#1 littlejonny

littlejonny

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:51 PM

Hello!

I am am a Droid firmware N00B (That was really hard for me to say..........I have contributed greatly to the Xbox hacking scene ;) *rant* )

I have a Razr HD (a kind gift from Motorola) and a Razr M (also a kind gift from Motorola)

I have chosen to keep my HD stock... but as the M was spare(ish) I don't mind having a bit of a play with customer firmwares.

I was using the razr M phone as a modem and media device with Pennytel until they put their price from $25 for 10gb to $100 for 10gb overnight!  And have switched now to Virgin Mobile, only to discover the APN setting auto-import lock "feature" after inserting the new sim!!!!!!!! OMG, Don't tell me what APN I can and can't use Virgin Mobile!!!!  Whats wrong with using a phone as a modem anyway????  ........Thus started my Droid Hacking Journey.

Android version: 4.1.2 stock ( 98.21.7.xt905.telstra.en.au or at least it was until tried to flash it ;) )

I have had a lot of trouble locating any tuts on the net for this phone and custom roms  (I am time poor, not a leech)... although I have discovered along the way, that some 907 stuff can sometimes work with unpredictable results.

• I have used motopocalypse to root and unlock

• After a lot of digging I found the following to at least load: twrp v2.5.0.0 for xt905 and cwm unofficial 6.0.3.2 for xt905

• Not sure if it was cwm or twrp (it think twrp), but used that to get carbon customer ROM on the device, but no radio

So now at this point, I have unlocked rooted razr xt905 running carbon with no radio.... and wanting very much to get it working on the virgin mobile broadband network......

Can anyone recommend where to go from here?

• adeel588 likes this

#2 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 22 February 2014 - 08:03 AM

Welcome, post over in the 907 area your issue. This is really for just saying hello :)

#3 littlejonny

littlejonny

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:53 AM

Welcome, post over in the 907 area your issue. This is really for just saying hello :)

Thanks for the welcome.  Consider it done.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Razr M xt905 Australian GSM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users