#1 mitchell1026

mitchell1026

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:20 PM

I am on a Droid Razr HD on 4.1.2 stuck on a locked bootloader. I cannot stand the Moto Blur stock lockscreen, and I have root. I was able to do enough sorting through the filesystem to make the phone fairly stock, but the one thing I couldn't switch was the lock screen. Finally got around to figuring out the whole framework-res.apk thing, so here's my solution to get an AOSP lockscreen. (There really isn't any other way)

There was some rom called 'Nexesque' which Droid Razr HD users can install with SafeStrap, but it has bugs up the wall and I actually think Moto's stock rom is fairly stable (and even better with some tweaks)

There are still some things I should fix, like if you change to a password-protected lock screen, you will have the Moto-blur lock screen again, depends on if there's demand for an update on this.

-Requirements-

-Must be running JB 4.1.2 stock and rooted
-Be happy
-#holoyolo

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

-Instructions-

I HIGHLY recommend backing up your framework-res.apk before starting the process and install busybox. Turn ON usb debugging, and install BusyBox to cover your rear end.

Push the framework-res.apk to your /system/framework/ preferably using adb or something of the sort so you don't run into permission errors/boot loops.

MAKE SURE PERMISSIONS ARE SET TO 644!

If you do run into a bootloop, your phone will still allow for an adb connection if you wait some time. (The boot logo will be there endlessly loading but you can still send commands as root)

If you don't know how to safely push the framework-res.apk, here's a - 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

- Screenshot -

OwuEheF.png

• Moonrakerone likes this

#2 oneillperson

oneillperson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr HD

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:28 PM

Thanks for the work - good to know how to do this. But AOSP doesn't support lockscreen widgets until 4.2, so this has no advantage over just using Widgetlocker...

#3 Playb3yond

Playb3yond

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 19 April 2014 - 01:23 PM

This did a factory reset on my Droid RAZR Maxx HD running 9.30.1

#4 Playb3yond

Playb3yond

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:17 AM

Well, it just signed me out of a few apps, or maybe I never signed into them. So confuses O.o But I really like your work, thanks a lot dude

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: AOSP Lockscreen, Droid Razr Hd, Motorola, Droid Razr Maxx HD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users