Gps Problems? Try This

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:47 AM

OK after doing some research and testing on over 10 devices I have came up with this MOD , that has been working for me for 2 days now. This should work on most devices. We all no Samsungs GPS hardware is not the greatest. Some with the S3 have no issues some where in the same boat as me. For myself I could never get a lock in navigation, if I could it would take 10 min up to 30 . If I ever got a lock ,it dropped signal frequently or was inaccurate, so much that it was no of use. Now on maps it would eventually show my position but it would be off , for example, show me on the next street or on the other side of the highway. So If you find yourself in this situation feel free to give it a try.

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★
You need to be rooted to be able to grant R/W capabilities. To be safe , always make a nandroid backup and back up the original file you are replacing. My self or DroidRZR are not responsible for any malfunction to your device or anything else that may occur, while hacking your phone.
★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

1) Download new gps.conf file>>>

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

2) Replace it in /ect . Rename the original one from .conf to .bak. using a file explorer with R/W enabled , so yes you have to be rooted!

3) Download GPS toolbox

4) Reboot.

5) Enable standalone GPS and Google services NOT Verizon services.
6) Open GPS status select options/tools/reset . Then options/ tools/download

7) Reboot

8) Open GPS status and wait for lock . Mine took 5 min a friends took 3. Then open up navigation .

9) Profit

★★NOTES★★
Always enable standalone GPS and Google location services ,FIRST! Then open up GPS toolbox to get a lock. The first time you do this it might take up to 10 to 15 min based on your location. After getting a lock threw the app, then open up navigation and you should be good to go. After using this yesterday I'm locking on in under 5 sec with 9-15 sat locked on. If you have bit used your GPS in a while, open app and reset and download again , then reboot. Then wait for lock threw app and your back on track.

Hope this helps a few and I will be updating this when I finish implementing other things.

DirtyDroidX
  • mugsy77 and jw0914 like this

#2 Kebob

Kebob

Dev

• Developer
  • 246 posts
  • Google+:kebob.rzr@gmail.com
  • LocationWashington

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:23 PM

You think this would work on a razr?

#3 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:09 PM

You think this would work on a razr?

Shouldn't hurt. Looks to be a standard gps.conf for NA/USA and GPS Toolbox is likely just forcing an update from the agps servers.

#4 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:44 PM

Correct it can't hurt at all. From my tests it will only help not hurt.

#5 garywojdan81

garywojdan81

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Twitter:gwojdan_81

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:10 PM

Been using this:

. It's almost the same & it works perfectly.
Thanks for making it easier to implement because every time I've suggested it, its drawn a bunch of whining for its complexity.!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#6 jmp485

jmp485

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Twitter:jmp485

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:57 PM

For razr folks, I've been using clocksync and it has worked incredibly well. Found that the Verizon clock was 11 seconds off of the GPS clocks. Since installing this I've been getting locks in under 10 seconds. YMMV

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#7 jw0914

jw0914

All it takes for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationMadison
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 [XT1103]

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:33 PM

can you re-up the gps.conf file please? Your dropbox link no longer works, file is no longer there.

Thanks =]

#8 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:12 AM

can you re-up the gps.conf file please? Your dropbox link no longer works, file is no longer there.

Thanks =

Here you go.

#9 redls1

redls1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:13 PM

Hmm thought this phone would be better. One of the reasons I got rid of the Charge.

#10 jw0914

jw0914

All it takes for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationMadison
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 [XT1103]

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:22 AM

Here you go.

Thanks mate =]