Photo

[Fastboot Files] Gingerbread 2.3.5 Cdma Droid Razr Xt912 Verizon Usa [Fastboot Files]

• Please log in to reply
197 replies to this topic

#121 Burbank

Burbank

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationIthaca, New York

Posted 28 December 2011 - 07:24 PM

I hate being this noobish, but can anyone be really awesome and post a step by step process on how to install this? starting with what to do with the phone, then working our way to rsd and flashing it.

If you read this entire thread, you should see that "they" are creating step-by-step instructions and everything you will need.
  • PillClinton likes this

#122 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2011 - 07:25 PM

stay tuned peeps a easy way to unbrick your razr coming in minutes without the use of rsd lite

#123 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 07:33 PM

stay tuned peeps a easy way to unbrick your razr coming in minutes without the use of rsd lite

Awesome! I don't have a Windows computer atm because my Macbook's hard drive fried, meaning I lost my bootcamp of Win7.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#124 ryder0714

ryder0714

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/Rydr_White
  • LocationSun City, CA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr xt912 (ICS)

Posted 28 December 2011 - 07:42 PM

If you read this entire thread, you should see that "they" are creating step-by-step instructions and everything you will need.

Yea I read it. Just thought that there were other things that needed to be done before flashing. I got it now though, thanks and sorry if I said anything out of place >.< very new to being on forums

#125 Trooper

Trooper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 07:43 PM

Thanks bro. You will save me the trouble of installing RSD Lite again. Been a long time.

#126 wyld

wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Google+:rramos729@gmail.com
  • LocationPortage Indiana

Posted 28 December 2011 - 07:54 PM

Thank God!!!!!! I was getting really tired of looking at this ugly rear end stock gingerbread BLUE!!!!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#127 nix80908

nix80908

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Twitter:nix80908
  • LocationDenver, CO - USA

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:08 PM

Yea I read it. Just thought that there were other things that needed to be done before flashing. I got it now though, thanks and sorry if I said anything out of place >.< very new to being on forums

You're good. Chances are if you say it, someone else is thinking it too! But a full step-by-step is in the works. Stuff's still new. Good news is it's a pretty standard process - so it shouldn't be long!

AWESOME! I was one of the lucky few that didn't brick it, but it's great to know there's a quick and easy way out now! ^_^

#128 ryder0714

ryder0714

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationSun City, CA

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:12 PM

Just got done with flashing, now to update and root.

#129 ryder0714

ryder0714

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationSun City, CA

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:14 PM

You're good. Chances are if you say it, someone else is thinking it too! But a full step-by-step is in the works. Stuff's still new. Good news is it's a pretty standard process - so it shouldn't be long!

Thanks for that. So far it seems to be a small process. I'll get what I did in just a bit.

#130 MrFrankRazr

MrFrankRazr

Dedicated Supporter

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • Twitter:@MrFrankReyna
  • Google+:frankreyna
  • LocationSoCal, USA
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 on VZW

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:16 PM

So, if I already applied 788 to 744 and got rooted again...there's no need to flash this?

Moved on to the LG G2 on VZW and lovin it!

#131 nix80908

nix80908

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:18 PM

So, if I already applied 788 to 744 and got rooted again...there's no need to flash this?

Not if you don't want to :-)
This is just a get out of jail free card for those who messed up their phones. It's great, because you don't have to walk on eggshells as much with mods, etc.

#132 MrFrankRazr

MrFrankRazr

Dedicated Supporter

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • LocationSoCal, USA

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:33 PM

Not if you don't want to :-)
This is just a get out of jail free card for those who messed up their phones. It's great, because you don't have to walk on eggshells as much with mods, etc.

This is our Ace in our pocket! LOL

#133 frankyvee

frankyvee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:47 PM

Ohh Snap, fast boot files... I'm dreaming right..... pinch, pinch, slap.....someone hold me down...... Dude this is game over for all those weak rear end unlocked bootloader smart phones............Now we have a real safety net...

#134 frankyvee

frankyvee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 28 December 2011 - 09:01 PM

Here is a

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

QUAD, are these both parts 1 and 2 combined together already? Just asking cause the file name says 02 and it already says over 850 Megs downloaded so far.

#135 nix80908

nix80908

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 09:05 PM

QUAD, are these both parts 1 and 2 combined together already? Just asking cause the file name says 02 and it already says over 850 Megs downloaded so far.

Yes - it is both parts combined. The file name does end in 02

The separated parts are 001 and 002

#136 quadjacks

quadjacks

THE 4 of us!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Twitter:@quadjacks
  • LocationFort Drum, NY
  • Current Device(s):Maxx HD

Posted 28 December 2011 - 09:10 PM

Not sure what you mean, however, they are .rar files part 1 = 600 megs and 2 = 557.29 megs. Use winrar to combine! Once you combine, you get a Folder named fast that contains the actual VRZ_XT912_6.5.1-73_DHD-11_TA-3_1FF_02.xml.zip file! Hope this clarifies things a bit!
Any FAA meetings in my area? Flash Addicts Anonymous~God is Luv~

#137 MrFrankRazr

MrFrankRazr

Dedicated Supporter

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • LocationSoCal, USA

Posted 28 December 2011 - 09:21 PM

Mirror #2 in OP has both files for download. I can also add a third mirror with both separate files.

#138 frankyvee

frankyvee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 28 December 2011 - 09:51 PM

Not sure what you mean, however, they are .rar files part 1 = 600 megs and 2 = 557.29 megs. Use winrar to combine! Once you combine, you get a Folder named fast that contains the actual VRZ_XT912_6.5.1-73_DHD-11_TA-3_1FF_02.xml.zip file! Hope this clarifies things a bit!

@ Quad sorry I thought you had posted that mirror link, no problem --thnx. The mirror link that is being ref above is a zip file and not a rar file. The zip file is over 1 Gig which clues me in that it is both combined ---- just verifying.

#139 eagleaction

eagleaction

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:36 PM

This should be the latest RSD Lite v5.6

Can't seem to open up on win7 any ideas

#140 avatarofgenius

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:52 PM

It works!

I think I was one of the first ones to brick their Razrs. =) I was installing a ROM through CWR (and not safestrap)...after formatting system, i forgot to install ROM via sdcard and just rebooted. Stuck at M logo and battery drained!!!!

Had to make a programming cable (took a long time but here are some drawings, used old usb cable, box cutter, and solder iron:

).

Getting back to stock: Used RSD light 5.6, booted phone in fastboot mode (holding volume +/- and power button, selected fastboot) and unzipped the file below (CDMA), opened RSD light, selected the xml file in the unzipped files, pressed start, and 15 minutes later.....Stock razr!

I ended up convincing my brother to use his upgrade to get a Gnex and give it to me and I would give him the Razr as soon as SBF was available. This will do and now he'll get a razr and I have a galaxy nexus. The Razr was fun, light and cool, but the Gnex is awesome (thanks to the dev community).

Good luck all.

Thanks to all the devs/modders, droidrzr.com, rootzwiki, and eternityproject.com for the post (

....make sure you use CDMA files)
  • nix80908 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users