115 replies to this topic

#41 fishaholic

fishaholic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:23 PM

haven't had any issues yet (besides the know camera not working) that i can totally live with!! :)

FWIW: I tried 24v larger keyboard and it DOES NOT WORK! i had to re-install, but thats what happens when you try unknown junk and crackflash everything haha.

I would really like a larger keyboard if at all possible (my only real complaint with ICS in general)

but this rom is kick rear end!!! thank you so much, the lock screen customization is hands down my favorite thing... ill post my experiences with this rom after using for a full day tomorrow. I stream music over 8 hrs a day at work so well see how well data stays (or doesn't stay) i am very hopeful with this ROM more so then my previous first impressions on others ;)
  • tucstwo likes this

#42 DriveEuro

DriveEuro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:20 AM

Subscribed.

Waiting for the camera to work, then will move from Simplex to this! So excited.
This has no isssues with deep sleep, right?

#43 blaten22

blaten22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:37 AM

How much extra Ram if any does it use from loading the rom? Just curious of the memory requirements due to having the kernel swapping.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#44 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:26 AM

FWIW: I tried 24v larger keyboard and it DOES NOT WORK! i had to re-install, but thats what happens when you try unknown junk and crackflash everything haha.

Please post which one you used. There are cm9 and moto versions, perhaps you grabbed the wrong one?

tucstwo, great job. It is awesome to see more people putting together roms for our phones. :)
  • tucstwo likes this

#45 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:37 AM

Subscribed.

Waiting for the camera to work, then will move from Simplex to this! So excited.
This has no isssues with deep sleep, right?

Just incase, I added in the CPU sleeper app. You do need to activate it once to give it superuser perms, but once you do it automatically activates on boot.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#46 toprunner2786

toprunner2786

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:51 AM

How much extra Ram if any does it use from loading the rom? Just curious of the memory requirements due to having the kernel swapping.

I'm only showing 658MB of total memory. On first boot it looks like it is about 50% used...315-330MB in use. Would be great to have a work-around for the memory issue someday!

#47 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:16 AM

I'm only showing 658MB of total memory. On first boot it looks like it is about 50% used...315-330MB in use. Would be great to have a work-around for the memory issue someday!

lol, its called an unlocked bootloader. We're trying to make lemonade out of lemons here.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!

#48 aarnold0805

aarnold0805

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Twitter:aarnold3273
  • Google+:aarnold0805@gmail.com
  • LocationRiverton, WY.

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:30 AM

I just dowloaded the update, and it looks like it is the same as the original file from yesterday. Anyone else notice this?
Sent from my 209 KOA RAZR

#49 desireaftergod

desireaftergod

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • LocationNH
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Maxx

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:35 AM

I just dowloaded the update, and it looks like it is the same as the original file from yesterday. Anyone else notice this?

Just finished the download my self. It is the same file name. Has anyone experience their phone running on the hot side with this build? I was up to about a 110 degrees last night and I wasn't doing anything that would be processor intensive.
Posted Image

#50 Brad92

Brad92

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:25 AM

Just incase, I added in the CPU sleeper app. You do need to activate it once to give it superuser perms, but once you do it automatically activates on boot.

I've had the CPU Sleeper app activated, but I still haven't had any deep sleep.

Posted Image

Sent from my XT912

#51 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:35 AM

Just finished the download my self. It is the same file name. Has anyone experience their phone running on the hot side with this build? I was up to about a 110 degrees last night and I wasn't doing anything that would be processor intensive.

I apologize, the forum was acting funky with the link. It was actually showing the correct link but taking you to the old zip. It's fixed now with version 1.5. Try again. Apologies

#52 desireaftergod

desireaftergod

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • LocationNH

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:37 AM

Has anyone experience their phone running on the hot side with this build? I was up to about a 110 degrees last night and I wasn't doing anything that would be processor intensive.
Posted Image

#53 Brad92

Brad92

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:39 AM

No, mine has been running cool. Only issues are deep sleep and my data acts weird sometimes

#54 desireaftergod

desireaftergod

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • LocationNH

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:41 AM

No, mine has been running cool. Only issues are deep sleep and my data acts weird sometimes

How is battery for you?
Posted Image

#55 Brad92

Brad92

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:46 AM

How is battery for you?

Not nearly as good as the regular CM9, but the rom itself is much smoother overall

Sent from my XT912

#56 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:49 AM

Has anyone experience their phone running on the hot side with this build? I was up to about a 110 degrees last night and I wasn't doing anything that would be processor intensive.

Can't say I have. This is the last 24 hours for me. Peaked at 33C which is about 90F

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

134.32KB   29 downloads

#57 jcmeyer26

jcmeyer26

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:58 PM

I have had 2 shutdowns today since I loaded this.

#58 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:27 PM

I have had 2 shutdowns today since I loaded this.

Dont get me wrong, this Rom is Beta status AT BEST, and Kexec as a whole is in Alpha status so it's not gonna be like the last days of Gingerbread. There's gonna be some hiccups. If anyone remembers when we first got ICS on this phone WAY back in Feb/Mar, MONTHS before Moto even started leaking, everything new had issues. Development takes time. It's not over night.
  • lightsword likes this

#59 heliosai

heliosai

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:47 AM

Can't say I have. This is the last 24 hours for me. Peaked at 33C which is about 90F

134.32KB   29 downloads

I had it happen yesterday but then again I had been using it for about an hours straight so i just assumed it was due too a lot of use... But now that it has been mentioned, i would say sometimes it has been a bit hotter than Full Throttle.

#60 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:07 AM

Dont get me wrong, this Rom is Beta status AT BEST, and Kexec as a whole is in Alpha status so it's not gonna be like the last days of Gingerbread. There's gonna be some hiccups. If anyone remembers when we first got ICS on this phone WAY back in Feb/Mar, MONTHS before Moto even started leaking, everything new had issues. Development takes time. It's not over night.

CM10 is being called Alpha still, and it is being worked on directly. If any benefits shows up in the CM9 Kexec builds it is just coincidental overlap.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ICS, CM9, Kexec, Droid Razr, Razr Maxx

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users