#41 BionicMan69

BionicMan69

Android Scientist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Twitter:@BionicMan_69
  • LocationCookeville, TN
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD, Motorola Droid Bionic, Motorola Xoom, HTC Flyer

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:35 PM

Has anyone else noticed Kit Kat shows unknown for your phone number and 2 other sections also show unknown.

Sent from my XT926 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Attached Files

#42 stp2001

stp2001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Current Device(s):razr hd

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:37 PM

Ya I just looked same thing but hangouts does

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk

#43 starfox221

starfox221

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:49 PM

Anyone having issues with the camera? It doesn't seem to want to do much on my end lol. 

#44 BionicMan69

BionicMan69

Android Scientist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationCookeville, TN
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD, Motorola Droid Bionic, Motorola Xoom, HTC Flyer

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:57 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Updated ART compatible gapps for kit kat by dhacker29

• neckchop and cmh714 like this

#45 Chahta

Chahta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Twitter:toph4er
  • Current Device(s):Droid X

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:39 PM

I took a picture fine earlier, haven't tried camcorder or panorama though

#46 starfox221

starfox221

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:59 PM

It doesn't want to start on mine and I've tried downloading other versions of the APK but it doesn't want to go. =/

#47 stp2001

stp2001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:00 PM

Mine works fine too. Where did you get your gapps from?

#48 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:23 PM

Answer, Answers, Answers, Answers...AAAAAND and Update :)

When I click on the link to download rom the name on the actual download is: full_xt926-ota-eng.tucstwo.zip is the right file?

Yes, starting tomorrish, I will start giving the zips dates. If you browse to the website,

you will see that there is a date next to the rom upload, but because this is an AOSP build (not a CM based) the package doesn't poop out with a date attached. To make things easier, from tomorrow forward, I will date the ACTUAL zip link. Thank you

Yeah, but even after doing this, trying to flash another rom just causes the same scenario..

If you're running into issues like this that you can't solve with simple data wipes, you need to REALLY make sure you're fastboot restored back to STOCK!!

The latest version can be found here.  Do options 1 in fastboot 

Thank you for linking this, while this is unofficial, it does appear people can still use it, but mattlgroff does not support unofficial tools, so keep this in mind

Update:  Apparently there is problems with both TWRP 2.6.1.0 and 2.6.3.0, as I had to go back to 2.5.0.0 in order to get my old 4.3 ROM flashed again.  As this was a huge headache, I plan on not updating until things stable out.  But I will very glad to see these updates coming out shortly, keep up the great work man.

I'm sorry you're having these issues. I've had 0 issues with 2.6.3.0, so I can't duplicate nor confirm your troubles, I'm very sorry. :(

Hmm I flashed the one dhacker posted with the 2.6.3.0 recovery listed here (installed as suggested over twrp 2.5.0.0) and had no issues at all. I'm on 32GB Maxx fwiw

The one dhacker posted IS the same one I linked on www.drdevs.com. I merely posted it there for the sake of saving their bandwidth. It should be the same recovery to the penny.

Those of you having problems if you are on a 16 gig HD you might have to use cwm. Ppl are reporting success with it. Also after upgrading twrp your old backups won't work.

You can give CWM a go if you have more luck? I've read that 4.4 (at the moment) is ONLY compatible with TWRP 2.6.3.0 (but if you got a working CWM, please lemme know so I can list it in the OP, thanks) :D

wow glad i waited.....sometimes it pays off not being a crackflasher!!! any of these aforementioned problems would have destroyed me especially when I don't have a pc handy to [blank canvas back] !!

Unless you like losing data and restoring your phone multiple times a week, it NEVER pays to be a crack flasher...especially if you're kinda new at diagnosing device problems. This is good advice to those with an itch who aren't sure if they should scratch it or not. THIS IS AN ALPHA rom!!!!

I am having no issues whatsoever using TWRP 2.6.1 with 4.4 or 4.3 ROM's

Thank you, Craig, it seems we're not all crazy :p

Personally I wouldnt trust this version of the Utility. It is NOT being distributed by Matt, its just someone whom tweaked Matts script. So use at your own risk.....

Again, this is a "non-sanctuioned" version of the "Razr HD Utility". Matt didn't make it, some other guy took his too and updated it. It may be fine, it may be a coding mess?? Who's to say? What is to say is that Matt didn't make it and it comes with the 12 second warranty. So user beware (unless you're intimately familiar with fastboot commands and batch language).

Update: 

After reverting back to stock and having to restore my apps late last night/this morning, I'll continue to watch this thread but will be waiting to jump to 4.4 for now. 

Thanks for the help and directions in restoring my phone to a workable state.

Much appreciated.

Please do, we intend to add some nice features to this, even though it's just a typical AOSP build.

Followed the directions and flashed no problem using twrp latest. I have xt926 32g. Loved it so far and can't wait to see where this goes!!!

Thank you for the complement, we're doing what we can!

The 16 gig is hit or miss with twrp. but the cwm is working remember old backups won't work but clean install and redo your backup

I'm using a 16 gig, no issues thus far.

That's strange you had problems. Your missing out lol it's amazing how stable 4.4 is I can't even imagine going back to anything else

Don't let the stability of these 4.4 builds fool you. As great as they may be, this is still ALPHA QUALITY AT BEST! If all is working for you, awesome! We appreciate it!

Has anyone else noticed Kit Kat shows unknown for your phone number and 2 other sections also show unknown.

Try to flash tonight's build and see if this changes? These are mostly build.prop errors, it doesn't mean you phone "doesn't work".

Anyone having issues with the camera? It doesn't seem to want to do much on my end lol. 

I'm not, but (broken record) this is an Alpha build, we should be celebrating that it boots! :D

Updated ART compatible gapps for kit kat by dhacker29

Thank you for this, I will add this link to the OP, if those with to give this new "ART VM" a go. Again, warranty expires 15 seconds after you hit the flash button. Patience with Alpha everyone!

I took a picture fine earlier, haven't tried camcorder or panorama though

Like I've said, your milage may vary. This guys comment is testament to this. It works, it don't. Hooray, it boots and works like a phone!!!!

It doesn't want to start on mine and I've tried downloading other versions of the APK but it doesn't want to go. =/

Try using the included cam app again, perhaps wiping the apps data may help? It's helped me in the past. Again, everyone's experiences seem to vary differently. 

Mine works fine too. Where did you get your gapps from?

I've included Gapps in the OP, but again, these are MY preference. If they don't work for you, by all means, feel free to source your own. The ones in the OP are NOT REQUIRED!!  If you find a better set that works for you, please by all mean, use 'em and feel free to share em!

Thanks everyone! We're doing our best!

• chdwrk, newskate9, BamDastard and 5 others like this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#49 stp2001

stp2001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:30 PM

Updated art gapps

• neckchop likes this

#50 PogoTheMonkey

PogoTheMonkey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola DROID MAXX Developer Edition

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:43 AM

Any chance of tap and pay coming to a later build, or is that not happening?

#51 stp2001

stp2001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:46 AM

Depends on vzw

#52 TALLYWACKER

TALLYWACKER

Android caused my divorce !

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts
  • LocationSouth
  • Current Device(s):M8 ROOTED S-OFF UNLOCKED, XT926 UNLOCKED

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:54 AM

Followed op to the letter and it worked flawlessly sorry to report that anyone having trouble is most likely user error cuz I'm the nobbiest and got it to work ...

• tucstwo and RikRong like this

Sent from my Chuck Norris Edition M8 

#53 newskate9

newskate9

Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD, Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:41 AM

TUCSTWO - your post took a lot of time and patience.  Thank you, for that.  WAY over the top and well done!

• chdwrk, neckchop and tucstwo like this

Proud father of a US Marine

#54 TALLYWACKER

TALLYWACKER

Android caused my divorce !

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts
  • LocationSouth
  • Current Device(s):M8 ROOTED S-OFF UNLOCKED, XT926 UNLOCKED

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:54 AM

I agree idiot proof instructions! Love em ! Buuut I don't have a camera apk in my app drawer ...reflash or what ?

• tucstwo and semiconformist like this

Sent from my Chuck Norris Edition M8 

#55 semiconformist

semiconformist

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Google+:plus.google.com/+AustinDennis
  • LocationChapel Hill, NC
  • Current Device(s):iPhone 6 (iOS 8.4.1 - Jailbroken)

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:17 AM

I flashed correctly (I think) and my camera app is just black. I assume it can't connect to my camera and no other camera apk works either. So any what's causing this and does anyone know how to fix it?
  • Slickademo likes this

- Insert witty and/or advertisement filled signature here. -

#56 dragon

dragon

Puff the Magic Dragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Twitter:foamerman
  • LocationLand of Honalee
  • Current Device(s):Unlocked RAZR MAXX HD retired Bionic, Thunderbolt and OG Droid

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:59 PM

Don't mean to high jack. But I have noticed we are having trouble with TWRP and 4.4 over on xda site dhacker has a updated build available that is compatible with 4.4 if any body needs it

Puff the Magic Dragon

Sent from my Computer using windows 8

#57 PogoTheMonkey

PogoTheMonkey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola DROID MAXX Developer Edition

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:39 PM

Depends on vzw

not on 4.4, it no longer requires secure element access.

#58 BionicMan69

BionicMan69

Android Scientist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationCookeville, TN

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:09 PM

Anyone having this problem when trying to transfer anything from internal to external SD card? I've always used Root Explorer and never had this problem till now. Problem can't be cause of space. Still have little over 7gb space still left on my external SD card.

Attached Files

#59 y2kbadbug

y2kbadbug

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, Nevada
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:09 PM

Personally I wouldnt trust this version of the Utility. It is NOT being distributed by Matt, its just someone whom tweaked Matts script. So use at your own risk.....

I honestly didnt pay attention to that.  But as ANY utility goes, its altogether use at own risk.  Regardless of who makes it.  Everything created for android is almost usually a modification of something else.  Thanks for pointing that out though.

Also, to the OP, I love a developer who gives a crap about the users who use his roms.  To that I salute you.

#60 BionicMan69

BionicMan69

Android Scientist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationCookeville, TN

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:35 PM

Anyone having this problem when trying to transfer anything from internal to external SD card? I've always used Root Explorer and never had this problem till now. Problem can't be cause of space. Still have little over 7gb space still left on my external SD card.

Got the issue fixed. Had to set the external SD card path in the preference settings in root explorer. Never had to do that before. Setting was /mnt/external_sd if anyone else runs into that issue.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rom, 4.4, kit kat, aosp, xt926, razr hd, razr hd maxx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users