trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:39 PM

Hi guys,
Something weird happening to my phone. YouTube will lose sound out of no where. I tried a few roms. Did a clean flash to all of them so I don't think its rom related. YouTube will be working fine then a few hours later, it'll be just videos with no sound. You guys think its hardware related? Don't feel calling Verizon if its something can fixed on my end. All Verizon would do is tell me factory reset. Lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#2 wulf

wulf

Themer

• Superuser
  • 929 posts
  • Twitter:@Wulf_X1
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:39 PM

Are you on ICS? Do you lose sound on other media apps or just YouTube?
Reason I ask is at times I lose sound for play music, moto music and games when it happens. I usually have to go to home screen then menu>settings>sound and have to turn phone ringtone all the way down then back up for sound to come back. I'm on OTA stock ICS and already did a reset after update. It's a pain at times but I deal with it, lol. Dont feel like spending two hours with verizon or replacing it. Most likely a software issue, at least in my case. If you reset let us know if it works for you.

#3 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:49 PM

Are you on ICS? Do you lose sound on other media apps or just YouTube?
Reason I ask is at times I lose sound for play music, moto music and games when it happens. I usually have to go to home screen then menu>settings>sound and have to turn phone ringtone all the way down then back up for sound to come back. I'm on OTA stock ICS and already did a reset after update. It's a pain at times but I deal with it, lol. Dont feel like spending two hours with verizon or replacing it. Most likely a software issue, at least in my case. If you reset let us know if it works for you.

Yes I am on ics OTA. It also happens for navigation sound and recorded sounds. I guess when it happens ill try your trick. Thanks

#4 wulf

wulf

Themer

• Superuser
  • 929 posts
  • Twitter:@Wulf_X1
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:14 PM

No prob, hope it works for you.

#5 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:06 PM

This is out if the speaker or the headphone jack? Because my head phone jack is well...jacked. Doesn't work at all. Guess eventually I'm gonna have to go back to stock and see if that fixes it. If not, to VZW I go to find out what they think.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#6 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:07 PM

This is out if the speaker or the headphone jack? Because my head phone jack is well...jacked. Doesn't work at all. Guess eventually I'm gonna have to go back to stock and see if that fixes it. If not, to VZW I go to find out what they think.

It's out of speaker.

#7 sprovo

sprovo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Twitter:sprov0
  • Locationny

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:53 PM

Weird thing. I just went on YouTube and am not getting any sound. went on the forums and saw this. Im thinking its Bluetooth related. Do you use it

#8 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:01 PM

Weird thing. I just went on YouTube and am not getting any sound. went on the forums and saw this. Im thinking its Bluetooth related. Do you use it

My Bluetooth is fine. Did you try what wulf suggested

#9 sprovo

sprovo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Twitter:sprov0
  • Locationny

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:03 PM

I just restarted and it was fine

#10 Johngi559

Johngi559

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Twitter:@_johngi
  • Google+:Johnny Hernandez

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:36 AM

Sometimes no sounds come out randomly, it blows i just restart my phone tho, :(

#11 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:44 AM

Thanks guys for your feedbacks. I think its just random and software related and not hardware. Thank God dont feel like getting a replacement ;)

#12 amcas522

amcas522

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:34 AM

I think it is definitely Bluetooth related. When I turn off the bluetooth, that's when the sound won't come out of the speaker. It didn't happen before I started using bluetooth. Very frustrating, but next time I will try turning the ringer volume down then up.

#13 chinkster

chinkster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:38 PM

I just noticed this issue as well. A restart will bring it back. Will try the volume all the way down and back up trick. They need to fix this glitch. Does anyone know if Motorola is aware of this issue yet? I thought it was because I updated the youtube app but I downgraded and it is still the same...

Droid RAZR Maxx

#14 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:12 PM

I have been having this random issue on both my maxx and my wife's razr. What I discovered is that for some unknown reason if I plug the phone in with headphones or to my car stereo, then later unplug, sometimes there is no sound. The phone does not always recognize that it was unplugged. This is why a reboot fixes it, but if you are losing sound after being plugged in, the easiest fix is to plug some headphones back in and slowly pull them out. Sound magically returns from speakers.

Sent from my XT912 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

#15 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:33 AM

I read somehere tha if you lose sound on youtube or google navigation, just do srcreen shot and the sound should come back. I havent tried it but will give it a try when i get that problem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users