• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Locationbrooklyn
  • Current Device(s):u8680

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:52 PM

Stock rom for u8680/8730 for those who miss the old mytouch

DOWNLOAD STOCK ROM -https://drive.google...dit?usp=sharing

PUT IT ON SDCARD

BOOT INTO DOWNLOAD MODE (VOL UP & DOWN WITH POWER)

PUT THESE FILES IN IMAGE FOLDER-https://drive.google....nVNdHZlbkRwWTQ

PULL OUT BATTERY AND REBOOT INTO RECOVERY

wipe all: factory reset, format system, format HWuserdata, and format dalvik cache also.

->reboot device into cwm recovery

->mount system

->flash the rom zip

->reboot system and wait

ANY BUG????

NOT TESTED ON U8730 

#2 branzy1

branzy1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Locationghana
  • Current Device(s):huawei u8730

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:21 PM

not working on u8730 but  still figuring out 

#3 branzy1

branzy1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Locationghana
  • Current Device(s):huawei u8730

Posted 23 February 2014 - 04:26 PM

it keeps rebooting in to the cwm

#4 frankvii

frankvii

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:12 PM

You may want to try the stock U8730 ROMs located here:  http://forum.gsmhost...tml#post8821770 .  I have an U8730 and have reflashed it numerous times as I have been trying out different things (like installing ICS).

#5 doomgaze

doomgaze

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Current Device(s):U8730, MS695

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:46 PM

You may want to try the stock U8730 ROMs located here:  http://forum.gsmhost...tml#post8821770 .  I have an U8730 and have reflashed it numerous times as I have been trying out different things (like installing ICS).

could you provide another source for the rom? everytime i check gsmhost it sais exceeded data. also what other files do you use? i'm currently trying to restore GB from ICS but all i keep getting is rebooting into recovery

#6 frankvii

frankvii

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:32 AM

could you provide another source for the rom? everytime i check gsmhost it sais exceeded data. also what other files do you use? i'm currently trying to restore GB from ICS but all i keep getting is rebooting into recovery

I've uploaded two U8730 and one U8680 Rom(s) here:  https://www.mediafir...gvqvmq66/Public

The previously listed gsmhost site does work but it is a hassle to finally get into rapidshare so you can download.  It has a free download but continuously tries to push you into getting a paid subscription which includes that "exceeded data" message.  That message refers to a limit on the number of free downloads per day (i.e. too many people have tried to free download from the owner/poster of those files).

#7 doomgaze

doomgaze

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Current Device(s):U8730, MS695

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:34 PM

I've uploaded the two U8730 Roms here:  https://www.mediafir...gvqvmq66/Public

The previously listed gsmhost site does work but it is a hassle to finally get into rapidshare so you can download.  It has a free download but continuously tries to push you into getting a paid subscription which includes that "exceeded data" message.  That message refers to a limit on the number of free downloads per day (i.e. too many people have tried to free download from the owner/poster of those files).

do either of those images support 4G? before i messed with ICS i was running 2.6.7 i believe and had 4G but i've tried to restore from an image (i don't remember where i got it from) but it put my phone back to 2.3.6 and with 2G only. no updates available

#8 frankvii

frankvii

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:11 AM

do either of those images support 4G? before i messed with ICS i was running 2.6.7 i believe and had 4G but i've tried to restore from an image (i don't remember where i got it from) but it put my phone back to 2.3.6 and with 2G only. no updates available

A short answer:  I don't know. but if you call T-Mobile (assuming you are a customer), they may be able to help.

A long answer: 

I think you have confused the kernel version with the android version.  The T-Mobile Kernel/ROM versions can be found here:  http://support.t-mob...m/docs/DOC-4547 .  The android versions can be found here:  http://en.wikipedia....version_history .  According to the T-Mobile site there have been 3 Rom upgrades released and my post has the 1st and 3rd releases (I have only flashed the 1st release and haven't tried the internet).  All releases have had kernel 2.6.35.7 and Android version 2.3.6 so I'm guessing that is what you were running when 4G was working.  However, there may be over the air updates from T-mobile which enabled/affected 4G.  On the site discussion concerning ICS (located here:  http://www.droidrzr....ytouch-q/page-5) there was a post from ttrout678 that said he got 4g working (with ICS) after talking to T-Mobile.  I've tried contacting ttrout678 to find out how this was done but have not gotten a reply.  But if they could help him I certainly assume they can help you, especially with you running one of their stock ROMs..

#9 frankvii

frankvii

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 01:07 PM

A note about the above ROMs that I posted.  These are the full stock ROMs and are 300+ MBs.  There is a PDF file in each that tells you what to do.  It is really simple.  Unzip the file, put the dload directory (which has the file UPDATE.APP) on a SD card.  Start the phone by pushing the VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN key, and then press the POWER key.  Wait until the update is complete and then your phone should be the same as (with all features) a newly purchased phone.

#10 samuel3mn2

samuel3mn2

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationRepública Dominicana
  • Current Device(s):Lg optimus G e970

Posted 30 October 2014 - 03:39 PM

A note about the above ROMs that I posted.  These are the full stock ROMs and are 300+ MBs.  There is a PDF file in each that tells you what to do.  It is really simple.  Unzip the file, put the dload directory (which has the file UPDATE.APP) on a SD card.  Start the phone by pushing the VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN key, and then press the POWER key.  Wait until the update is complete and then your phone should be the same as (with all features) a newly purchased phone.

isn't working volume UP and VOlume Down and power key device just enter to pink screen don't do nothing please help

#11 frankvii

frankvii

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:09 PM

isn't working volume UP and VOlume Down and power key device just enter to pink screen don't do nothing please help

You are getting the pink screen because the phone doesn't see or can't find the the correct path for the update which should be:  SdCARD/dload/Update.app .  I've never had this problem but you can google it (like I did) and find these possible solutions:

1.  Format your SdCard and only have the "dload" folder with "Update.app" in it.

2.  Try a new SdCard

3.  Pull the battery, plug in a USB cable and try the update.

Now the above worked for some people but did not work for the guy who (like you) was asking for help.  So if these things don't work, try googling "huawei pink screen rom update" and see if you can find anything else.  Good luck.

#12 samuel3mn2

samuel3mn2

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationRepública Dominicana
  • Current Device(s):Lg optimus G e970

Posted 31 October 2014 - 05:23 PM

You are getting the pink screen because the phone doesn't see or can't find the the correct path for the update which should be:  SdCARD/dload/Update.app .  I've never had this problem but you can google it (like I did) and find these possible solutions:

1.  Format your SdCard and only have the "dload" folder with "Update.app" in it.

2.  Try a new SdCard

3.  Pull the battery, plug in a USB cable and try the update.

Now the above worked for some people but did not work for the guy who (like you) was asking for help.  So if these things don't work, try googling "huawei pink screen rom update" and see if you can find anything else.  Good luck.

Now i enter to firmware update but i got update failed :(

#13 frankvii

frankvii

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 05:59 AM

Now i enter to firmware update but i got update failed :(

Again, I'd suggest googling your problem.  However, from what I can remember, using the wrong ROM will cause this so double check to insure you are using the correct ROM.  If the ROM is correct then I think you need to look elsewhere else for help.  The experts that have originated these threads don't appear to be actively checking back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users