Photo
- - - - -

Suggestions for Signal

signal strength aftermarket rom razr m xt907

Best Answer Memnoch73 , 20 March 2014 - 11:43 AM

99% of those signal problems are actually just the way the signal icon is displayed on AOSP roms. If you look in settings at the actual numeric reading you will find it is the same as stock roms.

So it's just a visual thing.

As for boosting signal, the only way is to call Verizon and tell them they need to build a 4G tower next to your house.  :p Lol... Jk jk.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dave2001

dave2001

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:14 AM

Hi everyone, fairly new to the forums, just got my Razr M and I love it so far! Guy I bought it from had managed to soft-brick it, but the boot-loader was unlocked, so I figured it was worth the effort to fix it. After a few days of effort (and plenty of help from these forums archives!) I'm running a rooted stock 4.1.2 Verizon 98.30.1 with TWRP recovery. I've had rooted phones before, but not one with an unlocked boot-loader.

I'd like to try some different ROMs for this cool little phone, but I've heard that many of them suffer from lower signal reception. Given that I have recently moved to a pretty remote area, and get poor reception in a lot of areas already, worse reception than stock would be a deal breaker.  For that matter, is there anything else I do improve my signal reception? Any kind of "tweak" applications or patches? I can take apart/reassemble and usually fix just about any piece of electronics I get my hands on, so if there's some kind of hardware modification that would improve my reception, I'm all ears!

Also just looking for suggestions on a good ROM to try out on the Razr M, especially if gets improved signal strenght-reception.

Thanks in advance for any input or advice! Awesome forums.

#2 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:43 AM   Best Answer

99% of those signal problems are actually just the way the signal icon is displayed on AOSP roms. If you look in settings at the actual numeric reading you will find it is the same as stock roms.

So it's just a visual thing.

As for boosting signal, the only way is to call Verizon and tell them they need to build a 4G tower next to your house.  :p Lol... Jk jk.

• livinginkaos, GTIM2L8 and RikRong like this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#3 dave2001

dave2001

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:16 AM

Yep, that's going to my first order of businsess... right after I get my internet provider (the only one available here) to install fiber-optic up the last half-mle of road to my house so I can get internet speeds better than my current piddly 2mb/s.  B)

Ah well, "C'est la vie" eh?

Thanks for the info about the mis-match between GUI and actual signal strength, it's easy to forget these days that EVERYTHING has so many layers of code between it and the actual hardware, that it's hard to be sure when you're looking at accurate reflections of hardware state.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: signal strength, aftermarket rom, razr m, xt907

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users