16 replies to this topic

#1 evocop

evocop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Twitter:floydaccess

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:11 AM

Ok I made a rookie mistake and used Matts Utility for XT912 to completely restore my Razr M. I was stuck into a fastboot bootloop. I realized my mistake and used Matts Utility for XT907 to restore and my phone booted normally to the select language screen. I tried selecting English and pressing next and realized my screen was not responding to any touch. I pressed the power button and tried to power the phone off and still unresponsive to touch. I have told power and volume down and quickly hold volume keys to boot into selection for Fastboot, recovery ect and then quickly press power button to power phone off.

I downloaded the official FXZ and restored again using RSDLite. The flash was successful and the phone rebooted. Got to the select language screen and still unresponsive. Where to I go from here? am I screwed? I am afraid when I used the utility for the XT912 It changed something with the hardware responsible for handling touch recognition.

I have booted into recovery and tried factory reset. I tried clearing cache and resetting again and still no dice. Bootloader stayed unlocked through it all. Any Ideas.

#2 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid razer m DOA :( New phone Samsung note 3 :)

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:11 PM

Does the screen work in recovery?

#3 evocop

evocop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:25 PM

Does the screen work in recovery?

No the screen will not work in recovery. I flashed Twrp via fastboot and can not navigate anywhere past the main TWRP screen. I can navigate in the stock recovery utilizing the volume controls and power button.

#4 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:01 PM

You can install cwm recovery with Matt's utility then use adb to get into it and flash a new os in there and see what happens.

#5 lowvolt

lowvolt

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:07 PM

Do you have any backed up Roms? If so flash CWM and flash a ROM. Even if you have to clean flash it. Then see if the touch screen works

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

• evocop likes this

#6 evocop

evocop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:28 AM

Ok thank you guys. I do not have any backed up roms but I will download one to my ext sd card and give it a shot after I flash CWM through fastboot. Ill let you know.

#7 evocop

evocop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:32 PM

Do you have any backed up Roms? If so flash CWM and flash a ROM. Even if you have to clean flash it. Then see if the touch screen works

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Well I downloaded Deadcalm rom and flashed. Booted to language screen and screen is unresponsive still. Is it done for?

#8 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,368 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:17 PM

Sounds like a badly timed hardware failure to me.  It may or may not be related to the improper flash.  Yes, these things can happen.

• evocop likes this

Non potest esse nisi unus

#9 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:00 PM

I was thinking the same thing as you mentioned elsewhere. If the touch screen is dead in recovery chances are hardware, from what cause ??

Sent From My DEV X

• evocop likes this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#10 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:30 PM

One thing I found on Google is to remove the sim card and sd card after shutting it down and power it up to see what happens. Theory being they could be corrupt.
  • evocop likes this

#11 evocop

evocop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:00 AM

Well thank you all for the tips and help. I guess I am going to trash it or throw in the "play phone" bin for my 4 year old. Back to flashing and tweaking on my OG Razr! RIP Razr M!

#12 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:43 AM

Well thank you all for the tips and help. I guess I am going to trash it or throw in the "play phone" bin for my 4 year old. Back to flashing and tweaking on my OG Razr! RIP Razr M!

That's one way to go. I'd keep trying for a few reasons. The big one defeat isn't acceptable to me and most likely there is a solution you just need to figure out what it it's. Also if you do find the fix and share it you can help other people.I fell for you because I couldn't afford to get another phone if that happened to me.

#13 0n1wheel

0n1wheel

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Twitter:0n1wheel
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:07 PM

I have the same issue with the unresponsive touch screen. I think it's a hardware issue  :angry:

#14 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:43 PM

I have the same issue with the unresponsive touch screen. I think it's a hardware issue  :angry:

Did you perhaps flash the wrong ROM? I did one time and had a none responsive screen. Just wiped reflashed and was good to go.

#15 0n1wheel

0n1wheel

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Twitter:0n1wheel
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:01 AM

No, my phone was working fine for weeks with a good rom. I got a replacement from verizon and accidentally did the update, not knowing the newest update would not allow root. Now I'm stuck with a bloated rom.

#16 evocop

evocop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:58 PM

Well folks, there is a fix for the problem I had and all thanks goes to an XDA member "

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

". Just follow this post ----> 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I can not thank him enough. Make sure you give him all the credit and thanks!

#17 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:23 PM

Cool

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Unresponsive touch screen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users