Photo

No deep sleep (changed a lot of roms and kernels)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 EjdiSixo

EjdiSixo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationZagreb
  • Current Device(s):XT909

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:34 AM

Hello , thank you all for answer. I will try to be as brief as possible. Please ask me anything if there's no enough information.

Motorola Razr M XT902 (Japan, softbank), I was using for quite some time one custom rom and it's kernel  (basically it's a stock rom but bare bones , everything cleaned and some minor tweaks) I liked the rom a lot, but I noticed long time ago that phone has a poor standby time while screen on time if continuously used is ok..

So I tested it and it turns out there is wakelock BUT not any kind of software etc, but Kernel wakelock of some sort. I tried some custom roms and also stock roms of XT907 and XT905. Everytime the same. No problems except that phone don't want to go into deep sleep at all. If left whole night , it has maybe 22 seconds of deep sleep total, and the procesor is mostly working at 340mhz..

Now strange thing I tried stock rom with kernel and as soon as I turn off screen it goes in deep sleep.

I tested one MIUI rom and also same thing..

Since using a stock rom is not an option for me ( a lot of reasons) , and I would also prefer using some of those roms I used before over MIUI because they didn't have any problems except that one, what are options here?

Did anyone else experienced any sort of deep sleep (more battery drain on standby than it should ) problems with these phones?

Thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users