Photo

lost su binary

super user installation Super User Root Droid Razr

Best Answer Perotin9 , 01 December 2013 - 01:58 PM

Try this...... https://db.tt/MpfNdhYF .... grab that and flash over the ROM slot (NOT STOCK Slot)... in safestrap ..... it should fix your root...... :)

Quick update.  Was just about to do as you instructed today, when I got a notice to update SU through the Play Store.  Downloaded and installed update, restarted phone, got message to update su binary, updated binary and now SU is doing what it is supposed to do.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Perotin9

Perotin9

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR

Posted 28 November 2013 - 11:32 AM

So here is what happened.  Was using Adaway as an ad blocker (was using Adfree before that but something was up with the update and I couldn't download it).  Decided I wanted to try out Adblock Plus.  Downloaded and installed it but realized it only works while on wifi.  So I reinstall Adaway APK and run app but it tells me that it can't find su binary.  Download SU Checker from Play Store and run it.  Tells me my phone isn't rooted.  I have other things that run on root like Quick Boot that still work.  Has this happened to anyone?  Is there a fix or will I have to re-root phone?  Running latest version of safestrap on Droid Razr using Rage Rom Mod.

#2 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 28 November 2013 - 11:40 AM

Try this......

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

.... grab that and flash over the ROM slot (NOT STOCK Slot)... in safestrap ..... it should fix your root......:)

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#3 Perotin9

Perotin9

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:58 PM   Best Answer

Try this......

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

.... grab that and flash over the ROM slot (NOT STOCK Slot)... in safestrap ..... it should fix your root...... :)

Quick update.  Was just about to do as you instructed today, when I got a notice to update SU through the Play Store.  Downloaded and installed update, restarted phone, got message to update su binary, updated binary and now SU is doing what it is supposed to do.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: super user, installation, Super User, Root, Droid Razr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users