- - - - -

ROMs not flashing

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Ovrlord_*

Guest_Ovrlord_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:35 AM

Hello, I am sort of new to all of this so if i'm missing something obvious, just let me know.

So I have the Razr M. It was given to me pre-rooted with Flying Jelly 1.1 as the current ROM.

I was looking to either update the Rom to the latest (3.0) or flash a new ROM. But when I flash, after booting and going past the safestrap screen, it stays black, no matter how long I wait. I have to force the phone to power off with power and vol- and then restore my backup.

This has happened with:

• Flying Jelly 2.0
  • Flying Jelly 3.0
  • Carbon JB 1.8 (the stable version) with GApps

I have safestrap 3.12. But when I go to recovery it says Safestrap Recovery v3.11(TWRP v2.2.2.1)

My process is:

• put the ROM at the root of the SD card
  • Backup
  • Wipe Cache, Wipe Dalvik, Factory Reset, Wipe System, Format Data
  • Install Rom from the location on the SD card

The install process goes smooth and there are never errors, but then when I reboot it goes to a blackscreen after safestrap. Ive waited an hour and there is never anything.

I thought it might have to do with having a locked bootloader but after unlocking it with motopocalypse, it does the same stuff,

Any Ideas?

Thank you in advance

#2 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:36 AM

First off, what system version are you on?  If you're on the latest 2 OTAs, you can't unlock your bootloader.  If your BL did indeed get unlocked, then get rid of SafeStrap.  Second off, where are you attempting to install the ROM?  You can't flash over the stock slot in SafeStrap, you need to create a ROM slot and flash there.  Also, as far as I know Carbon is not SS compatible and I can't remember if FJ is SS compatible.

• livinginkaos likes this

R. Long: Pixel 5

#3 Guest_Ovrlord_*

Guest_Ovrlord_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:08 PM

I'm not sure what version since I would have to reflash my stock backup to see. Unless you mean 4.1.1. I was indeed able to unlock the bootloader (status code 3) so i dont think thats the problem.

I'm installing on rom slot 1 and have deleted and remade it a few times.

After posting I thought about carbon not being SS compatible, but I know FJ is only SS compatible.

How would I go about removing Safestrap? And where would I look for the latest TWRP for XT907?

Thanks again

#4 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:31 PM

Yeah, you're right about FJ, I looked it up after I posted. Getting rid of SS is pretty easy. Just go into the SS app itself and choose the "uninstall recovery" option in there. After that, uninstall the app. As for TWRP, I took the latest one off of Batakang, but it seems that the hosting is down on that website. Mhous has his files on Google Drive right now, check this link:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

. For installing TWRP over the stock recovery, you'll need to fastboot it. I can't remember if MHous has a fastboot version or if his is only recovery flashable. There should be an .img running around on XDA.

R. Long: Pixel 5

#5 Guest_Ovrlord_*

Guest_Ovrlord_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:31 AM

I found out that I was trying to flash FJ for the Razr and not Razr M so it wouldn't work. I have the right one now and its working but if I go to Something else like carbon I'll use what you said and switch to TWRP. Thank you so much though

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users