35 replies to this topic

#1 zeffrell

zeffrell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:02 AM

First thank you for your time

I have so far gone though the process of rooting the phone xt907 on Verizon network without any issues with the programs from this board.  I also verified that root access is granted and was able to install clockworks and so on.  I downloaded the Google store file and the cm daily file to my SD card as instructed.  Once I try to reboot into fast boot to flash the new cm daily file with 4.3 it give me the phone is locked error code and I am unable to proceed due to it.  I can get my phone to boot normal and all so that is good but would like to finish the process if possiable.  I found a you tube video that states this will do it but want to be certain before I try.  I feel that I am close but just need the extra push over the finish line .

Thank you again for your time and have a great day

#2 zeffrell

zeffrell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:06 AM

Will house of moto fix this issue for me?

#3 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:09 AM

Your issue sounds to me like you have a locked bootloader and are trying to do things that you cannot do.  With a locked bootloader, you cannot install a true custom recovery.  Your option would be SafeStrap. 

• johnthehillbilly likes this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#4 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:10 AM

First thing.... What system version are you on... (Look in "about phone")..... Second, you can't install a ROM etc via fastboot, you must have a custom recovery (or safestrap, for locked devices)..... :)
  • livinginkaos likes this

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#5 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:11 AM

The unlocking video you included refers to carrier unlocking - not bootloader - 2 totally different things !

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#6 zeffrell

zeffrell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:12 AM

OK what will the safestrap allow me to do please.  I have herd the term and seen a few videos but uncertain about it.

thank you

#7 zeffrell

zeffrell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:15 AM

ok sorry for the missing info

system version 98.18.94.xt907.verizon.en.us

model number

Droid RAzr M

Android version

I was hopign to install the nightly cm for this phone to clean it up and make it run better if doable

#8 zeffrell

zeffrell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:16 AM

so I can do this maybe if I can get safestrap installed?  Sorry yes i am noob lol

#9 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:17 AM

Safestrap is a substitute for a true custom recovery (for locked devices)... And yes, it will allow you to flash ROM(s) to your rooted device....:)
  • RikRong likes this

jhf.png

#10 zeffrell

zeffrell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:21 AM

Thank you for the help john  so if i am understanding this I should next work on getting safestap installed and go from there I have found instructions here at 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Is this correct please

#11 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:22 AM

ok sorry for the missing info

system version 98.18.94.xt907.verizon.en.us

model number
Droid RAzr M

Android version

I was hopign to install the nightly cm for this phone to clean it up and make it run better if doable

You can root that system version but you can't unlock the BL. You can use SafeStrap to install some ROMs but the current CM is not compatible with locked bootloaders or use with SafeStrap.

R. Long: Pixel 5

#12 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:24 AM

And yes ...... You should be able to follow that guide to install SS..:)

jhf.png

#13 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:26 AM

Thank you for the help john  so if i am understanding this I should next work on getting safestap installed and go from there I have found instructions here at 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Is this correct please

The root method posted in that thread is incorrect.  However, the SS part is accurate.  I prefer to go straight to Hash's blog and follow the instructions there.  Google "how to safestrap" and the first result should be a link to Hash's blog.

#14 zeffrell

zeffrell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:27 AM

Ahh bummer so basically Im stuck as is then shoot it looks cool and wanted to try it out. ok so what will Roms do for me then? Are they basically skins?

#15 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:31 AM

Ahh bummer so basically Im stuck as is then shoot it looks cool and wanted to try it out. ok so what will Roms do for me then? Are they basically skins?

They are more than skins.  Many ROMs are debloated and have tweaks that make them run better and save battery.  Also, many ROMs are deodexed, which also frees up a little bit of space.

#16 zeffrell

zeffrell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:53 AM

ok worth a try at least to see what happens lol thank you again for all the help.  Im trying to save battery and speed things up so this is defiantly worth a shot

#17 zeffrell

zeffrell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:26 PM

Crap installed and did a backup and when i rebooted the phone It will no longer boot into recovery or nomal boot if i choose recovery it goes and stays at a blank screen if i choose continue normal boot it starts and then just displays battery icon and charge level.  I still have to reboot the phone with the kys due to when it goes to reboot it comes up with lock and error message screen.  ok how bad is it?

#18 zeffrell

zeffrell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:40 PM

was able to get a good boot by first selecting factory then rebooting again to normal boot then selecting continue from new menu.  is this normal?  now just afraid to turn off phone

#19 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:02 PM

was able to get a good boot by first selecting factory then rebooting again to normal boot then selecting continue from new menu.  is this normal?  now just afraid to turn off phone

Oh, you had a bad flash, so your phone will boot into fastboot every time until you have a successful flash of anything.  The easiest thing, and most common, is to flash a boot logo.

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos

#20 zeffrell

zeffrell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:42 PM

cool was like ohh crap but seems to work now.  can i install any rom for the xt907 or do i need to look at like deadcalm that is for the 4.1.2 and so on?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users