• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:18 PM

Rom is created by sonofskywalker3 from rombot.org, I am copying it over to save it from destruction.

Introducing Blackhole Bionic.

<disclaimer>
I cannot guarantee any success on your phone, and any loss of time, money, happiness, life, etc. that happens as a result of flashing this ROM is your own responsibility. I recommend you use Safestrap, but it will work with Bootstrap as well. Always have an FXZ ready in case something goes wrong. If you are on .235 or .238 I HIGHLY RECOMMEND AGAINST FLASHING THIS OR ANY ROM WITH BOOTSTRAP as there is no way to FXZ to a working build.
</disclaimer>

Some of you may remember me from the Samsung Fascinate or HTC Thunderbolt. I made a ROM called Blackhole, because there was nothing like it, but I wanted there to be. Something with choices. I wanted a ROM that was exactly what I wanted, and nothing that I didn't. No toolboxes, no bloatware, no apps that I'd never use just because the creator wanted to add them. What I created was a stock based ROM that was as empty as I could possibly make it without everything falling apart. And on the Bionic that philosopy has served me well again, as I've created the first Blur Based ROM that is flashable in Safestrap.

This ROM contains none of the usual apps you'd expect to see in a full release. It has been trimmed down to the bare minimum. Why should you keep the stock browser if you only use Chrome? Who needs the MotoEmail if you prefer K9? And why would you want Blockbuster saved on your system partition where you can never get rid of it, when it can be downloaded from the market so easily? The answer? You don't!

Most of the missing apps are downloadable from the market. This saves them on the /data partition where you have plenty of space, not limited by Safestrap.

This is the first public release of Blackhole for the Bionic, and I will be working over time to continue to slim it down and make more options available. Here is a list of what's in the current build. If I've used any of your work without credit I apologize, please let know and I'll credit you, or remove it if you have a problem.

Stock apps: Calendar, Contacts, Phone, Play Store, Search, Settings, Smart Actions*, Talk, Text Messaging
Market apps: Camera ICS*, Nova Launcher*
CM9/AOSP apps: Clock*, Gallery*, File Manager*
Mods: Build.prop edits, governers, and beats audio from RedHead by Sparkyman 216 (A fantastic ROM if you want a full featured, Flash-and-go setup) and 1% battery mod by Dluke (works on stock based .232 .235 or .238 ROMs)
(* indicates a future release will make this file an optional addon with the choice of Stock, CM9/AOSP, or Market apps (free only)

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Recommendations for replacing removed apps:
Browser: Chrome, Dolphin HD, Firefox
Email: K-9 Mail
Voicemail: Google Voice

I will be adding extra files daily to flash some of the stock apps back to the phone if you prefer them. these include Email, Desk/Car dock launchers, Gallery, Camera, Visual Voicemail, and anything else the users request.

Instructions:

YOU MUST BE RUNNING AN ICS LEAK, .232 HAS BEEN TESTED AND IS RECOMMENDED.

Bootstrap:
1. Make sure you are running a version of bootstrap that will boot to recovery on every bootup.

2. MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP!
3. Data wipe should be unnecessary, but is recommended
4. Flash the downloaded ROM
5. Reboot
6. Install the bootstrap apk again.
7. Bootstrap recovery.
8*. Install a Root File Manager (Root Explorer, ES file manager, Astro, etc.)
9*. Delete /system/vendor/app (except for the swype apk if you use swype)
10*. Delete /preinstall/app
11. Enjoy

*Steps 8, 9 and 10 are not necessary, but will remove the extra bloatware I haven't figured out how to remove with my install script yet.

Safestrap:
1. MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP!
2. Switch to Safe Side
3. Wipe Data
4. Flash the downloaded ROM
5. Reboot
6. Enjoy

So without further words, here is Blackhole Bionic 1.0:

Add-ons:

If you are running Bootstrap you can flash any or all of the system versions of these files, and they will save to the /system partition and will be saved permanently into the ROM, and will remain after a data wipe. If you are running Safestrap your space is very limited, so you will not be able to flash everything to system. consider flashing some of these apps to /data instead, or using a market app. Some will not work if flashed to data, so there is no download option in the data section.

1% battery mod thread by Dluke:

System:

Data:

• T3T3droid likes this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#2 djr4x4

djr4x4

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Twitter:djr4x4

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:58 PM

If you would like to have power controls on this ROM..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users