235 replies to this topic

#141 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,453 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:57 PM

My adapters haven't arrived yet, either, but, I do have my factory cable I got earlier this year. Battery smattery. :D

Non potest esse nisi unus

#142 obeygiant

obeygiant

Utility Pro

• Superuser
  • 79 posts
  • Twitter:obey22giant
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/109248393171126077439/about

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:01 PM

I have not fully tested this...... yet ..... I will however when my battery is charged up..... I don't have my connector from TBH yet so i can't risk killing my phone out here in the truck :-)

If it craps out on you, truck on through SC and we will get ya going!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

#143 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:01 PM

My adapters haven't arrived yet, either, but, I do have my factory cable I got earlier this year. Battery smattery. :D

mine might be at home now..... but I am not due home till the 12th......

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#144 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,453 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:03 PM

Well that's no fun. Not sure when I'll get mine. I just ordered them Friday. Don't think they were sent out til yesterday so it may be a while.

#145 obeygiant

obeygiant

Utility Pro

• Superuser
  • 79 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:29 PM

attempting to write code now...... :-) EDIT ..... here is the updated script ..... hope it works ...

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Didn't get much time to look at anything. Trying to get on the computer with a 5 month old drooling on my shoulder is difficult!

#146 obeygiant

obeygiant

Utility Pro

• Superuser
  • 79 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:30 PM

Well that's no fun. Not sure when I'll get mine. I just ordered them Friday. Don't think they were sent out til yesterday so it may be a while.

I almost overlooked mine. Plain white small envelope with a return address of TBH. The adapter was so small I almost never noticed it in the mail

#147 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,453 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:31 PM

Didn't get much time to look at anything. Trying to get on the computer with a 5 month old drooling on my shoulder is difficult!

I don't miss those days. Do you have about 5 minutes to take a quick look at my script for the House of Bionic that I made based on your work? I just need to know if the functions I wrote will work the way I wrote them. Half the script is your code so you can ignore that. The functions are what I'm interested in if it works. Also one of my testers said the script fails if the SDK is installed. At least for him.

#148 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,453 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:32 PM

I almost overlooked mine. Plain white small envelope with a return address of TBH. The adapter was so small I almost never noticed it in the mail

I can't wait to get mine. My cable is great but it stays on my desk so it doesn't get lost. The adapters go in the laptop bag. :)

#149 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:36 PM

been there.....:-)

jhf.png

#150 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:38 PM

I don't miss those days. Do you have about 5 minutes to take a quick look at my script for the House of Bionic that I made based on your work? I just need to know if the functions I wrote will work the way I wrote them. Half the script is your code so you can ignore that. The functions are what I'm interested in if it works. Also one of my testers said the script fails if the SDK is installed. At least for him.

post us a link....... I'll see if I can look at it tonight..... :-)

jhf.png

#151 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,453 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:40 PM

Thanks! I just need to know if the functions will get called right and work as I wrote them. The ask_root and root functions are my biggest concern.

#152 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:49 PM

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/10523127/HouseOfBionic.sh

Thanks! I just need to know if the functions will get called right and work as I wrote them. The ask_root and root functions are my biggest concern.

ok got it..... I'll look at it when I have a free minute tonight while I'm driving......:-)

jhf.png

#153 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,453 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:51 PM

ok got it..... I'll look at it when I have a free minute tonight while I'm driving......:-)

LOL! Thanks. :)

#154 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,453 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:15 AM

I need some help. Trying to execute root with the linux util and I get the following error:

I'm running on Ubuntu 64 bit. I was getting it in my own script so I took your util and tried to run it and got the same error. The file is DEFINITELY there so I don't know why I'm getting the no such file or directory error. Have you guys run into this before?

#155 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,453 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:28 AM

Fixed it.

sudo apt-get install ia32-libs

Didn't do that and needed to.

#156 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:12 AM

Fixed it.

sudo apt-get install ia32-libs

Didn't do that and needed to.

.... yes we have run into the same error..... and same solution :-) .... I didn't get a chance to look at it last night but it seems like you got a handle on it....:-)

jhf.png

#157 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,453 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:25 AM

.... yes we have run into the same error..... and same solution :-) .... I didn't get a chance to look at it last night but it seems like you got a handle on it....:-)

Yea, I had to do my homework. :) I've got a 64 bit Ubuntu VM running in VMWare WS 9 now. I can even flash from it so I can do my own testing finally. This will speed things up. I have more homework to do though. I have a list of things I need to accomplish in linux scripts in order to replicate all the functionality of the windows House of Bionic. It's not a small list though...

o) Extract specific files from zips
o) Discover files/folders in a directory based on a pattern
o) Read output of a program call into a variable (see sha1 and md5)
o) Handle blur zip filenames on an adb push (I have ('s in my filenames...need to escape them)
o) sha1 comparison
o) md5 comparison
o) Dynamic menu creation (based upon the directories I read in, I need to create a menu item for each one dynamically)

So, as you can see, I got some work cut out for me.

#158 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:32 AM

Yea, I had to do my homework. :) I've got a 64 bit Ubuntu VM running in VMWare WS 9 now. I can even flash from it so I can do my own testing finally. This will speed things up. I have more homework to do though. I have a list of things I need to accomplish in linux scripts in order to replicate all the functionality of the windows House of Bionic. It's not a small list though...

o) Extract specific files from zips
o) Discover files/folders in a directory based on a pattern
o) Read output of a program call into a variable (see sha1 and md5)
o) Handle blur zip filenames on an adb push (I have ('s in my filenames...need to escape them)
o) sha1 comparison
o) md5 comparison
o) Dynamic menu creation (based upon the directories I read in, I need to create a menu item for each one dynamically)

So, as you can see, I got some work cut out for me.

.... when I get a chance... I need to checkout 'house of bionic' :-) .... we all put our heads together we can come up with something :-)

jhf.png

#159 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,453 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:37 AM

.... when I get a chance... I need to checkout 'house of bionic' :-) .... we all put our heads together we can come up with something :-)

There's a House of Razr I wrote, as well. It's posted here in the forums. It's a powerful script that basically allows you to move from leak to leak fairly painlessly and without data loss. I automated the hell out of Matt's boot img creation so that if my script finds an update without a corresponding boot.img, it'll prompt you to create it for you. Then it adds the updates with boot.img files to the menu for you so you can select it for INSTALL, REINSTALL, REPAIR, or ROOT. It autodetects your FXZ for you, as well, and adds those options (KEEP DATA or FULL) to the menu. All of this is dynamic so you only have to replace things as you get newer leaks/FXZ's without having to change the code. It's taken me 3 months to get it this far. I'll definitely get the linux issues worked out. I'm not a linux newbie...just been a while so I'll have to do my homework. Once I have it working for the House of Bionic, I can release one for RAZR, as well.

#160 stealthmouse

stealthmouse

Utility Pro

• Superuser
  • 244 posts
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/u/0/104359749772570760296
  • LocationSolana Beach, CA (i.e., San Diego)

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:00 AM

There's a House of Razr I wrote, as well. It's posted here in the forums. It's a powerful script that basically allows you to move from leak to leak fairly painlessly and without data loss. I automated the hell out of Matt's boot img creation so that if my script finds an update without a corresponding boot.img, it'll prompt you to create it for you. Then it adds the updates with boot.img files to the menu for you so you can select it for INSTALL, REINSTALL, REPAIR, or ROOT. It autodetects your FXZ for you, as well, and adds those options (KEEP DATA or FULL) to the menu. All of this is dynamic so you only have to replace things as you get newer leaks/FXZ's without having to change the code. It's taken me 3 months to get it this far. I'll definitely get the linux issues worked out. I'm not a linux newbie...just been a while so I'll have to do my homework. Once I have it working for the House of Bionic, I can release one for RAZR, as well.

I use AppExtractor to pull from nandroid backups. You might want to pull the apk apart and look at the code because it performs a lot of the functions on your list, but especially the file comparisons and checks. I can post it for you in a bit. Not sure how open source it is, though.

I remember House of RAZR, looked at it a few weeks back. Sounds like it's similar to BootMenu/ProjectLense except yours is really "multi-boot" or I guess "single-boot with dynamic flashing," while BootMenu is really a dual booter. The thing I don't like so much about BootMenu is that it can break on a custom ROM and I don't get too psyched about fails at boot level, though they built two failsafes into it, similar to an unclocking script. So I like the fact that yours is at a script level that is independent of ROM. If I got that right...
If you PM me here, I'll get it eventually, but I'm constantly on the move. If you need to reach me more quickly, email me at stealthmouse@gmail.com and add DroidRZR PERSONAL MESSAGE to subject line. Thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: utility, mac, linux, 1.8, 1.81, ICS stock restore

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users