megahertz1970

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Google+:markw4itg@gmail.com
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:29 PM

So when is Moto going to come out with a flagship quad core phone? Anyone hear anything?

#2 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:44 PM

I would assume the Moto X refresh will have one. Late summer-ish

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#3 megahertz1970

megahertz1970

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:57 PM

I was wondering the same thing about the Moto X.

I have a Note 3 now. It has some strong point and some week point. I love the big screen and the blazing speed of the quad core processor and 3 GB of RAM. But the GPS sucks and has a hard time getting a lock and keeping it, the phone part is giving me a lot of trouble also. I am really regretting getting this phone.

I had to use my HD MAXX for a week while waiting for a replacement device. It wound up not being the phone and wound up being the SIM card because I put the Note 3 SIM card in the MAXX & I was getting the same problem with receiving phone calls. So I sent the replacement device back and kept my original. But once again I'm having the same phone problems. So now I don't know what to do.

Getting back to the MAXX. I kinda missed it actually. It's nice having the unlocked bootloader and doing and tinkering with what I want at will but the screen is too small and the speed of the device is slow compared to the Note 3. Development is down on it too at least looking at it here on dr.com. This is why I was wondering if Moto was planning on a quad core device. Of course even if they do it's going to be locked down tighter than a drum on VZW so I'm torn.

I am seriously considering getting rid of the Note 3 and getting an HTC One M8 but not really sure what to do. Either way this will be the last Samsung device I buy for sure.

Any suggestions?

#4 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:06 AM

Yeah any moto phone will be locked tight. Going forward most phones will be like that. The M8 looks like a sweet phone. I have the DNA and have had it for 1.5 yrs. Longest I have ever kept a phone. Still a decent amount of Dev work for it. Just flashed the latest software from the M8 to my DNA. The Devs had it ready and released it the same day the M8 came out...

• megahertz1970 likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#5 megahertz1970

megahertz1970

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:21 PM

Yeah any moto phone will be locked tight. Going forward most phones will be like that. The M8 looks like a sweet phone. I have the DNA and have had it for 1.5 yrs. Longest I have ever kept a phone. Still a decent amount of Dev work for it. Just flashed the latest software from the M8 to my DNA. The Devs had it ready and released it the same day the M8 came out...

That is totally awesome. From what I hear the devs are working hard to crack the M8. I may very well wind up with one this weekend. We'll see.1

• Memnoch73 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users