130 replies to this topic

#61 JaeKar99

JaeKar99

• Superuser
  • 222 posts
  • Twitter:JaeKar99
  • LocationTwin Falls

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

Yea, just the leaked JB OTA. I flashed frac droid, but it failed.. I have busybox full rooted.. Hrmmm.

I would guess the kernel and ROM are not set up for a custom bootanimation.zip file..

Sent from the 8th dimension using quantum entanglement.

Posted Image

This IS my stress relief.

If you are feeling extra generous - I like coffee.

#62 portscan

portscan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Twitter:@JasonCollins23
  • LocationClarksville, TN
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S4- Stock Rooted on 4.3/Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1- Redemption Rom v6.1

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

Was that something they changed in that build, and something you can possibly figure a way around? I can't live without one of your animations firing off on my set!
Posted Image

#63 JaeKar99

JaeKar99

• Superuser
  • 222 posts
  • LocationTwin Falls

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

Was that something they changed in that build, and something you can possibly figure a way around? I can't live without one of your animations firing off on my set!

If you link me to the ROM I can tease it apart to see if it anything I may be able to address..

Posted Image

#64 portscan

portscan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S4- Stock Rooted on 4.3/Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1- Redemption Rom v6.1

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

There it is in my dropbox, or it's on here in the JB one Matt started.
Posted Image

#65 JaeKar99

JaeKar99

• Superuser
  • 222 posts
  • LocationTwin Falls

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:57 PM

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gtobikne8foq8f0/Blur_Version.6.16.211.XT912.Verizon.en.US%20%2898.72.8%20Jellybean.zip

There it is in my dropbox, or it's on here in the JB one Matt started.

Cool.. I will dig into it in the am..

Posted Image

#66 portscan

portscan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

Cool.. I will dig into it in the am..

Alright.
Posted Image

#67 JaeKar99

JaeKar99

• Superuser
  • 222 posts
  • LocationTwin Falls

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:14 AM

Alright.

I cannot find a boot animation in that file at all.. Does it have anything other than a boot logo and the base "Android" boot sequence?

It appears to be a very stripped down leak. Does not have all the features of a full ROM.

After a conversation with another boot builder it appears that the JB leak does NOT support custom boot animations at this time.

Posted Image

#68 portscan

portscan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

Wow. Really? Wonder why they would do that? I can find the stock one with a root file explorer, but using the rename method and adding a new one doesn't work and flashing yours fails too. That is the leaked ota. It has the m logo as boot image and Droid eye with standard sound as boot animation.
Posted Image

#69 JaeKar99

JaeKar99

• Superuser
  • 222 posts
  • LocationTwin Falls

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

Wow. Really? Wonder why they would do that? I can find the stock one with a root file explorer, but using the rename method and adding a new one doesn't work and flashing yours fails too. That is the leaked ota. It has the m logo as boot image and Droid eye with standard sound as boot animation.

I'm not sure why that is either. I will continue to chase what file it is installing from because in the leak the system/media the folder contains only an audio sub folder. I will start to tear down the installer to see I'd I can find a file reference in the code.

Posted Image

#70 portscan

portscan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

What kind of decompiler are you using? You did say some reported that they flashed yours with JB? Were they on the unofficial OTA like I am or a JB based rom?
Posted Image

#71 JaeKar99

JaeKar99

• Superuser
  • 222 posts
  • LocationTwin Falls

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

What kind of decompiler are you using? You did say some reported that they flashed yours with JB? Were they on the unofficial OTA like I am or a JB based rom?

Tripplecore, and Fuzion ROMs are using a custom boots I had made for them. I am not certain if the ROMs are based on the OTA...

I pull the zips apart with 7zip and Notepad++.. not a true recompile, more of a rough dissection.

Posted Image

#72 portscan

portscan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

All I ever see is garble when I try to peel a rom apart with notepad ++ lol
Posted Image

#73 portscan

portscan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

Hey, check out patch > system > bin bootanimation.p and mot_boot_mode.p

Anything you can see with this?
Posted Image

#74 JaeKar99

JaeKar99

• Superuser
  • 222 posts
  • LocationTwin Falls

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

Hey, check out patch > system > bin bootanimation.p and mot_boot_mode.p

Anything you can see with this?

Hmm, could be something. Mobile till the morning will be on it then.. ;-)

Posted Image

#75 portscan

portscan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

Don't mean to bother you lol, but I did notice this looking in the system/bin folder with ES file explorer on my Maxx. There is a bootanimation file in there and it looks to be written to show another boot animation (the shiny android logo) if the stock one is replaced using the rename in system/media. Check out the Highlighted red. Seems if this file can be edited, couldn't we trick it to let us use what we want? However, I do see the word "encrypted" in there.

debug.sf.nobootanimation 0 BootAnimation boot animation disabled persist.debug.android.bootanim false true -poweroff SurfaceFlinger died, exiting... linkToComposerDeath failed (%s) persist.sys.bootupvolume 1 /data/pwrsnd/silentreboot [get_silentreboot] silentreboot=%d cnt=%d
[KPIBootAnim] Time taken for initialization and to draw the first frame: %d
[KPIBootAnim] partNum:%d partCount:%d loopCount:%d fps:%d frameDuration:%d
frameNum:%4d timeTaken:%4d milliseconds
service.bootanim.exit images/android-logo-mask.png images/android-logo-shine.png vold.decrypt trigger_restart_min_framework /data/local/poweroffanimation.zip /system/media/poweroffanimation.zip /system/media/bootanimation-encrypted.zip /data/local/bootanimation.zip /system/media/bootanimation.zip .mp4 movie file %s is stored compressed in the zip archive and will not be played MediaPlayer failed to load movie %s, error %i MediaPlayer failed to start movie %s, error %i bootanim.pixel.format.32bit BootAnimation::getMediaPlayer stream volume error /system/media/ Failed to load sound %s desc.txt descMap is null %d %d %d %c %d %d %s s %s $0  #0  "0  %0 80 Ɂ°°«„ R²°¯€É
Posted Image

#76 JaeKar99

JaeKar99

• Superuser
  • 222 posts
  • LocationTwin Falls

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:04 AM

Don't mean to bother you lol, but I did notice this looking in the system/bin folder with ES file explorer on my Maxx. There is a bootanimation file in there and it looks to be written to show another boot animation (the shiny android logo) if the stock one is replaced using the rename in system/media. Check out the Highlighted red. Seems if this file can be edited, couldn't we trick it to let us use what we want? However, I do see the word "encrypted" in there.

debug.sf.nobootanimation 0 BootAnimation boot animation disabled persist.debug.android.bootanim false true -poweroff SurfaceFlinger died, exiting... linkToComposerDeath failed (%s) persist.sys.bootupvolume 1 /data/pwrsnd/silentreboot [get_silentreboot] silentreboot=%d cnt=%d
[KPIBootAnim] Time taken for initialization and to draw the first frame: %d
[KPIBootAnim] partNum:%d partCount:%d loopCount:%d fps:%d frameDuration:%d
frameNum:%4d timeTaken:%4d milliseconds
service.bootanim.exit images/android-logo-mask.png images/android-logo-shine.png vold.decrypt trigger_restart_min_framework /data/local/poweroffanimation.zip /system/media/poweroffanimation.zip /system/media/bootanimation-encrypted.zip /data/local/bootanimation.zip /system/media/bootanimation.zip .mp4 movie file %s is stored compressed in the zip archive and will not be played MediaPlayer failed to load movie %s, error %i MediaPlayer failed to start movie %s, error %i bootanim.pixel.format.32bit BootAnimation::getMediaPlayer stream volume error /system/media/ Failed to load sound %s desc.txt descMap is null %d %d %d %c %d %d %s s %s $0  #0  "0  %0 80 É°°«„ R²°¯€É

That would be the code to default back to the default boot animation (shiny android) when there is no boot animation.zip file detected. That file is in one of the framework files.

I cannot commit much more time to the chase. I will keep looking but have many more projects that will consume my time.

Posted Image

#77 portscan

portscan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:19 AM

It's cool. Do what you can.
Posted Image

#78 JaeKar99

JaeKar99

• Superuser
  • 222 posts
  • LocationTwin Falls

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:59 AM

Oh... Look! Original Droid Design!
Posted Image
||

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• dbreezy187 likes this

Posted Image

#79 phrite

phrite

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationEast Texas
  • Current Device(s):Razr, Nexus 7

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

ive always wanted something like a particle beam hitting the apple symbol and it exploding and a droid coming out of it (something very terminatorish)..just to irritate my nephew..

#80 JaeKar99

JaeKar99

• Superuser
  • 222 posts
  • LocationTwin Falls

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:17 AM

ive always wanted something like a particle beam hitting the apple symbol and it exploding and a droid coming out of it (something very terminatorish)..just to irritate my nephew..

I will take that challenge.. It will take me a day or so to get all the sequences formated..

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: boot animation, custom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users