#1 MkVsTheWorld

MkVsTheWorld

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Twitter:MkVsTheWorld
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:32 AM

Well, I did some research online about using foreign SIM cards in the Droid Razr XT912 and I got some pleasing information from Motorola. While, I had confirmed that you could use a foreign SIM card from a moderator on DroidRzr, I wanted something pressing from Motorola so I can CYA. The reasoning for this is I read a thread on another forrum that had a commenter stating that he or she had been told by Big Red that using foreign SIM cards in a Droid Razr can lock the SIM card and essentially make the phone a fancy paperweight, which must have been malarky. Anyways, here is the e-mail between Motorola and me.

To Motorola:

To whom it may concern:
I understand that with the new Ice Cream Sandwich update for the Droid Razr Maxx XT912, the GSM radios will be activated in the phone. I have two questions about this feature, are there any carrier SIM locks that would prevent foreign micro SIM cards from being utilized in the phone? Thank you.
Mark

From Motorola:

Dear MARK,
Thanks for reaching out to Motorola. I’ve reviewed your e-mail and I’m ready to help.
I apologize for the inconvenience.
The GSM radios of the phone will be activated once the ICS updates has been installed on the phone. There are no carrier sim locks on the phone after the update.
We hope that you find this information useful and we look forward to assisting you in the future.
For information about Motorola products and services, please visit us at

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Thank you for contacting Motorola e-mail support.
Best Regards,
Jim

Note: I forgot to read over my e-mail before I sent it, there was no second question lol. If anyone wants to contribute their experience using foreign SIM cards, then I'd like to hear about it. I'm planning some international travel this December and I'd like to continue using my phone affordably.
Run for your health, run for the rush, run for charity. Sign up for a race near you, you can do it!

#2 sheroid

sheroid

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:02 PM

i would like to know more too

#3 Souse

Souse

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:32 AM

I have a Droid Razr XT910 and live in the Bahamas.
I was discouraged by everyone including t-m and vrz saying that it would not work including the local phone Co.
Everything is working perfectly and i'm trying to get ics now.
Hope this helps.
P.S. I dont expect any problems after installing ics.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: foreign SIM, micro SIM, 6.16.211

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users