- The Team
* Kebob - - - - - - I have taken over development for Matt since he no longer has a razr. If you have questions PM me. Thank you
- - -The Greats- - -
The base of The Arctic ICS is the 6.16.211 stock rom by Hashcode +Updated from 6.16.215. We have made it Deodexed, Zipaligned , Debloated, and removed so much bloat that this thing could float on water! Most of the MotoBlur apps have been replaces with smaller, more efficient Android Open Source Project apps such as but not limited to Gallery, Clock, Calendar, Calculator, Email, Messaging, Browser, and a modified Blur Camera by EmericanX that works with AOSP Gallery! We also have tons of juicy tweaks to make the best of your phone. Battery savers when you don't need it, performance increase when you do! Our Rom currently has the high scoring benchmarks of any other ICS Rom, including CM9!
- - -Known Issues- - -
One repeated setup screen. Easily ignored though.
- - -Downloads- - -
Blue ICS keyboard, by 24v:
- - -Directions- - -
1a, Install 6.16.215 update from here:
1. Install this in Safestrap 2.0 ICS over 6.16.211 OR 6.16.214 OR 6.16.215. I suggest wiping data, cache, dalvik cache, and system before flashing. (Data wipe is HIGHLY suggested from coming from any previous version of Arctic.)
2. Flash The Arctic ICS, (no more gapps they are integrated)
Leave your comments
Note: If you are coming from Arctic, Arctic 214 to Arctic215 and you installed GoogleEars like a normal downloaded app, uninstall it before flashing Arctic215.
Note2: If you have trouble with gapps or anything realated to google please install gapps.
- - -Testers- - -
Thanks guys for finding all the errors in the endless barrage of updates I threw at you, and for help in finding many bugs.
- - -Change log- - -
CpuSleep.apk is built in now, No need to flash it as a addon
GAPPs are now Integrated! So no need to spend extra time downloading them or installing
Everything is working well(At least to what the testers have reported)
Version is now 2.2 and is shown under build in settings->about phone
You can use 24vs keyboard but I may add it in just give some feedback on it and Ill let you all know
* Updated to 6.16.214 base.
* Added Google Ears.
* Added AppWidgetPicker (when running a 3rd party launcher on stock moto ics that menu has white text on white background.. makes it a pita)
* Updated Superuser.apk and su binary.
Revision 1 Updates:
* Updated to 6.16.214 base.
* FIXED Google Ears
Revision 2 Updates:
* Arctic Penguin lockscreen (see my avatar for example)
* Build.prop modified to allow bypass of the ICS SetupWizard if you don't have a valid Verizon SIM card. (Thanks CellZealot)
Arctic "Cool" Lockscreen by mattlgroff: - Please note that the actual apps (Phone, default SMS, and Blur_Camera will have a message up icon in the actual app drawer/homescreen. The cost of a beautiful lockscreen.
Screenshot for "Cool" Lockscreen (note this does not change wallpaper):
Stock ICS Battery 1% Mod: > YOU MUST WIPE CACHE AND DALVIK, AND BE DEODEXED BEFORE USING ANY 1% BATTERY MOD.
-Officially Supported Flashable Mods for The Arctic
Sunkissed Arctic by AliceIcs -
Blue Arctic by spc_hicks - < >
AOSP Lockscreen for Arctic by papi (As seen below) - < >
Edited by mattlgroff, 07 August 2012 - 12:18 AM.
Added Sunkissed Arctic