#2 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:24 PM

You're not going to be able to unlock the BL on that system version. As for root, look up SafeRoot, that's the only method that will work on your system version.

R. Long: Pixel 5

#3 qss247

qss247

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:25 PM

You're not going to be able to unlock the BL on that system version.

how can i check if the bootloader is already locked or not ? and how can i get into chat it wont let me get in. please and thanks

#4 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:28 PM

I think there have been issues with chat lately.  You can boot into the AP Fastboot screen and it will tell you if you're locked or unlocked.  It will read like this if you are unlocked.  If you're not unlocked, it will say locked.

razr-hd-unlocked.jpg

#5 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:37 PM

Chat room is down and a return date is unknown.

Sent from my Unlocked Moto G

• RikRong likes this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#6 qss247

qss247

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:45 PM

how do i get into this screen. im sorry its been a very long time since i had a droid. completely off.

I think there have been issues with chat lately.  You can boot into the AP Fastboot screen and it will tell you if you're locked or unlocked.  It will read like this if you are unlocked.  If you're not unlocked, it will say locked.

razr-hd-unlocked.jpg

#7 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:53 PM

Power off. Hold the vol down and press and release the power while still holding the vol down

• qss247 likes this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#8 qss247

qss247

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:05 PM

thank you sir the device is locked, how can i root and what do i do about installing custom roms. dieing to use this phone sir. thank you and i really miss the chat as well :(

Power off. Hold the vol down and press and release the power while still holding the vol down

#9 qss247

qss247

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:07 PM

anybody help for gaining root and procedure to get custom roms on phone i will appreciate it thanks

#10 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:18 PM

anybody help for gaining root and procedure to get custom roms on phone i will appreciate it thanks

As previously mentioned, look up SafeRoot, then look up SafeStrap.  You're not going to have very many options for ROMs with SS, there aren't many out there for a locked BL.  

• qss247 likes this

#11 qss247

qss247

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:45 PM

As previously mentioned, look up SafeRoot, then look up SafeStrap.  You're not going to have very many options for ROMs with SS, there aren't many out there for a locked BL.  

thanks for your reply rik so is it really a final deal that there is no way to unlock the bootloader either hardware or software wise ? now i regret buying the phone cause i honestly wanted good battery life with cm 11. is it possible to get CM 11? or 12 ?

#12 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:17 PM

100% impossible right now.  You can get good batt life on your stock ROM.  Usually, it's better than any aftermarket ROM.  Right now, there is no CM11 that is compatible with SS.  

If I were you:  I would root it, install SafeStrap, make a backup with SS, remove/freeze bloat apps, install Xposed Framework, and then install Greenify so you can hibernate apps.  There are also many Xposed modules that can be used to tweak your stock ROM.  Just make sure you make a backup, before you start modding.  Search on XDA for the Xposed Framework installation app and the Xposed modules. 

• qss247 likes this

#13 qss247

qss247

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:38 AM

Just a other quick question to continue is it possible to get cyanogen while being on 4.1.2 on 9.30 xt926 on ss 3.12

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

#14 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:59 AM

Just a other quick question to continue is it possible to get cyanogen while being on 4.1.2 on 9.30 xt926 on ss 3.12

There was a version of CM10 running around that worked on SS, but it's hard to find.  The current CM won't work on CM.

#15 qss247

qss247

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:03 AM

Thank you sir when do we expect 4.4 and how do we preserve root and will bootlaoder unlock be available for kitkat update

#16 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:57 AM

Thank you sir when do we expect 4.4 and how do we preserve root and will bootlaoder unlock be available for kitkat update

There was info floating around today from G+ about a possible soak being readied for HD/M but take that with a grain of salt.

Do not install the update until those with higher knowledge figure the best way to preserve root

There will never be another BL unlock. Sorry..

• qss247 likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#17 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 01 May 2014 - 12:06 PM

It was posted by a Goog that it is in the hands of VZW labs atm, so it could be soon, or it could be Sept.  EOL is not until October, so who knows.  They aren't likely to do any other updates beyond this so if they held out a bit longer they'd get by without having to fix any problems that might arise.

• qss247 likes this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos

#18 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 01 May 2014 - 12:29 PM

qss247, on 01 May 2014 - 2:03 PM, said:

There was info floating around today from G+ about a possible soak being readied for HD/M but take that with a grain of salt.

Do not install the update until those with higher knowledge figure the best way to preserve root

There will never be another BL unlock. Sorry..

We cannot stress this enough. DON'T TAKE THE UPDATE until devs get hold of it. If you want to see how hard it is to root KK, take a peak at the S5 and Moto X forums on XDA. If you update, there might be a chance you'll never see root again.
  • Memnoch73 and qss247 like this

#19 qss247

qss247

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 02:19 PM

I appreciate your replies and warnings and guidance in regards to this much thankful for being on such a great forum

• RikRong and shane1 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users