#1 Karas

Karas

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:05 PM

Hi,

First off I work at a cell phone repair shop and a customer came in with this Xt907 broken lcd. Upon replacing said lcd the screen works fine and everything else is working great. The problem though is that the screen, no matter what your doing, flashes off then back on every 22 seconds about. Its still on whatever your doing but it does become annoying after a bit. The phone is stock running 4.1.2 and the system version is 98.18.78.xt907.verizon.en.us any ideas would help.

Thanks guys

#2 shane1

shane1

Droid Elite

• 1,596 posts
  • Twitter:1shane15
  • Google+:shanebarone1@gmail.com (gtalk/hangouts)
  • Locationny
  • Current Device(s):Gen 2 Moto X,2015 Moto X Pure,N9, N7,& N6

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:01 PM

Did you double check all the connections?

Posted Image
sig made by

Rinkle McBally

#3 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:23 PM

I've heard of this when there is either a bad power connection OR the battery is failing.  The draw from the screen pulls the current to a point that the battery either can't keep up, or the connection causes the issue.

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#4 Karas

Karas

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:24 PM

yeah I even plugged in a new lcd digi. and it started to do the same thing. The customer said she factory wiped it, with the help of the Verizon guys and its still doing it

#5 shane1

shane1

Droid Elite

• 1,596 posts
  • Twitter:1shane15
  • Google+:shanebarone1@gmail.com (gtalk/hangouts)
  • Locationny
  • Current Device(s):Gen 2 Moto X,2015 Moto X Pure,N9, N7,& N6

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:14 PM

i havent worked on an android phone but ive replaced many a parts on icraps possibly a ribbon to a connector was damaged? not sure what has to be disconnected on the m but i know on icraps there is like 8 delicate connections the ribbons anyway are delicate

Posted Image
sig made by

Rinkle McBally

#6 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:51 PM

Have you tried running a logcat while it cycles on and off to see if something specific is causing it? "Every 22 seconds" is pretty specific.

• shane1 likes this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#7 td030981

td030981

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr M (4.1.2)

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:43 PM

My phone screen flickers. This is the second phone I got. The first phone did the same thing so I took it back cause I thought something was wrong with it, only to see the second phone is doing the same thing. It doesn't going off, it just shakes side to side a few times (briefly) then straightens out. I guess it's a issue with the phones.

sent using my fast Razr M (rooted)

#8 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid razer m DOA :( New phone Samsung note 3 :)

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:47 PM

My phone screen flickers. This is the second phone I got. The first phone did the same thing so I took it back cause I thought something was wrong with it, only to see the second phone is doing the same thing. It doesn't going off, it just shakes side to side a few times (briefly) then straightens out. I guess it's a issue with the phones. sent using my fast Razr M (rooted)

That's normal operation Google it. Kinda weird you bring it up though my phone hasn't done it in a long time. Not sure if it's something to do with me running 4.3 now or mounting and wiping system to reembody my reboot problem.

#9 lite1979

lite1979

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationBuffalo NY
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:23 AM

Did the original poster ever get this solved? I just replaced my broken screen with a new one, and I have the exact same problem. The screen works fine for 22 seconds, then turns off and on again. It's very annoying, and frustrating since I paid $107 for a new screen, only to have it flicker like stated above. The old screen never did this, and worked fine despite having cracked glass. After the flickering occurred, I took the phone apart to check the ribbon from the mobo to the screen and I saw no imperfections. I have e-mailed the person who sold me the screen to ask if he knew how to fix it, but that was just a few hours ago and I haven't heard back from him yet. Best of luck to everybody!

#10 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid razer m DOA :( New phone Samsung note 3 :)

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:35 PM

You try reinstalling the old one just to check if the replacement is detective? If it's just the glass damaged I see those for sale also for cheep.

#11 spencetacular

spencetacular

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:38 PM

Same Here.

I just bought and installed 2 Motorola Razr M Screens. Each of them have the issue of blinking off and on every 22 seconds. Have we found the issue / fix for it?

#12 packley1

packley1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:26 AM

Any updates on this one?  Exactly the same problem, except for me it is every 20 seconds on the dot....

#13 sonofsun

sonofsun

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Current Device(s):xt912

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:02 AM

Same for me

But I have this new

Turn or device into bootloader mode
And no screen blinking

Maybe GPU problem

#14 jaggerdog

jaggerdog

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:38 PM

I recently replaced my LCD & screen assembly with 2 different new assemblies and the same issue.  Have spoken with repair shop, spoken with my carrier, look on motorola threads and other discussion boards and can not find a solution.   Someone has to know the solution if so many people are having the same issue.  I did nothing else to the phone except disconnect the one flex wire connecting the LCD and reconnect a new one.   I've tried different GPU settings with no luck.  Going to try resetting phone to factory next.   Anyone find or know what is causing this?  

#15 sonofsun

sonofsun

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:56 PM

Hi there
If I turn phone in boot loader mode the screen doesn't blink at all

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

#16 jaggerdog

jaggerdog

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:16 PM

Thank you for your assistance as I believe you are on to the right solution because I've made sure all connections and did a hard factory reset of the motorola xt907 (formatted it and restored) from instructions on their site but the problem persists.  Now I am wondering how to turn phone on in boot loader mode and what this does?  I understand boot loader is like the BIOS of the phone and is a small piece of code that instructions the phone of the hardware.   Can you tell me the steps or is there a link?   Thank you so much again for any help, you will be a hero to many I think if we can figure this out. 

#17 sonofsun

sonofsun

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:27 PM

Switch off m.
press vol down and power button together for 2-3 seconds. You enter in bootloader mode.
and u see no blinking effect.

I pray kit kat should fix it

#18 jaggerdog

jaggerdog

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:00 AM

So bootloader doesn't help fix the problem of the blinking screen but 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

is right that the blinking does not occur in that mode.  Makes me believe that something in the boot program (kernel) is causing it.   I'm praying too that 4.4 will fix it and that should be coming out soon

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I'm going to continue to call around and do research to see if further solution development has happened but if anyone else watching this thread has found info on how to fix, please post, and if not reach out and research.  

Community support is what these sites are great for.  Thanks Droidrzr.com for hosting our posting

#19 sonofsun

sonofsun

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 05:03 PM

They mentioned easter day for upgrade but havent provided us with update. Anyway

#20 sonofsun

sonofsun

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 05:04 PM

BTW we should inforn this to Davis Schuster 's on his page itself

0 user(s) are reading this topic