#21 nitroglycerine33

nitroglycerine33

Mr. Eclipse

• Developer
  • 224 posts
  • Twitter:nitroglycerin33
  • LocationIowa

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:16 PM

eh, what the hell. I might as well roll with this build.
  • mugsy77, mattlgroff, jtelander and 1 other like this
Posted Image
Donations are not expected but always greatly appreciated. Thank you for supporting Eclipse Rom!
Follow me on Twitter @nitroglycerin33

#22 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:39 PM

eh, what the hell. I might as well roll with this build.

yes i have tested installing the leak and using RSD Lite , 11 times now and I can assure everyone that this is safe i would never let anyone release anything that could jeopardize getting peeps off the upgrade path. I was going to add that last night but was up till the sun came up, and fell asleep at the PC lol. So all is well it was just a little bit of miscommunication. Thats all.

#23 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:56 PM

yes i have tested installing the leak and using RSD Lite , 11 times now and I can assure everyone that this is safe i would never let anyone release anything that could jeopardize getting peeps off the upgrade path. I was going to add that last night but was up till the sun came up, and fell asleep at the PC lol. So all is well it was just a little bit of miscommunication. Thats all.

In Dirty we trust lol. Great write up matt. I'll be giving this a try as well when i get the time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
  • mattlgroff and manny805 like this

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#24 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:58 PM

Any Questions or comments on the OP should be directed here.

View the Original post >>>>>>>>>

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#25 PillClinton

PillClinton

#FireGaryBettman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Twitter:530SharksFan
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:15 PM

Normally I don't rush into applying Cheesecake updates, especially now after the fiasco with the Bionics. But, based on the fact that webtop & the LTE radio are upgraded, & we're updated to 2.3.6, it seems to me like it would be worthwhile to install this update? What new bloat is added with this update?

Does anyone know if it is possible to go directly from .748 to .173 if everything is stock & all bloat is in tact? I have a backup of complete stock .748, and would rather start there than a fastboot all the way back to .744, if it's possible. Thanks so much, any info is much appreciated!

#26 ramlek

ramlek

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:02 PM

Normally I don't rush into applying Cheesecake updates, especially now after the fiasco with the Bionics. But, based on the fact that webtop & the LTE radio are upgraded, & we're updated to 2.3.6, it seems to me like it would be worthwhile to install this update? What new bloat is added with this update?

Does anyone know if it is possible to go directly from .748 to .173 if everything is stock & all bloat is in tact? I have a backup of complete stock .748, and would rather start there than a fastboot all the way back to .744, if it's possible. Thanks so much, any info is much appreciated!

According to the link in the OP, it is possible to go back to .744 from the leak.

#27 shizumie

shizumie

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Google+:shizumie@gmail.com
  • LocationHortens, Ga
  • Current Device(s):DNA

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:20 PM

Pillclinton. I restored a nano of stock 744 took ota 748 and then flashed, didnt have to fastboot. So i dont c why not if truly stock.

sliced by my Razr on Tapatalk

Posted Image

#28 DonDraper

DonDraper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationLexington, SC

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:42 PM

I'm waiting to hear about performance changes (good or bad), battery life changes, etc.

#29 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:51 PM

I'm waiting to hear about performance changes (good or bad), battery life changes, etc.

So far I've noticed data is more stable, 3G to 4G transition, is smoother. Faster response time. And battery seems to be as good if not better then before.
  • mattlgroff likes this

#30 Droid2drummer

Droid2drummer

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Twitter:@imanotemaker
  • Google+:robertclarkga@gmail.com
  • LocationWarner Robins GA

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:32 PM

So far I've noticed data is more stable, 3G to 4G transition, is smoother. Faster response time. And battery seems to be as good if not better then before.

Good to hear..The first ota ( official ) actually did bits of harm to all it was supposed to address ..In fact I was doing well enough prior. ..However this phone has remained stock longer than any other phone I've ever had. That says alot. Lol But I will finally be rooting and flashing by tomorrow as I'm already bored with the stock. Plus the performance has settled in to a slight lag. Yup its back to my flashahloic ways. WOOT fast boot is my new SBF buddy:)
Tapped via Motorola Droid Razr!
Peace!

#31 AsosaYoung

AsosaYoung

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Twitter:OGissimO
  • LocationLong Beach, Ca

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:39 PM

I'm wondering the same

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#32 MrFrankRazr

MrFrankRazr

Dedicated Supporter

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • Twitter:@MrFrankReyna
  • Google+:frankreyna
  • LocationSoCal, USA
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 on VZW

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:46 PM

I'm going full bore on....back to 744>748>173. Let's do this!

Moved on to the LG G2 on VZW and lovin it!

#33 Digital Cha0s

Digital Cha0s

Just an Experienced N00B here :D

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Twitter:@digitalcha0s
  • LocationB-Town
  • Current Device(s):Razr, Razr Maxx HD, Nexus 7 & MotoX

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:37 PM

so how is this working for everyone? sitll running radios good¿ still switching good? is battery life at good as when i bought the phone¿ just wondering?¿?
Posted Image

#34 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:57 PM

+1
Same experience here.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#35 Erp

Erp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:20 PM

I wanted to try using Zergrush Exploit after applying this update. It doesn't work, you must use OTA root-keeper or you will NOT have root after the upgrade.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Easy rooting toolkit (v2.0)
created by DooMLoRD
using exploit zergRush (Revolutionary Team)
Credits go to all those involved in making this possible!
[*] This script will:
(1) root ur device using latest zergRush exploit (10 Nov)
(2) install Busybox (1.18.4)
(3) install SU files (binary: 3.0.3 and apk: 3.0.6)
[*] Before u begin:
(1) make sure u have installed adb drivers for ur device
(2) enable "USB DEBUGGING"
from (Menu\Settings\Applications\Development)
(3) enable "UNKNOWN SOURCES"
from (Menu\Settings\Applications)
(4) [OPTIONAL] increase screen timeout to 10 minutes
(5) connect USB cable to PHONE and then connect to PC
(6) skip "PC Companion Software" prompt on device
CONFIRM ALL THE ABOVE THEN
Press any key to continue . . .
--- STARTING ----
--- WAITING FOR DEVICE
--- cleaning
rm failed for *, No such file or directory
--- pushing zergRush"
2046 KB/s (23056 bytes in 0.011s)
--- correcting permissions
--- executing zergRush

[**] Zerg rush - Android 2.2/2.3 local root
[**] © 2011 Revolutionary. All rights reserved.

[**] Parts of code from Gingerbreak, © 2010-2011 The Android Exploid Crew.

[+] Found a GingerBread ! 0x00019118
[*] Scooting ...
[*] Sending 149 zerglings ...
[*] Sending 189 zerglings ...
[-] Hellions with BLUE flames !
--- WAITING FOR DEVICE TO RECONNECT
if it gets stuck over here for a long time then try:
disconnect usb cable and reconnect it
toggle "USB DEBUGGING" (first disable it then enable it)
--- DEVICE FOUND
--- pushing busybox
2814 KB/s (1075144 bytes in 0.373s)
--- remounting /system
mount: permission denied (are you root?)
--- copying busybox to /system/xbin/
/system/xbin/busybox: cannot open for write: Read-only file system
--- correcting ownership
Unable to chmod /system/xbin/busybox: No such file or directory
Unable to chmod /system/xbin/busybox: No such file or directory
--- installing busybox
/system/xbin/busybox: not found
--- pushing SU binary
failed to copy 'files\su' to '/system/bin/su': Read-only file system
--- correcting ownership
Unable to chmod /system/bin/su: No such file or directory
Unable to chmod /system/bin/su: No such file or directory
--- correcting symlinks
rm failed for /system/xbin/su, Read-only file system
link failed Read-only file system
--- pushing Superuser app
failed to copy 'files\Superuser.apk' to '/system/app/./Superuser.apk': Read-only
file system
--- cleaning
--- rebooting
ALL DONE!!!
Press any key to continue . . .

#36 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:10 PM

Flashed this update as soon as it posted here last night (early this morning). Loving the new chnages but I don't really pay attention to battery stats and things like that so for me it is just about the actual UI and general performance. The biggest adavntage for me with this update is that motocast has been updated and the pics on your phone can upload directly to your PC. Set it to auto uplaod on wifi and after you take a pic, motocast will sync your new pics to your desktop as soon as you get on wifi.

#37 rnlcomp

rnlcomp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationS.E. Louisiana

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:33 PM

I wanted to try using Zergrush Exploit after applying this update. It doesn't work, you must use OTA root-keeper or you will NOT have root after the upgrade.

I concur with these findings, I installed the update while still rooted and it went thru with no issues other than it wasn't rooted after and the zerg root would not work.

Before I flashed back to stock using RSD I noticed some positive benefits, I'm in a strong 4G lte area and up/dwn load speeds increased not by much but enough to notice, interesting new emergency warning had a setting for presidential warnings and being exempt. Some of the bloat previously installed is no longer like Kindle and a couple other things, didn't write them down. I'm back on the 748 and am going to get OTA root keeper so I can hopefully get root back and then reapply the new update, oh and I have Go Weather and before when I had it on the window with the video background and clicked back to desktop it sorta flickered back but with the update it did not blink transition it just snapped back instantly as if all lag were gone, I also tested a couple games and they were smooth, netflix worked great, all in all I saw improvement even tho it was just a short time. All apps and settings remained intact thru out the entire process from update to flash back to stock and then to the OTA which went right thru. No information or settings were changed at all, I'm stoked!!!! :lol:

Ok well seems I was wrong about the Kindle thing as it's still there, the only way you can keep root is to get that OTA Rootkeeper from the market. Anyway I'm running the .173 and rooted. B)

The camera settings are now colorized and the panorama mode produces a much better pic.

#38 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:09 PM

Thanks to arcanexvi you can now downgrade to .748 without using RSD Lite 5.6 and fastboot files.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

#39 Erp

Erp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:13 PM

Thanks to arcanexvi you can now downgrade to .748 without using RSD Lite 5.6 and fastboot files.

Requires user/pass

#40 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:25 PM

Not anymore. Try again, my bad.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users