Photo

[Theme] Red Widow Theme -Update 7/31 (Black Widow Ics-6.16.214.spyder.deodex) V1.0

theme ics razr black widow bw ftw red i❤DSGMach1 lol

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#21 pattersonx

pattersonx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:57 PM

Great job on the theme! Cant wait to see what else you do to it

#22 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:23 PM

DSGmach1, great job on this theme, very interested in Boot Anim, just a suggestion, in GMail the blue hilite is still there & your idea for red seems to be better & more discernible w/the shine of the red…

Keep up the good work… & the icons have got to appeal to me, since my custom forum name is…

SpyderMan
Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#23 DSGMach1

DSGMach1

Themer

• Superuser
  • 264 posts
  • LocationGriffin, GA

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:01 PM

DSGmach1, great job on this theme, very interested in Boot Anim, just a suggestion, in GMail the blue hilite is still there & your idea for red seems to be better & more discernible w/the shine of the red…

Keep up the good work… & the icons have got to appeal to me, since my custom forum name is…

SpyderMan

Thanks. Some apk's still have that blue line or blue text. I'm working on getting those red as well I just have to find the right part in the xml files to edit.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

#24 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:12 PM

DSGMach1, by all means, your work on that will definitely be polish on what you have done; it looks really nice!
& the red does enhance the visuals so much.

One observation, the black at the edge of the cursor pointer in text fields does make for a bit of missing contrast; perhaps you could make it w/either a solid red, or fading to a lighter red towards the top point…

IDK, maybe some sort of border around it… but as it is the hilite of lighter red in the center is a nice touch, makes it stand out better & is definiyely eye candy… maybe you could make the lighter part go vertical instead of horizontal?!

Sounds good?

All t_e best, SpyderMan
Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#25 DSGMach1

DSGMach1

Themer

• Superuser
  • 264 posts
  • LocationGriffin, GA

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:54 PM

DSGMach1, by all means, your work on that will definitely be polish on what you have done; it looks really nice!
& the red does enhance the visuals so much.

One observation, the black at the edge of the cursor pointer in text fields does make for a bit of missing contrast; perhaps you could make it w/either a solid red, or fading to a lighter red towards the top point…

IDK, maybe some sort of border around it… but as it is the hilite of lighter red in the center is a nice touch, makes it stand out better & is definiyely eye candy… maybe you could make the lighter part go vertical instead of horizontal?!

Sounds good?

All t_e best, SpyderMan

I see what you mean about the pointer. I'll try to do the gradient at an angle or possibly vertical as you said instead of horizontal and see how it looks. Thanks for the feedback.

#26 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:39 PM

DSG, yes, gradient - that's the word I was 'seeking'…
it is & will be my pleasure, enjoying the theme & as a photographer, by serious hobby, I can tell you that the vertical gradient will probly be best, it'll focus the eye where it needs to be…

I like giving input, it puts me on the bleeding edge…

SpyderMan
Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#27 mal_eskrito

mal_eskrito

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:12 PM

The color Red scheme ROCKS bro!!!!!i appreciate your time and work in the theme. will be flashing this bad boy.

Posted Image

#28 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:24 PM

DSG, here's another visual note:

the time & battery digits are good height & are thin enuf to have good contrast w/the bkgrnd, but the smaller 1X I have for data is a tad too short & a tad too thick, thus giving it a slightly muddy or unsharp appearance; maybe make the 1X taller & put upld/dwnld arrows to the left: easier on the eyes & less distracting that way b/c, w/the taller 1X, there would be consistency of notif bar fonts as well as
easier recognition… still this theme rocks!

hope this helps, SpyderMan

Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#29 DSGMach1

DSGMach1

Themer

• Superuser
  • 264 posts
  • LocationGriffin, GA

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:51 PM

DSG, here's another visual note:

the time & battery digits are good height & are thin enuf to have good contrast w/the bkgrnd, but the smaller 1X I have for data is a tad too short & a tad too thick, thus giving it a slightly muddy or unsharp appearance; maybe make the 1X taller & put upld/dwnld arrows to the left: easier on the eyes & less distracting that way b/c, w/the taller 1X, there would be consistency of notif bar fonts as well as
easier recognition… still this theme rocks!

hope this helps, SpyderMan

Moving things around, such as the up/down arrows, is not as easy as it sounds, unfortunately. It is beyond my level of knowledge, but I'll see if I can make the image for 1x more defined in the next update to see if that helps.

#30 DSGMach1

DSGMach1

Themer

• Superuser
  • 264 posts
  • LocationGriffin, GA

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:15 PM

Theme updated. Still working on a few things to finalize the theme, but figured I would go ahead and throw this up since I'm pretty happy with the changes I've made up to this point. Updated link is in the OP

Edit: Screenshots updated as well.

#31 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:32 PM

Ohhhhh DSG,

Very well done, welcome to the ranks of talented, responsive developers!

The new text pointer is gr8, Razr sharp on a black bkgrnd now & color & gradient are better implemented - the slant really works! & Data icon is much more easily read…

Can't wait for ur boot anim… btw, fwiw, later in the Chatroom 2tealth clarified what was going on & considering which functions were taking the most power fm my battery 1st & 2nd place, it was normal; I was just used to being able to plug in somewhere, so it was new to me , but now I'm good w/the newly updated knowledge… thanks again for pitching in on Chat

Keep up the good work! SpyderMan
Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#32 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:44 PM

very great work DsG!! I am going to throw this threads link into my OP! again, very impressing work! we should get you a blacked out dialer like 24v has in his red theme and this would be Perfection IMO.....

"A truly blacked out experience"

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

[XT926 |[(BLACKWIDOWHD|wWIDOWHD)]| XT926]

#33 DSGMach1

DSGMach1

Themer

• Superuser
  • 264 posts
  • LocationGriffin, GA

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:55 PM

very great work DsG!! I am going to throw this threads link into my OP! again, very impressing work! we should get you a blacked out dialer like 24v has in his red theme and this would be Perfection IMO.....

Thanks. I thought about changing the dialer like you talked about. I'll probably work on that tonight if I don't spend more time on the boot animation

#34 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:59 PM

Thanks. I thought about changing the dialer like you talked about. I'll probably work on that tonight if I don't spend more time on the boot animation

either way great work.. just thinking that would top it off theme wise

btw I have a boot animation creator tool, not sure if I shared it with u already.. makes testing/creating boot animations a breeze. they load on your computer and display like they would on the phone. should save some time between transfers/reboots and setting the desc up. :ph34r:

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

#35 DSGMach1

DSGMach1

Themer

• Superuser
  • 264 posts
  • LocationGriffin, GA

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:47 PM

either way great work.. just thinking that would top it off theme wise

btw I have a boot animation creator tool, not sure if I shared it with u already.. makes testing/creating boot animations a breeze. they load on your computer and display like they would on the phone. should save some time between transfers/reboots and setting the desc up.

that boot animation tool would be great. It sucks having to move it to my phone and reboot every time

#36 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:49 PM

that boot animation tool would be great. It sucks having to move it to my phone and reboot every time

hop on chat right quick while I'm still connected and we will get u hooked up

Posted Image

#37 wyld

wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Google+:rramos729@gmail.com
  • LocationPortage Indiana

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:39 PM

Great work!!! Everything looks awesome so far! im looking forward to see that BootAnimation and what you do with the keyboard!!!!!!!! lol

#38 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:56 PM

DSGMach1, I just got unusual behavior after reflashing BW214 deodexed (on top of existing install).

Once the rom was re-installed & I rebooted, I kept getting error msgs telling me that the EMail app unfortunately stopped.

Do you have to install v.92 of your theme on top of the original version, or can you install it 'on it's own' w/out having prev install of Red Widow present before flashing v.92?

The only way I can seem to get the EMail app working is to re-flash BW214 deodexed & not install Red Widow v.92.

Obviously, I'm not happy w/this situation, but… what can I do- I've tried clearing data fm the EMail app, resetting the yahoo account itself in Settings -> Synch; all to lo avail & it does seem, for whatever reason - that v92 of Red Widow is at fault, b/c the EMail app works right up until I re-install v.92 of Red Widow - which I like very much &

unless it is that v.92 needs to be installed over the original version… unless it has something yo do w/the underlying rom - but I don't know enuf about androidOS br programming, maybe you could consult w/andlaw…

thanks in advance, seeker
Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#39 DSGMach1

DSGMach1

Themer

• Superuser
  • 264 posts
  • LocationGriffin, GA

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:10 PM

DSGMach1, I just got unusual behavior after reflashing BW214 deodexed (on top of existing install).

Once the rom was re-installed & I rebooted, I kept getting error msgs telling me that the EMail app unfortunately stopped.

Do you have to install v.92 of your theme on top of the original version, or can you install it 'on it's own' w/out having prev install of Red Widow present before flashing v.92?

The only way I can seem to get the EMail app working is to re-flash BW214 deodexed & not install Red Widow v.92.

Obviously, I'm not happy w/this situation, but… what can I do- I've tried clearing data fm the EMail app, resetting the yahoo account itself in Settings -> Synch; all to lo avail & it does seem, for whatever reason - that v92 of Red Widow is at fault, b/c the EMail app works right up until I re-install v.92 of Red Widow - which I like very much &

unless it is that v.92 needs to be installed over the original version… unless it has something yo do w/the underlying rom - but I don't know enuf about androidOS br programming, maybe you could consult w/andlaw…

thanks in advance, seeker

That is strange. I just tried adding an account through the e-mail app and didn't have any problems. Did you try wiping cache, dalvik, and data and then flashing the rom/theme?

If nothing else works I'll upload the theme without the e-mail.apk in it for you to flash and then I'll give you the home screen icon for it so that you can set it as the icon through the apex launcher since that is really the only thing I did for e-mail.

#40 DSGMach1

DSGMach1

Themer

• Superuser
  • 264 posts
  • LocationGriffin, GA

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:07 AM

Thanks to the help from JaeKar99 I should have the boot animation finished tonight. I'm going to try to have a small update fort the theme done also with an updated dialer and hopefully keyboard, but it may be tomorrow night before I can finish it all up.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: theme, ics, razr, black widow, bw ftw, red, i❤DSGMach1 lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users