of the backups when you navigated to the directory in the preferences screen? If so, you might have some filters enabled. Check to see what filters you have enabled. Reset the filter to the default so you see everything (user apps, system apps, internal and external locations, etc) and see if that fixes it.

VZW Samsung Galaxy S7 Stock and unrooted running Marshmallow 46A, 32gb Nexus 7 unlocked
2cqd4t2.png

#5 newskate9

newskate9

Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:08 AM

Yes, I see files when nav to preferences screen.

In the meantime, I looked again at the preferences dropdown. I saw "import". So I clicked it, nav'd to the EXT card directory. I clicked a file, I think it was data.viz or something. Then nav'd back to backup/restore....... and it showed a gazillion apps. I then clicked the batch key and it showed just 42 "user" apps - the number I had............ So I ran a batch restore, just for grins. AND it worked.

So, I found the files, imported a "list" of them, restored them it seems. This was entirely NOT intuitive to me. But I'm hoping I found how to do it.

Again, sir, I thank you for your input - it confirmed I was on the right path.

#6 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:34 AM

Did you make sure you dont have any filters applied? I did this once by mistake. It was showing me no apps and it was because I had a filter on that only displayed a certain file that I didn't have on the phone at that time.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#7 newskate9

newskate9

Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:41 AM

yeah, checked that every step I take - learned that one the hard way too!

#8 newskate9

newskate9

Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:28 AM

Here we go AGAIN!

My phone was running sluggish, so I reloaded the ROM, TIBU, and was ready to restore selected apps. I pointed the backup folder to the right directory. I tried to import using the steps I took above. I could not find any fiem that looked like the "backup" list. I could not get the backups to load so I could batch or select them.

I copied the files to my internal SD card. I can "load" them from there either!

This app should be intuitive and straightfoward. I paid for it largely because most of you all like it so much. Now that I'm trying to use it, it is one pain in the arse.

What am I doing wrong!!!!????

EDIT: OK, so I figured it out, for real this time. No matter what YOU can see, TIBu doesn't see it, until you hit DETECT in your back up directory! NOWWWW, I get it!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users