Photo

A Question On Creating A Theme (For Devs And Themers)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Aliceics

Aliceics

Graphic Designer | Themer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Twitter:alicerzr
  • Google+:littlemissalice1@gmail.com

Posted 04 August 2012 - 03:29 PM

So I've been wanting to create a theme lately, read up a lot of guides and spent the past few weeks familiarizing myself with ROMS and the necessary tools.

Now my question, signing. From what I understand, in theme-ing, I'm taking the editable .pngs out of a ROM, and putting them back in the same exact spot when I'm done playing with them. Do I have to sign the entire ROM again? Or the individual .apks I mess with, or what? I haven't found a guide that was clear on this.

Also, if I do have to sign them, can somebody please tell me how I use Winsign, I cannot for the life of me figure it out.

Thank you :D

#2 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2012 - 03:53 PM

You only have to sign downloaded or 3rd party apps. System apps do not need to be signed. And as long as you use 7zip to "open archive" on the ROM, you don't have to resign that either.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

Edited by spc_hicks09, 04 August 2012 - 03:54 PM.

#3 Aliceics

Aliceics

Graphic Designer | Themer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Twitter:alicerzr
  • Google+:littlemissalice1@gmail.com

Posted 04 August 2012 - 04:11 PM

You only have to sign downloaded or 3rd party apps. System apps do not need to be signed. And as long as you use 7zip to "open archive" on the ROM, you don't have to resign that either.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

Alrighty that answers my question :D

#4 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts
  • Twitter:@EmericanX
  • LocationPrince George, VA

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:22 AM

If you do not sign the system apps make sure to note that the user may end up with problems should they attempt to wipe data. Some may fail signature verification during the first boot which gets kicked out and not used.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#5 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:02 PM

I am not familiar with Winsign but if I may, I will share an app that I uncovered while trying to make my own flashable app packs (so I could skip TiBu and just flash my standard apps) I'll provide a link, its called Android Signer. I found it through XDA. It's idiot proof. You drop an APK or Zip into the box and hit sign. A signed APK or Zip pops out. It can't be any simpler.

My Dropbox link:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Good luck

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users