Photo

[Rom][Bionic] *new* Speedlite 2.1 By Jp1044 (And Leviathan26)

• Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

#121 ewangw

ewangw

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationKing George, VA
  • Current Device(s):AT&T Galaxy S4 on T-Mobile

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:42 AM

Just installed this over .242 this morning using Bootstrap and everything seems cool so far. Foxfi isn't working, but haven't tried other wifi tether apps yet.

What thing happens once every minute

Twice every moment

But never once in a hundred thousand years.

#122 mtbrgeek

mtbrgeek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Twitter:mtbrgeek
  • LocationFor Twain, In Diana

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:16 AM

ewangw... make sure youre rooted.. ( sounds dumb since foxfi is root free) but i found a few times that i had lost root and when i rooted foxfi started working again.
HOBite running .247 .246

#123 basoodler

basoodler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:07 PM

Wouldn't he have to be rooted to have flashed the ROM or install safestrap?

#124 RetalX

RetalX

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Twitter:shayne6717

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:16 PM

Super smooth ROM for sure and the battery life looked good however after reinstalling my apps I rebooted and the phone got stuck at the Cyanogenmod boot animation. I installed it with bootstrap and made sure I wiped data and cache; anyway I will try it again maybe using safestrap this time, after I get back to 905 and then an ICS leak,

#125 milski65

milski65

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Twitter:milski65

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:38 PM

Super smooth ROM for sure and the battery life looked good however after reinstalling my apps I rebooted and the phone got stuck at the Cyanogenmod boot animation. I installed it with bootstrap and made sure I wiped data and cache; anyway I will try it again maybe using safestrap this time, after I get back to 905 and then an ICS leak,

You should have been able to pull the battery and gotten back in to cwm.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

#126 SlimMan

SlimMan

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:24 PM

Thanks for the ROM but...

The MMS doesn't want to send, even after changing the data settings.

Slim!

When you get what DROID does, then there is no limit to what you get! Current Phone : Bionic Running: Skyl1N3 Slim!

#127 FarmerKaine

FarmerKaine

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:35 PM

Thanks for the ROM but...

The MMS doesn't want to send, even after changing the data settings.

Slim!

I, too, have some issues with it. I formatted system, wiped cache and dalvik, and then flashed the ROM. Upon first boot, i had 3g (my service area is strong 4g). I did the setup, and booted again. I couldn't get data to come up at all. I tried two more boots, and several times cycling the data connection. Nothing. I decided it was a bad flash. I redownloaded the ROM, flashed again after wiping everything. Same result. 3g till first boot, nothing after.

I use safe strap 2.11. After the second attempt, i wiped again and put redhead back. 4g full bars from the start. I don't know what i could be doing wrong. I'm not a fan of cm anyways, so I'm really looking forward to the aokp one on Monday or so.

Maybe I'll try again later, but since I'm addicted to arcane empire right now, i can't crack flash much right now. :)

Thanks for the update. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

#128 k.c.cole

k.c.cole

Droid Ninja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Twitter:kcalebcole
  • LocationColorado
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid RAZR M

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:49 PM

So far on all versions of speedlite Google now does not function properly.

I really like it for voice testing and search. Any thoughts on fixing it?

From my N7 w/ CM10 & Motley kernel @1.6Ghz

#129 milski65

milski65

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:28 PM

All texting, Google now and 4g fine on my end. Just the wifi tether not working. BS BP-Tools version.

#130 grizzy

grizzy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:30 PM

I, too, have some issues with it. I formatted system, wiped cache and dalvik, and then flashed the ROM. Upon first boot, i had 3g (my service area is strong 4g). I did the setup, and booted again. I couldn't get data to come up at all. I tried two more boots, and several times cycling the data connection. Nothing. I decided it was a bad flash. I redownloaded the ROM, flashed again after wiping everything. Same result. 3g till first boot, nothing after.

I use safe strap 2.11. After the second attempt, i wiped again and put redhead back. 4g full bars from the start. I don't know what i could be doing wrong. I'm not a fan of cm anyways, so I'm really looking forward to the aokp one on Monday or so.

Maybe I'll try again later, but since I'm addicted to arcane empire right now, i can't crack flash much right now. :)

Thanks for the update. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

What leak are you on? I tried this on 238 and 242 and have absolutely no problems with data. I used ss 2.11. did a complete wipe and had 4g on boot. When i start my phone I just leave it alone for about 30 seconds-1 minute while it cycles from "r" and no bars to full bars and 4g. No need for data toggle or anything.

#131 grizzy

grizzy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:31 PM

So far on all versions of speedlite Google now does not function properly.

I really like it for voice testing and search. Any thoughts on fixing it?

From my N7 w/ CM10 & Motley kernel @1.6Ghz

What do you mean by not functioning properly?

#132 basoodler

basoodler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 03:10 PM

Don't complain like you have paid for the ROM.. the man does this in his free time, and does this to benefit you guys, and nothing else..

#133 jp1044

jp1044

DEVELOPER

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • Twitter:@jp1044
  • Google+:jp1044@gmail.com
  • LocationColorado
  • Current Device(s):MOTO X Developer Edition, Droid RAZR HD (backup)

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:18 PM

I am sorry to see that you guys are having issues. I don't live in a 4G area so that problem may be hard for me to reproduce. Are you guys toggling GSM only and LTE/CDMA/EvDo/GSM/WCDMA to get data up? I haven't had to do this many times but you may have to in a 4G area. The MMS one I can look into and try to reproduce tonight. As far as Wifi Tether, what profiles are you using and what errors is it giving you? I have been out all day so sorry for the late reply.

If you feel the urge to donate to me, you can do so here -> Donate

#134 k.c.cole

k.c.cole

Droid Ninja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Twitter:kcalebcole
  • LocationColorado
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid RAZR M

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:38 PM

Don't complain like you have paid for the ROM.. the man does this in his free time, and does this to benefit you guys, and nothing else..

its not a complaint. It just is. When I launch Google Now it works fine as long as I text search. None of the voice activation works for me (although it did work with Liquid Blur) the red mic pops up, it even captures voice but it never stops and does anything. It just stays on the red mic indefinitely.

I am sorry to see that you guys are having issues. I don't live in a 4G area so that problem may be hard for me to reproduce. Are you guys toggling GSM only and LTE/CDMA/EvDo/GSM/WCDMA to get data up? I haven't had to do this many times but you may have to in a 4G area. The MMS one I can look into and try to reproduce tonight. As far as Wifi Tether, what profiles are you using and what errors is it giving you? I have been out all day so sorry for the late reply.

I have had no issues with 4g or MMS only Google Now.

#135 FarmerKaine

FarmerKaine

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:08 PM

What leak are you on? I tried this on 238 and 242 and have absolutely no problems with data. I used ss 2.11. did a complete wipe and had 4g on boot. When i start my phone I just leave it alone for about 30 seconds-1 minute while it cycles from "r" and no bars to full bars and 4g. No need for data toggle or anything.

I'm on .232, is it a good idea to jump above that? What are the advantages? Sorry for the n00b questions. I've only owned my bionic for two months. It was a replacement for my Charge. Therefore, I've never FXZ'd, and don't want to stick myself in a corner somehow. I'm a computer tech by trade, so I'm not scared to do anything to the phone, just don't feel like bricking anything.

#136 _matt

_matt

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:14 PM

First thanks for everything.

Wifi tether on bionic profile and razor neither works.

Bluetooth has issues, when activated phone audio doesnt work for calls, have to turn off to get working.

Other then that its great.!

#137 RetalX

RetalX

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Twitter:shayne6717

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:39 PM

Well I reflashed and haven't had an issue since, as a semi-noob it was probably a mistake on my end. The rom is super smooth and so far the battery life is great so far. On a side note has anyone managed to get the flashlight toggle to work? I tried a couple different apps but I can't get the toggle to let me enable it.
  • RetalX likes this

#138 milski65

milski65

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:42 PM

I just got tethering to work. Under profile I selected generic, backed out once, then scrolled down and enabled router fix. Rebooted and it works like a champ. People with issues may want to try this.

#139 ewangw

ewangw

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationKing George, VA
  • Current Device(s):AT&T Galaxy S4 on T-Mobile

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:42 PM

ewangw... make sure youre rooted.. ( sounds dumb since foxfi is root free) but i found a few times that i had lost root and when i rooted foxfi started working again.

First off, JP thanks for putting this ROM out there. It's a fine piece of work!

As for my WiFi Tether issue, I'm rooted so I'm sure that is not the problem. Foxfi runs through the process of running the hotspot and then shows that it fail to load. I will try another wifi program and see if I get better results.

ROM was loaded using Bootstrap BP Tools over .242 system.

After a running with the system today, I've noticed the following:
  • Data was running perfectly. Normally takes about a minute to cycle before it hits 4G, but have not had any data issues once its up.
  • Did have a few reboots today after overclocking to 1350 and some lesser values using Tweakerz OC. I'm using Pegasusq(Governor) and noop (scheduler)
  • When rebooting, the system loads up to CWM (since I'm using the BP Tools version, so this is normal behavior). After I select Reboot from the menu, it hangs on the red moto screen. Normally have to pull battery to get back to CWM and then wipe cache and Dalvik before it will load properly. This seems to be the process just about every time the phone reboots.
  • Had a couple of instances where I turned on my Bluetooth and the phone rebooted. Had to run through the process I listed in item 2 to get the system functioning.
  • Haven't had any problems sending text messages using the stock app
Once again, thanks for all the hard work!

What thing happens once every minute

Twice every moment

But never once in a hundred thousand years.

#140 mattgaitan

mattgaitan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Twitter:matthewgaitan

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:20 PM

I really enjoy this rom. Thank you for the latest update! I'm looking forward to flashing it! :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users