ShirleyK

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationPortland OR
  • Current Device(s):Razr M XT907

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:52 AM

I've been using my Razr M XT907 for one year and three weeks, so the warranty has expired. It's had issues off and on where the battery would not charge -- random events for no apparent reason and it would discharge at a rapid rate while plugged in -- and then later it would charge just fine like nothing weird happened.

But since Sunday night it turns off when I plug it in. The Motorola logo flashes like it's trying to reboot, then it shows the battery strength, then it audibly shuts off, then it starts over again. Somtimes it will charge while this is going on, sometimes it discharges. Happens with OEM cord and charger, whether it's plugged into the outlet, a PC, or the car. The only odd thing leading up to this was two mornings when the alarm did not ring, though it was set.

I have deleted the most recent apps, cleared the cache on all the apps, moved all the photos and videos to an SD card, deleted a bunch of apps to free more space, and removed the SD card. Makes no difference.

The Verizon tech reps I've talked to say the only thing left to try is a factory re-set. They think the cause is a glitch in the software controlling battery charging/discharging, and a re-set may solve it.

Has anyone else dealt with this problem? Did a re-set solve it? My six-year-old son will be heartbroken if we have to lose all the games and his levels, achievements, etc, especially in the Fish Live game. It is annoying and inconvenient to have the phone off while charging, but I could deal with it. I can't get a new device from Verizon for six months, and don't have room in the budget to pay for one. I'd be willing to do the re-set if I thought it would work.

Btw, this is my second XT-907. The first one was replaced at two months because one day it shut off to save power, as it's supposed to, but then wouldn't come back on. Weeks later a tech was trying to retrieve my pics and vids to transfer to the replacement, and the old one charged and booted up just fine.

Appreciate any help!

#2 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC
  • Current Device(s):XT907 BlissPop v3.1

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:51 PM

I've been using my Razr M XT907 for one year and three weeks, so the warranty has expired. It's had issues off and on where the battery would not charge -- random events for no apparent reason and it would discharge at a rapid rate while plugged in -- and then later it would charge just fine like nothing weird happened.

But since Sunday night it turns off when I plug it in. The Motorola logo flashes like it's trying to reboot, then it shows the battery strength, then it audibly shuts off, then it starts over again. Somtimes it will charge while this is going on, sometimes it discharges. Happens with OEM cord and charger, whether it's plugged into the outlet, a PC, or the car. The only odd thing leading up to this was two mornings when the alarm did not ring, though it was set.

I have deleted the most recent apps, cleared the cache on all the apps, moved all the photos and videos to an SD card, deleted a bunch of apps to free more space, and removed the SD card. Makes no difference.

The Verizon tech reps I've talked to say the only thing left to try is a factory re-set. They think the cause is a glitch in the software controlling battery charging/discharging, and a re-set may solve it.

Has anyone else dealt with this problem? Did a re-set solve it? My six-year-old son will be heartbroken if we have to lose all the games and his levels, achievements, etc, especially in the Fish Live game. It is annoying and inconvenient to have the phone off while charging, but I could deal with it. I can't get a new device from Verizon for six months, and don't have room in the budget to pay for one. I'd be willing to do the re-set if I thought it would work.

Btw, this is my second XT-907. The first one was replaced at two months because one day it shut off to save power, as it's supposed to, but then wouldn't come back on. Weeks later a tech was trying to retrieve my pics and vids to transfer to the replacement, and the old one charged and booted up just fine.

Appreciate any help!

Are you rooted? If so use titanium backup to backup eveything you need backed up, do a master reset then restore apps with titanium backup. I personally have not had this problem with charging.

Like My Work? Send me a donation (Google Wallet)

send to: nprevette420@gmail.com
Need Help? Send me a message

#3 ShirleyK

ShirleyK

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationPortland OR

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:15 PM

Are you rooted? If so use titanium backup to backup eveything you need backed up, do a master reset then restore apps with titanium backup. I personally have not had this problem with charging.

I was not rooted, and this was a new concept to me. I think I found the info I need to carry it out. Thank you!

The only problem now is that the phone discharged while it was plugged in Sunday, and is now completely unresponsive. It did this before while still under warranty, and Verizon sent me a new phone. By the time I was ready to send back the first one, it charged up just fine. I'm beginning to really hate this model.

#4 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC
  • Current Device(s):XT907 BlissPop v3.1

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:05 PM

I was not rooted, and this was a new concept to me. I think I found the info I need to carry it out. Thank you!

The only problem now is that the phone discharged while it was plugged in Sunday, and is now completely unresponsive. It did this before while still under warranty, and Verizon sent me a new phone. By the time I was ready to send back the first one, it charged up just fine. I'm beginning to really hate this model.

I am glad you found something that may work but sorry to hear it's giving you such problems. I have had mine for a year and a half now and have never had that problem. I did have a major battery drain but ended up being an app i installed (it is now uninstalled). I hope you get it fixed, let me know how things work out for you cause when its working right this is a great phone.

Like My Work? Send me a donation (Google Wallet)

send to: nprevette420@gmail.com
Need Help? Send me a message

#5 ShirleyK

ShirleyK

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationPortland OR

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:49 PM

The phone finally charged so I could try rooting. Now the PC does not recognize the phone. I get the "USB device has malfunctioned, please replace it" error message, so I have been unable to download the rooting software.

In discussing it with someone else, they suggested this development indicates the problem -- including the charging or not charging -- may be with the phone's USB port rather than software controlling the battery.

I am so frustrated.

#6 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:39 AM

Having charging/discharging issues on a stock non modified device would easily indicate hardware issue. The fact that the PC has issues with the USB connection is another clue. Not just that it has a driver issue but a hardware concern kicking it out.

Sent From My DEV X

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#7 altspeed

altspeed

Director of National Stupidity

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • Twitter:@Pat_Droid
  • Google+:+Patrick Robinson
  • LocationDallas Texas
  • Current Device(s):RIP 8 & 16 GB Bionics, XT912 RAZR Maxx, XT907 RAZR M Current XT 1060 Motomaker Future Nexus 6

Posted 09 March 2014 - 06:12 PM

It's the damn cable dude. One of my original bionic cables (2.5 yrs old) does the same thing to my unlocked rooted xt907. With every other moto cable I own it's fine. You don't have another genuine moto cable do you? Also usually painfully slow and ineffective to charge from a PC port. Use a genuine moto or Siemens wall adapter ( which just made me realize I haven't seen my Siemens in a while) Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

"We are the People Verizon warned you about"

8 GB Bionic JB, 16 GB Bionic JB, Bionic Lapdock X2, Razr Maxx XT912 JB, Razr M XT907 JBLX

#8 altspeed

altspeed

Director of National Stupidity

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • Twitter:@Pat_Droid
  • Google+:+Patrick Robinson
  • LocationDallas Texas
  • Current Device(s):RIP 8 & 16 GB Bionics, XT912 RAZR Maxx, XT907 RAZR M Current XT 1060 Motomaker Future Nexus 6

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:22 PM

I thought mine was toast until I switched cables, can't flash with that cable anymore either.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

"We are the People Verizon warned you about"

8 GB Bionic JB, 16 GB Bionic JB, Bionic Lapdock X2, Razr Maxx XT912 JB, Razr M XT907 JBLX

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users