#22 hecksagon

hecksagon

Was a newb once...

• Superuser
  • 48 posts
  • LocationFreeport, IL
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy Note 3

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:01 PM

Anybody notice GPU performance is way down? I usually get 60 fps in Quadrant, now I am only getting 30.

#23 dre_barr

dre_barr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:06 PM

It's rather trivial, but it appears as if there is no longer system wide emoticon support as in the AOSP build posted a couple days ago. Just pointing that one out. Aside from a couple things, this is ROM is definitely pretty solid! Thanks. 

#24 MistPhoenix

MistPhoenix

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:59 PM

Thanks for the build somber73. Was wifi tethering fixed in any of the newer builds? Just wondering because I want to switch back to cm11 but its a dealbreaker for me, aosp built in tethering works, but I need AP tethering, not ad hoc, which I used Barnacle for recently, in order to connect some devices, but some others wouldn't because it doesn't support ad hoc. If its not fixed, could you look into code changes that could have broken it? Thanks

#25 jhorton014

jhorton014

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:17 PM

Ok. switched to CWM and was able to flash ok. Except now every time I reboot my phone it boots to safestrap or bootloader. My fault though. Any help with that would be appreciated. So flashed now and it works great. Loving Kitkat.

#26 bove2280

bove2280

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Current Device(s):razr m

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:49 AM

Once installed, this got me stuck in a bootloop when I rebooted. And now all kit kat and 4.3 roms have the same issue for me. I've gotten this before, but what fixed it was my battery dying while rebooting. Any faster and more reliable way to fix this?

#27 Rob626

Rob626

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationRoswell, GA
  • Current Device(s):RAZR M, Nook HD+

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:19 AM

Once installed, this got me stuck in a bootloop when I rebooted. And now all kit kat and 4.3 roms have the same issue for me. I've gotten this before, but what fixed it was my battery dying while rebooting. Any faster and more reliable way to fix this?

Had a bootloop in this after installing some apps. Wiped and reflashed and all us good.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

• bove2280 likes this

#28 Rob626

Rob626

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationRoswell, GA

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:33 AM

Some of this is a rehash from previous posts.

By no means am I complaining, just trying to get it all in one place.

So far working pretty well.

Haven't tried to receive or send MMS through the stock messaging yet.

No video playback

No Interface settings yet in Settings, but I'm sure that's coming.

Keyboard got flaky on me once. Using stock AOSP. But hasn't happened since.

Haven't tried tethering yet.

Generally it's almost as smooth as 4.2.2/10.1. Definitely smoother than 10.2/4.3. I get some choppy transitions once in a while, but it's not consistent.

I couldn't speak to the GPU since I don't use my phone for gaming.

Battery life has been great with Google Now turned off.

Bluetooth is streaming without noise.

Lost the play store this morning. Had the No Connection/Retry message, but I had a good wifi connection. Reflashed GAPPS in recovery and it was fine and has been fine since.

I've had the black screen freeze a few times. I know the phone's on b/c the led is blinking, but I can't wake it. Had to do the 3 fingered salute, boot into recovery and wiped dalvik/cache and fixed permissions just to be safe. Worked fine after. I've had this on a few other roms too. I don't think it's ever happened on 10.1 roms unless I had DynamicNotifications installed and running. I have not installed it on this rom.

I'm having the dim screen issue. Takes a few seconds for the sensor to kick in and then for the screen to brighten.

Other than that, as long as the screen doesn't keep shutting off on me, this could be a DD.

I'm assuming that video, MMS and more of the CM settings will be sorted out.

Considering how short 4.4 has been out, I think what we have is pretty amazing. Folks are still ironing out the bugs on 4.3 roms.

• somber73 likes this

#29 j1boogie3

j1boogie3

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr m

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:35 PM

Is anyone having an issue with video playback? So far I've tried Youtube, the Gallery, Snapchat and Instagram; all of which have not worked.

MX player works for gallery videos.
  • karthakon likes this

#30 slogar25

slogar25

• Superuser
  • 43 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr M

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:20 PM

MMS from a VZW iPhone works via HangoutsSent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk 4

Dude..........

• jco23 likes this
Motorola Droid Razr M

#31 somber73

somber73

Ringmaster

• Developer
  • 466 posts
  • Twitter:@xSomber73
  • Google+:nytesblood@gmail.com
  • LocationNY
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:16 PM

No video playback

Generally it's almost as smooth as 4.2.2/10.1. Definitely smoother than 10.2/4.3. I get some choppy transitions once in a while, but it's not consistent.

Lost the play store this morning. Had the No Connection/Retry message, but I had a good wifi connection. Reflashed GAPPS in recovery and it was fine and has been fine since.

I've had the black screen freeze a few times. I know the phone's on b/c the led is blinking, but I can't wake it. Had to do the 3 fingered salute, boot into recovery and wiped dalvik/cache and fixed permissions just to be safe. Worked fine after. I've had this on a few other roms too. I don't think it's ever happened on 10.1 roms unless I had DynamicNotifications installed and running. I have not installed it on this rom.

I'm having the dim screen issue. Takes a few seconds for the sensor to kick in and then for the screen to brighten.

Other than that, as long as the screen doesn't keep shutting off on me, this could be a DD.

Considering how short 4.4 has been out, I think what we have is pretty amazing. Folks are still ironing out the bugs on 4.3 roms.

No video playback

I can actually use this for reference ty keep up the good work :)

• Rob626 likes this

Posted Image

Donations Not Necessary but tia :)

#32 bove2280

bove2280

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:41 PM

Had a bootloop in this after installing some apps. Wiped and reflashed and all us good.

#33 bove2280

bove2280

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:46 PM

It would seem my phone might have an issue with being fully off. Nothing is the same as pulling the battery out. Why only 4.3 and 4.4 (didn't test 4.1) had issues rebooting? I don't know, but I let my battery fully die after installing stock kit kat and it worked like a charm.

#34 Joshuamink

Joshuamink

xt907er

• Superuser
  • 92 posts
  • Twitter:@joshmink
  • LocationOHIO
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR M

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:51 PM

It would seem my phone might have an issue with being fully off. Nothing is the same as pulling the battery out. Why only 4.3 and 4.4 (didn't test 4.1) had issues rebooting? I don't know, but I let my battery fully die after installing stock kit kat and it worked like a charm.

I agree with you, but I know power+vol down for about 8 seconds forces reboot. Also, I have read somewhere that power+volup+voldown does a full simulated has battery pull. I'm just not sure that the phone STAYS off. It may just reboot. I hate that if I power my phone completely down, and throw it on charge, a lot of times it turns itself back on instead of just charging while powered off(my fave when I need a quick charge, nothing draining, while charging.) I have two power packs. One is 4000mah, the other is 9000mah, they are great, but I wish I could just keep an extra battery in my pocket to swap out if I get low. I always did this in the past.

• teddyearp likes this

#35 bove2280

bove2280

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:31 AM

I agree with you, but I know power+vol down for about 8 seconds forces reboot. Also, I have read somewhere that power+volup+voldown does a full simulated has battery pull. I'm just not sure that the phone STAYS off. It may just reboot. I hate that if I power my phone completely down, and throw it on charge, a lot of times it turns itself back on instead of just charging while powered off(my fave when I need a quick charge, nothing draining, while charging.) I have two power packs. One is 4000mah, the other is 9000mah, they are great, but I wish I could just keep an extra battery in my pocket to swap out if I get low. I always did this in the past.

When I got the reboot issue, I would hold down all the buttons necessary to simulate a battery pull, but with out me even touching the power button after that it would immediately display and freeze at the boot logo. The good news is that this should be a one time thing, and kit kat is running perfectly on my phone. Back on 4.3 when this happened and my battery dying fixed it, I didn't have to do that again no matter how many roms I tried out. (I'm thinking the reason this happened has something to do with a kernel change needing a full reboot or something, but I have no clue.)

#36 Rob626

Rob626

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationRoswell, GA

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:39 AM

I had the dead screen with the led message indicator flashing again. Only thing that worked was 3 fingered salute. Went back to 10.1.3 Stable until the next version of CM 11 graces us

#37 Joshuamink

Joshuamink

xt907er

• Superuser
  • 92 posts
  • Twitter:@joshmink
  • LocationOHIO
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR M

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:07 AM

Well it seems holding the power and vol down, does exactly the same thing as all three buttons. If powered off. Power+vol up is recovery, power+vol down is fastboot/bootloader. Also, I'm thinking any time the power+vol down is pressed for 8 seconds it will reboot. I think the middle key just isn't read period, as they both seem to do the same thing. Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

#38 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M (XT907) Retail (unlocked)

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:31 AM

actually... power+vol down is a reboot and all three power+vol up/down its a simulated battery pull... is there a difference.. i dont know... should there be im sure there is but i cant tell you right now.. hahaha 

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#39 mykalmunlight

mykalmunlight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Current Device(s):XT907 (DROID RAZR M)

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:44 AM

Power+volume down is screen shot

#40 motoroid7

motoroid7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Twitter:motoroid7
  • LocationBloomington, Indiana
  • Current Device(s):RAZR M

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:33 AM

Power+volume down is screen shot

Yes, but if your phone is on continue to hold it even after the screen shot is taken and your phone will reboot.
  • Joshuamink likes this

Twitter: @motoroid7

ADN: @seven07

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users