newskate9

Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD, Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:12 AM

It says "4.4" right in the .zip.  Title change is up to the OP, but this was originally a 4.3 ROM. 

I see that now.  I'm just sayin', if someone wanted to jump on OSE, which has been my DD for a while cause its so good, then they might be like me - I link to the directory and when I see a new date, by the 926 filename, I jump on it.  Now I know to look at the whole name.  It can be confusing.  And, this basically is ONE good reason to always make a back up.

That aside - I did the total clean install.  Tibu doesn't make backups, my scheduled events run but don't actually do anything.  Astro still doesn't work moving / deleting files.  It can see the card, but it seems can't edit it.  

I'm will to test or help, try something if needed.  I'm just wondering if anyone is seeing the same thing.  

Proud father of a US Marine

#82 chasr

chasr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:41 AM

I see that now.  I'm just sayin', if someone wanted to jump on OSE, which has been my DD for a while cause its so good, then they might be like me - I link to the directory and when I see a new date, by the 926 filename, I jump on it.  Now I know to look at the whole name.  It can be confusing.  And, this basically is ONE good reason to always make a back up.

That aside - I did the total clean install.  Tibu doesn't make backups, my scheduled events run but don't actually do anything.  Astro still doesn't work moving / deleting files.  It can see the card, but it seems can't edit it.  

I'm will to test or help, try something if needed.  I'm just wondering if anyone is seeing the same thing. 

I actually tried SlimKat 4.4 yesterday and saw the same issues with that ROM that you saw. Root Explorer seems to interact with the external SD card OK but not much else. I also had trouble with  audio noise and I couldn't get the camera to work. Plus I discovered that Handcent SMS hasn't yet been updated for KitKat compatibility, but that's their issue.

#83 Sleehrat00

Sleehrat00

Moot Consumer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:29 AM

What gapps are recommended for the 4.4 nightly?

I'm running the Paranoid Android 4.4 GAPPS, and the ROM is running great.

I actually tried SlimKat 4.4 yesterday and saw the same issues with that ROM that you saw. Root Explorer seems to interact with the external SD card OK but not much else. I also had trouble with  audio noise and I couldn't get the camera to work. Plus I discovered that Handcent SMS hasn't yet been updated for KitKat compatibility, but that's their issue.

For the camera, clear the cache, and reboot - letting the apps 'optimize' for 4.4 and the camera should be active.  At least that worked for me.

All in, running the 11/23/2013 nightly... this ROM is s-m-o-o-t-h and has become my new daily driver.  Kudos to those involved with this project!

Current consumer, but hopefully one-day purveyor, of high quality moot products.

#84 chasr

chasr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:23 AM

I just installed the 11.24 daily so that I could give the KitKat OSE version a try. Most everything seems to work but for most apps the external SD Card is either Read-only or (probably because of that) completely invisible to the app. If I look at the permissions for the int SD Card0 vs the ext SD Card1. I get rwxrwxrwx for the internal card and rwxrw--x for the external card. When I try to fix the permissions in Root Explorer I am told that changing the SDCard permission can't even be done by a rooted user.

Everything else seems to be working fine for me but this issue is a deal breaker.  I see this being brought up in forums for other 4.4 ROMs so I guess this is a standard problem???  Is there any end-user manual work around until a ROM version that definitely fixes it is available?

#85 chasr

chasr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:43 AM

Here's a follow-up to my previous post with a couple of specific examples I am seeing. Quick Office doesn't even display the ext sdcard in the list of available options. Titanium BU and Root Explorer claim that there is insufficient free space even though I have 40GB free. I was able to delete files from the sdcard which I assume requires a write operation, so it sounds like something truly is making the apps thing that the card is writable but full.

#86 Sleehrat00

Sleehrat00

Moot Consumer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:27 AM

Still running the 11/23 nightly and streaming video (youtube) and video playback (camera recorded video, mp4, and avi) are not functional.  However, my sd card (32 gb mircosd) is readable and writeable via root explorer.

Current consumer, but hopefully one-day purveyor, of high quality moot products.

#87 chasr

chasr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:24 PM

The patch described in this thread fixed my Ext SDCard write issues:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• Skyler likes this

#88 R4Ltony

R4Ltony

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Current Device(s):Maxx HD

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:29 PM

I installed the 11/5 build last night, and so far so good. Been running CM nightlies for awhile, but customization is lacking in those. Tried Various other ROMs, but I always seem to have issues with FCs. Plus recently bad signal strength with all ROMs but CM. Signal seems good on this so far. Haven't tried MMS yet, but I rarely use it anyway. Keep up the good work!

#89 Sleehrat00

Sleehrat00

Moot Consumer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:18 AM

11/27 nightly flashed - everything seems to be working that I have tested other than MMS.  The phone is unable to send MMS as no APN is specified on the device.  When you go into mobile networks, and APN tab is greyed out.  On the up side, streaming video and video playback is up and running.

#90 chasr

chasr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:30 AM

The patch described in this thread fixed my Ext SDCard write issues:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Actually this patch seemed to work for those apps that were giving the SD Card full error message.

However, in Quick Office when I browse for files I still only see options for Internal Storage and Recent Documents. Whereas on all previous ROM versions there is also an option for SD Card. Since most of my Office and PDF files are on the SD Card this is not a good thing. I can see and open PDF files on the SD Card with Acrobat Reader.

FYI, I am running KitKat on my Nexus 7 2013 and QuickOffice shows the SD Card option there so I can't blame the problem on the app.

#91 newskate9

newskate9

Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:07 AM

11/27 nightly flashed - everything seems to be working that I have tested other than MMS.  The phone is unable to send MMS as no APN is specified on the device.  When you go into mobile networks, and APN tab is greyed out.  On the up side, streaming video and video playback is up and running.

Me too, but can send MMS with Hangouts.  

#92 Skyler

Skyler

Droidberg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:25 AM

Using the 11-27 update, pa gapps, and the SD card patch from chasr, I now have mostly no issues. Working MMS, and video. Still a couple external SD card issues but nonetheless, awesome!

Edited by Skyler, 28 November 2013 - 09:10 PM.

#93 chasr

chasr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:33 AM

Using the 11-27 update, pa gapps, and the SD card patch from chasr, I now have no issues. Working MMS, video, and external SD card. Awesome!

Can you do me a favor?  Can you download the free Google QuickOffice and see if you can browse to any editable files on your SD Card or create a new file in QuickOffice and see if you can save it there?

#94 Skyler

Skyler

Droidberg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 28 November 2013 - 07:39 AM

Can you do me a favor? Can you download the free Google QuickOffice and see if you can browse to any editable files on your SD Card or create a new file in QuickOffice and see if you can save it there?

Hm, I gave it a shot, and all that showed up was Internal Storage. This is the first app that can't see my External SD, it shows up fine on the apps I needed to (so just root explorer and QuickPic).

#95 chasr

chasr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 November 2013 - 07:48 AM

I also found that isyncr does see the SD Card. Normally when using it to sync my Itunes music with my Droid, isyncr allows me to pick whether i save the tunes to Internal Storage or SD Card, but running it under OSE 4.4 I no longer have an SD Card option.

#96 Sleehrat00

Sleehrat00

Moot Consumer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 28 November 2013 - 02:12 PM

I tried the 27 and 28 nightlies.  Does the camera app are the external card?

Also, was WiFi working for anyone else?  I couldn't attach to my Wi-Fi.

#97 newskate9

newskate9

Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:38 AM

A few days on 11/28 and running smooth so far.  Some early lag but that seemed to work itself out.

I'm using CM gapps, getting a lot of google+  and music search force closes, so may try another package.

Wireless working fine.  I'm on ART instead of dalvik and seems to be working fine as well.  Also on NOOP/Interactive for no reason other than that's what I use on my other devices.  Happy to take any input.

#98 lgoptimusv5

lgoptimusv5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Current Device(s):XT926 JBBLKitStalk444065 TWRP2800V2

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:16 PM

Anyone else having GPS problems?

I'm having GPS Signal Lost issues...

I originally tried the older version of MAPS (the one with the Navigation Icon still).

Older MAPS loses signal after about a minute.

I completely removed older maps, and installed the Latest Version of MAPS from the Play Store.

This version lasts about an hour, then GPS Signal Lost.

I had to Reboot phone to get it back, then works for about another hour until i have to reboot again...

I had the same issue with the CM10.2 Nightlies as well...(JB431)

I'm also having WiFi issues connecting to a WPA2 AES connection, that i had no issues connecting to on an older ROM.

Is this Baseband Related?

Currently running OSE Stable 431 build, and my XT926 has Baseband vanquish_bp_100730.160.64.15P

I found a Flashable ZIP for the vanquish_bp_100730.151.64.17p (NON-HLOS.bin)

Which is the newer Baseband?

What Baseband are you guys using?

Can I or should I go back to older Baseband if I have more problems?

I have XT926, bootloader unlocked with TWRP2630

I ALWAYS clean wipe before, always mount system, and always wipe cache/dalvik before booting into a new ROM... (no dirty flashes)

#99 lgoptimusv5

lgoptimusv5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Current Device(s):XT926 JBBLKitStalk444065 TWRP2800V2

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:57 PM

I tried the 27 and 28 nightlies.  Does the camera app are the external card?

Also, was WiFi working for anyone else?  I couldn't attach to my Wi-Fi.

I'm also having WiFi Issues, but only with certain access points (WPA2 AES)

What Baseband are you using?

vanquish_bp_100730.160.64.15P?

vanquish_bp_100730.151.64.17p?

#100 DroidAddict101

DroidAddict101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationBinghamton

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:47 AM

Flashed 12/4 nightly and everything seems to be working for me so far. Great work OSE team

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: XT926, RAZR HD, OSE, INVERTED, ROM, PIE, XPOSED

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users