#1 Titanium

Titanium

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:33 AM

Hey all,

My friend recently broke my RAZR HD, he dropped it and cracked the screen (The display, not the digitizer). He paid me for the cost of the insurance deductible ($100), which I was happy about, but I knew that the replacement RAZR HD I would get would more than likely have the totally locked down 9.30.1 firmware, and I can't live without my CM11. When I got the replacement, I immediately turned it on, checked the "about" section in settings, and it had 9.30.1. I didn't really know what to do at that point, but then I realized I could take the motherboard out of my broken phone, and swap the one in the new one for it. So, after about 30 minutes, I had successfully swapped motherboards without breaking anything. I'm pretty happy about it. And I'm typing this post from my new phone with the heart of the old. The cool thing is that the insurance company will receive a nice, stock, locked phone. I'm not sure if they get angry when they receive a phone with a hacked boot loader, but I'm sure they probably don't prefer it. Ironically, swapping motherboards was faster than having to restore all the apps and settings I have. So yeah, that's my story.
  • karthakon, buckeyestilidie, Memnoch73 and 1 other like this

#2 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:47 AM

Nice job!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users