Photo

[Theme] Red Widow Theme -Update 7/31 (Black Widow Ics-6.16.214.spyder.deodex) V1.0

theme ics razr black widow bw ftw red i❤DSGMach1 lol

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#41 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:07 AM

DSGMach1,

no joy, I wiped data, cache, & dalvik b4 trying to re-install v.92, & EMail app syill had same prob.

Alhough I like BW & your theme, I've had to put in a lot of hrs trying to fix this - which meant flashing & re-flashing & not being able to use my device

& I still can't use my Live.com email; so I am going back to Eclipse ICS 1.1.

Yes. both Eclipse & BW seem to be on a developement freeze; Eclipse allows me to have my Live.com in te EMail app, & it works for Yahoo as well…

I am keeping a nand b/u of my device w/BW on it, but not Red Widow, so if you come up w/a fix, I can just restore the nand & try your fix.

This is due to liking certain features on BW & how much I like your theme, but I need a regular driver that doesn't take so much time w/tracking down probs. I do need to use my device for its main purpose, computing & oh, yeah, calls!

You have shown excellent follow up & that you care about users in general, & that you are very responsive to questions & feedback - which is much appreciated.

I imagine that w/the quality of your work, & dedication to the users; you should have many other successes, & I will have the chalce to use other of your themes.

But I will keep that nand w/BW & your themeif you come up w/a fix, I will give it a shot in order to 'give back' for & in respect to the work you've done.

thanks for everything, seeker
Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#42 sixstrings78

sixstrings78

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:16 PM

Wow! This theme is smoking!! thanks for the hard work! This is my favorite theme on my favorite ROM!

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

27.65KB   5 downloads
  • andlaw likes this

#43 DSGMach1

DSGMach1

Themer

• Superuser
  • 264 posts
  • LocationGriffin, GA

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:26 PM

^^Glad you enjoy it :)

@seeker I think I know what the problem is. Your live account uses exchange and the black widow rom doesn't support Exchange. It says in the OP for the rom to use K-9 Mail from the Play store for exchange e-mails.

Did your live account work before you flashed the theme? I created a live account and was able to duplicate your issue so if you can get your live account to work on the rom without the theme I'll work on finding a solution.

#44 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:25 PM

DSGMach1

I spoke w/andlaw in chat about Live account, when I thought it was just plain vanilla web based email & not exchange-based. Since then I removed that account fm my Maxx.

I believe I mentioned earlier that the probs came up when trying to tap on any given Yahoo email in EMail app - which just caused the app to close… the prob w-srw-ring it's ugly head when I was trying to use EMail app for my Yahoo emails… sorry if unclear b4…
I even tried your advice of wiping data, cache, & dalvik to no avail.

Tapping on any email subject line in said app caused the app to close… that & too many hours flashing & re-flashing to work around this led me to go back to Eclipse- where I can have both Yahoo & Live accounts synching & notifying me via the EMail app...

I needed to be using my device for computing & calling more than troubleshooting & seemingly endless wiping & re-installing.

You are providing exemplary support & I still have the nand w/BW & no Red Widow in case you need me to test a fix… but that will be a courtesy that you earned thru your involvement - I'm still gonna stick w/the rom that supports 100% of what I need - even if the other rom is very sexy & has a great theme…
Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#45 DSGMach1

DSGMach1

Themer

• Superuser
  • 264 posts
  • LocationGriffin, GA

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:38 PM

DSGMach1

I spoke w/andlaw in chat about Live account, when I thought it was just plain vanilla web based email & not exchange-based. Since then I removed that account fm my Maxx.

I believe I mentioned earlier that the probs came up when trying to tap on any given Yahoo email in EMail app - which just caused the app to close… the prob w-srw-ring it's ugly head when I was trying to use EMail app for my Yahoo emails… sorry if unclear b4…
I even tried your advice of wiping data, cache, & dalvik to no avail.

Tapping on any email subject line in said app caused the app to close… that & too many hours flashing & re-flashing to work around this led me to go back to Eclipse- where I can have both Yahoo & Live accounts synching & notifying me via the EMail app...

I needed to be using my device for computing & calling more than troubleshooting & seemingly endless wiping & re-installing.

You are providing exemplary support & I still have the nand w/BW & no Red Widow in case you need me to test a fix… but that will be a courtesy that you earned thru your involvement - I'm still gonna stick w/the rom that supports 100% of what I need - even if the other rom is very sexy & has a great theme…

I don't blame you. My phone is used a lot for work so I know where you're coming from.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

#46 wyld

wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Google+:rramos729@gmail.com
  • LocationPortage Indiana

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:09 PM

A few minor issues. red on red. Makes things kinda hard to see. end call icon and download bar or what ever its called ? lol

Posted Image

Posted Image

#47 DSGMach1

DSGMach1

Themer

• Superuser
  • 264 posts
  • LocationGriffin, GA

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:19 PM

Thanks Wyld. I'll look into fixing those images now.

#48 DSGMach1

DSGMach1

Themer

• Superuser
  • 264 posts
  • LocationGriffin, GA

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:25 PM

Boot animation added to the OP and in the boot animation forum.

#49 DSGMach1

DSGMach1

Themer

• Superuser
  • 264 posts
  • LocationGriffin, GA

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:03 AM

I'm considering taking out the red background for notifications. I'm kind of undecided on it. What do you guys think? Keep it or back to black. Here is a shot of it back to black so you can compare.

Pics of it red are in the OP.

Attached Files

• andlaw likes this

#50 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:51 AM

haha, ahh $!#7, that black is sick! you must inform me which it is so i can change it in mine as well :wub:

*btw black looks much cleaner than the red did! thats my opinion!!

"A truly blacked out experience"

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

[XT926 |[(BLACKWIDOWHD|wWIDOWHD)]| XT926]

#51 DSGMach1

DSGMach1

Themer

• Superuser
  • 264 posts
  • LocationGriffin, GA

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:29 PM

haha, ahh $!#7, that black is sick! you must inform me which it is so i can change it in mine as well

*btw black looks much cleaner than the red did! thats my opinion!!

When i get back home i will let you know for sure but I think it is in either systemui or framework-res>values>drawable. If I'm right there should be a line called notification background or something like that.

#52 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:33 PM

When i get back home i will let you know for sure but I think it is in either systemui or framework-res>values>drawable. If I'm right there should be a line called notification background or something like that.

word, it should be located within the res>drawable-hdpi directory of the framework-res.apk
I already blacked out notify_panel_notification_icon_bg, i was thinking maybe it was panel_background but again not sure, would be awesome lol.. i've been looking for that image for some time now hahaa, glad you came across it!

**edit, oh your saying its an xml edit for the bg color? that would be why i never found it lol... i was thinking it was an image., but if you could hook that up that would be awesome. Ive been trying for the full blacked out look in the notification panel. :ph34r:

"A truly blacked out experience"

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

[XT926 |[(BLACKWIDOWHD|wWIDOWHD)]| XT926]

#53 DSGMach1

DSGMach1

Themer

• Superuser
  • 264 posts
  • LocationGriffin, GA

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:17 PM

word, it should be located within the res>drawable-hdpi directory of the framework-res.apk
I already blacked out notify_panel_notification_icon_bg, i was thinking maybe it was panel_background but again not sure, would be awesome lol.. i've been looking for that image for some time now hahaa, glad you came across it!

**edit, oh your saying its an xml edit for the bg color? that would be why i never found it lol... i was thinking it was an image., but if you could hook that up that would be awesome. Ive been trying for the full blacked out look in the notification panel.

Right, it is an xml edit.

Its really strange with play store, music, and maps bc i changed every image for the icons but it still shows stock icons for all of them. That one really has me stumped

#54 wyld

wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Google+:rramos729@gmail.com
  • LocationPortage Indiana

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:19 PM

I'm considering taking out the red background for notifications. I'm kind of undecided on it. What do you guys think? Keep it or back to black. Here is a shot of it back to black so you can compare.

Pics of it red are in the OP.

Black!!! Lol

#55 DSGMach1

DSGMach1

Themer

• Superuser
  • 264 posts
  • LocationGriffin, GA

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:42 PM

Well looking like black it will be.

#56 DSGMach1

DSGMach1

Themer

• Superuser
  • 264 posts
  • LocationGriffin, GA

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:41 PM

**edit, oh your saying its an xml edit for the bg color? that would be why i never found it lol... i was thinking it was an image., but if you could hook that up that would be awesome. Ive been trying for the full blacked out look in the notification panel. :ph34r:

The xml to edit is SystemUI>res>values>drawable> <item type="drawable" name="status_bar_notification_row_background_color">#ffcd0000</item>
  • andlaw likes this

#57 stealthmouse

stealthmouse

Utility Pro

• Superuser
  • 244 posts
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/u/0/104359749772570760296
  • LocationSolana Beach, CA (i.e., San Diego)

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:16 PM

I don't want to know how long you spent on this. Every time I click through to another layer, I see that it's still themed, and cool spider icons throughout. Nice work, had no idea someone could take andlaw's dark sick look and make it red and even sicker.
If you PM me here, I'll get it eventually, but I'm constantly on the move. If you need to reach me more quickly, email me at stealthmouse@gmail.com and add DroidRZR PERSONAL MESSAGE to subject line. Thanks!

#58 stealthmouse

stealthmouse

Utility Pro

• Superuser
  • 244 posts
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/u/0/104359749772570760296
  • LocationSolana Beach, CA (i.e., San Diego)

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:14 AM

Definitely black.
If you PM me here, I'll get it eventually, but I'm constantly on the move. If you need to reach me more quickly, email me at stealthmouse@gmail.com and add DroidRZR PERSONAL MESSAGE to subject line. Thanks!

#59 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:10 AM

Right, it is an xml edit.

Its really strange with play store, music, and maps bc i changed every image for the icons but it still shows stock icons for all of them. That one really has me stumped

I'm pretty sure those apps use images from framework-res for some of the settings stuff.

#60 DSGMach1

DSGMach1

Themer

• Superuser
  • 264 posts
  • LocationGriffin, GA

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:25 AM

I'm pretty sure those apps use images from framework-res for some of the settings stuff.

Thanks. I'll take a look through it and see if I can find anything.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: theme, ics, razr, black widow, bw ftw, red, i❤DSGMach1 lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users