Photo

Signaless - Just a little help searching for something not so popular, I guess...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bigmatt101

bigmatt101

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans
  • Current Device(s):xt912

Posted 29 March 2014 - 04:22 AM

First off, hello. I am a Droid user in the form of a nerd. I have been reading the site for a while, made an account back in November of last year to see some links and download ROM's for my Droid Razr Maxx (XT912) which was getting rather old till the new ROM's breathed new life into her - Currently running one of the Aviator ROM's, she's quick again. So now the dilemma 

I recently updated my phone to the HTC One M7 - Sweet ride, I like it. Now I have my Razr and no signal to it except on the WiFi. I've been doing some searching on this lovely Saturday morning, and can't seem to find a ROM that only supports WiFi. I'd like to have just a version of Android that doesn't have the greyed out signal bars where my Verizon 4G symbol used to be. Does this exist? Basically, I want to use it as a music player and game player for around the house, light traveling, etc. 

I know you are all pro's in this arena, and I thank you in advance. And, if one of these ROM's doesn't exist, maybe I'll even try my hand at building one. Bare Android with just the WiFi option. I know I'm not the only one looking for this. 

Have a wonderful weekend.

#2 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 29 March 2014 - 04:25 AM

Just turn off Mobile data in Settings and leave wifi on. There is no rom built for only wifi.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#3 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 29 March 2014 - 05:55 AM

Turn on Airplane mode and then activate your wifi.

#4 bigmatt101

bigmatt101

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans
  • Current Device(s):xt912

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:47 PM

Thanx guys. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users