#201 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts
  • Twitter:@timpohladthomas
  • Current Device(s):MOTO X

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:28 PM

I can assure you it works...dirty flashing is never recommended. Clean flash and you wont be diasapointed...I have been working really hard on this build...but keep on mind it has not been released yet for a reason...however that reason is not lack of stability.
  • jco23 and motoroid7 like this

PDbEXCr.png

Thank Zoo/Owain for my Awesome Sig! If you want to support the Build Server that helps keep OSE going, Click HERE!

#202 netizenmt

netizenmt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:07 PM

I'm running the build from Teamose with 20131113 in the build number. So far, like most people, I can't send or receive MMS. I also can't seem to find the GPS settings. Everything else I have tried has worked fine.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

#203 kendog

kendog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • LocationMillville, NJ
  • Current Device(s):droid bionic

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:13 PM

Arrrghhh put out a 4.4 kernel if anyone's interested?

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Also OSE is up to 11/19, plus somber has a GZ 44 ROM out too Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
  • jco23 likes this

#204 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts
  • Twitter:@timpohladthomas
  • Current Device(s):MOTO X

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:10 AM

I'm running the build from Teamose with 20131113 in the build number. So far, like most people, I can't send or receive MMS. I also can't seem to find the GPS settings. Everything else I have tried has worked fine.

In my testing folder? Or 4.3?

PDbEXCr.png

Thank Zoo/Owain for my Awesome Sig! If you want to support the Build Server that helps keep OSE going, Click HERE!

#205 Rob626

Rob626

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationRoswell, GA
  • Current Device(s):RAZR M, Nook HD+

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:13 AM

Everything except video seemed to work on 11/18 OSE 4.4 testing. I didn't try MMS or tethering.
On 11/19, there seemed to be more options in settings but the 'back' soft key didn't work.

Don't take the update prompt for v1.1 or 1.0. I forget which.

#206 netizenmt

netizenmt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:16 AM

In my testing folder? Or 4.3?

In your AOSP folder. I tried the OSE one in the testing folder as well, but in addition to those things, video playback also did not work, so I went back to your AOSP version. I haven't tried dhacker or anyone else's version.

Just checked and the Camera apk won't run; says it fails to initialize.

#207 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M (XT907) Retail (unlocked)

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:53 AM

That should make for some 4.4 development. Wonder if it would be OK to take the ota and still be fine to backup and restore custom ROMs.

if you have an unlocked bootloader... which im sure you do.. you can take OTA if you flash back the original out of the box rom that came with your phone. and it can not be rooted and i believe you also got to flash the stock recovery back, you won't lose ability to root because you will just need to flash SuperSU and get rooted. and it wont lock your bootloader ( at least that is my understanding) 

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#208 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid razer m DOA :( New phone Samsung note 3 :)

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:04 AM

if you have an unlocked bootloader... which im sure you do.. you can take OTA if you flash back the original out of the box rom that came with your phone. and it can not be rooted and i believe you also got to flash the stock recovery back, you won't lose ability to root because you will just need to flash SuperSU and get rooted. and it wont lock your bootloader ( at least that is my understanding)

I guess my main concern it's can the ota be rooted. Time will tell. But ya I need to use Matt's utility and get prepped for the ota.Ota root keeper doesn't have 4.3 support so I'd assume it doesn't have 4.4 either. Was also wondering of the zip used to root this rom will work on the ota.

#209 netizenmt

netizenmt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:08 AM

I guess my main concern it's can the ota be rooted. Time will tell. But ya I need to use Matt's utility and get prepped for the ota.Ota root keeper doesn't have 4.3 support so I'd assume it doesn't have 4.4 either. Was also wondering of the zip used to root this rom will work on the ota.

My understanding is that if your bootloader is unlocked, you can never lose root. You will be able to reboot into twrp and reflash root from there.

FYI dhacker's version has working camera, MMS, video playback. Not sure how battery life will be. Seems pretty close to a dd..

#210 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:22 AM

My understanding is that if your bootloader is unlocked, you can never lose root. You will be able to reboot into twrp and reflash root from there. FYI dhacker's version has working camera, MMS, video playback. Not sure how battery life will be. Seems pretty close to a dd.. Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

This is correct. There is an option right in TWRP that says "Restore root?"

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#211 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M, Google Asus Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:33 AM

Not an option but it should ask after flashing iirc.

Sent from my xt-907 using Tapatalk

#212 Rob626

Rob626

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationRoswell, GA
  • Current Device(s):RAZR M, Nook HD+

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:05 AM

My understanding is that if your bootloader is unlocked, you can never lose root. You will be able to reboot into twrp and reflash root from there.FYI dhacker's version has working camera, MMS, video playback. Not sure how battery life will be. Seems pretty close to a dd..Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

On DHacker's 11/8 release. On and off weak WiFi and mixed data signal with mixed surfing,Tapatalk, email and texting. 80% battery at around 5 hours.

#213 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:49 AM

My understanding is that if your bootloader is unlocked, you can never lose root. You will be able to reboot into twrp and reflash root from there. FYI dhacker's version has working camera, MMS, video playback. Not sure how battery life will be. Seems pretty close to a dd.. Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

ok once again... if you have unlocked bootloader... and want to take OTA you need to flash over the stock recovery and stock system... either by utility or fastboot whatevver you want ... than after the OTA flash the TWRP recovery again using fastboot and than get into recovery which should be TWRP and flash the SuperSU... you only need to wait to see if someone might find an exploit to root if you bootloader is locked... but if you still confused... maybe it be best for you to wait untill one of us will upload a flashable.zip of the OTA like always...

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#214 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M, Google Asus Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:04 AM

ok once again... if you have unlocked bootloader... and want to take OTA you need to flash over the stock recovery and stock system... either by utility or fastboot whatevver you want ... than after the OTA flash the TWRP recovery again using fastboot and than get into recovery which should be TWRP and flash the SuperSU... you only need to wait to see if someone might find an exploit to root if you bootloader is locked... but if you still confused... maybe it be best for you to wait untill one of us will upload a flashable.zip of the OTA like always...

Apparently, you can update in TWRP or CWM. That's what I've seen anyways. So no need to reflash stock recovery

Sent from my xt-907 using Tapatalk

#215 jco23

jco23

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr M (XT907)

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:42 AM

found a bug (I think).  after recording a video via the stock camera app, I try to play the video via the same camera app and get an error message that the video cannot be played.  however, if I go to my gallery app (or google video player), I can open and play the video just fine.

I'm thinking that is b/c the camera and gallery apks are no longer one in the same, hence the inability for the video playback via the camera app?

also, normally, I have The Weather Channel widget on my home screen.  last night, I decided to remove it and place the google now weather widget instead.  however, the google now widget does not always show the weather, and it is less detailed that The Weather Channel.  So I tried to ad back The Weather Channel widget, and after selecting my location, I get a "Unfortunately, Google Search has stopped" error message.  I tried turning off google now and adding the widget back, but to no avail (same deal when adding another weather widget).

can someone please confirm if they are able to add weathers widgets while using the stock launcher?

thanks!

Device: Motorola Droid Razr M (XT907)

ROM: OSE KitKat 4.4.2

#216 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:48 AM

What build you using and what launcher??? I haven't had any of those errors..

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#217 jco23

jco23

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr M (XT907)

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:19 AM

What build you using and what launcher??? I haven't had any of those errors..

11/8 build, and stock launcher.

the video playback is not a big deal, as I can still play the video via another stock app - but I would like to get my weather widget back.  i tried restoring the stock launcher via TiBu, and rebooting.  I suppose I could try clearing cache/dalvik next.

Device: Motorola Droid Razr M (XT907)

ROM: OSE KitKat 4.4.2

#218 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:30 AM

So basically you are having difficulties adding widgets.. And have playback issue... Try clearing cache and fix permission.. I don't have those bugs.. Yet haha but I did lose YouTube playback once but I was trying to add sdcard mounting to camera...

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#219 Joshuamink

Joshuamink

xt907er

• Superuser
  • 92 posts
  • Twitter:@joshmink
  • LocationOHIO
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR M

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:35 PM

Yes I tried the new radio, still the same old song and dance.

I can force it to use the VZWINTERNET 4g apn but then i lose all text and mms.

you have a bad SIM card. I had this exact issue a couple months back. i promise you, a new Verizon SIM is the only fix. I tried everything under the sun.

#220 Joshuamink

Joshuamink

xt907er

• Superuser
  • 92 posts
  • Twitter:@joshmink
  • LocationOHIO
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR M

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:40 PM

also, over on xda in the android software development thread, i saw a way to flash 4.4 without newest TWRP, or CWM, maybe for some reason you can't update, or maybe you like that Philz touch recovery based on CWM 6.0.3.2. well someone posted a modded updater-script file to swap out in your rom zips under  YOURUNZIPPEDROMHERE/Meta-INF/com/google/android/update-script just unzip, replace the file, then rezip, sign(i do, but i don't think it's necessary nowadays), and flash. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users