No replies to this topic

#1 pieareround

pieareround

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 05:35 AM

This is a problem that has been bothering me for a while. Quite frankly, it's pretty vexing. A few months ago, I decided to make my phone my default music player, so I loaded my library onto a new SD card and found a good music app. Before long, I noticed that the music would occasionally be interrupted by a sort of electronic buzzing sound. Note that, at this point, I was on a 4.2.2 AOSP based custom ROM. I thought it might be a problem with the app, so I tried a few others, with no improvement. Thought it might be the SD card, so I tried a couple others - no improvement. Upgraded to 4.3 when a good custom ROM became available - no improvement. I'm now running CM11 Snapshot M2 (4.4.2), and it still hasn't gotten any better on its own. I've done so many different Google searches and I've spent a lot of time just observing when it happens. I've even started to notice the occasional interruption in streaming audio, such as Pandora and Youtube. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with processor load or maybe i/o, as it tends to happen more while the audio app is in the background and I'm doing something else. For instance, loading a page in Chrome is a great way to make it happen. Anyway, it really gets on my nerves (and sometimes causes me to jump). Anyone have any better ideas as to what's causing it, and maybe what I could do about it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users