Nubia1

JUST A COOL OLD GUY WHO LIKES ANDROID

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • LocationCincinnati,Ohio
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD/ OG RAZR MAXX

Posted 23 January 2012 - 04:58 AM

If you've just completed RSD, you're 1 build to early to go to the new leak still. You have to either accept the normal OTA update OR install Blur_Version.6.11.744.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip (they're the same exact thing). From there you can install Blur_Version.6.11.748.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip and be on the new leak when completed. If you're confused about how moto's file naming scheme works, read the bold at the top of the post.

I am totally stock like straight out of the box stock. I have downloaded the zip file to my sd card. How should I properly extract it to install the update. 6.12.173.xt912.verzion. En.us
I am currently 6.11.748.xt912. Verizon. En. Us

thanks in advance
  • TrueBlueWitt likes this

#162 DroidRazrAZ

DroidRazrAZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Twitter:konellaz
  • Google+:konellaz@gmail.com
  • LocationPDX 2 PHX

Posted 23 January 2012 - 05:12 AM

I am totally stock like straight out of the box stock. I have downloaded the zip file to my sd card. How should I properly extract it to install the update. 6.12.173.xt912.verzion. En.us

thanks in advance

This update breaks root, so please see how to maintain root..

Very simple.

Market. search Voodoo ota

Protect root

Temp unroot

Don't unzip.. Place on sdcard-ext

Power down

Hold Vol and power

This will boot motor recovery

With Vol down scroll to recovery

Vol up select

Install update :)

Reboot

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#163 Tmc363

Tmc363

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Twitter:@tmc363
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 23 January 2012 - 05:13 AM

Posted Image

Donate $10 or more to our Phones For Devs Giveaway and get a Custom Forum title and help the Make a wish Foundation details here: http://www.droidrzr....-custom-titles/

#164 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 23 January 2012 - 06:48 AM

thanks in advance

The OP covers every step of the installation process. Follow it to the letter.

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#165 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 23 January 2012 - 06:50 AM

I have the 6.12.173 leak that I have been holding off on since I have seen some who say that this could affect the real ota update and some say it wont, I just dont want to mess up again and have a frustrating headache like a month ago. The Droid 1 never gave a problem when doing stuff or I always easily got out of it. Maybe its just the changes and not knowing the for sures and Current differences between that and this one.

The OP has a rollback package posted for you to roll back to 748 should this knock us off the update path. Please read the OP in its entirety.

Posted Image

#166 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 23 January 2012 - 06:51 AM

I was going to respond with .... to a few of these but I guess a blank post covers it as well ;)

<3 you! lol.

Posted Image

#167 mattp427

mattp427

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:17 AM

When you downgrade from .173 to .748 do you just flash it in safestrap?

#168 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:19 AM

When you downgrade from .173 to .748 do you just flash it in safestrap?

None of the files in this thread should be flashed via safestrap or bootstrap. All of them should be flashed via stock recovery.

Posted Image

#169 Tmc363

Tmc363

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Twitter:@tmc363
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:46 AM

+1 stock recovery only

Posted Image

Donate $10 or more to our Phones For Devs Giveaway and get a Custom Forum title and help the Make a wish Foundation details here: http://www.droidrzr....-custom-titles/

#170 kb3awq

kb3awq

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Twitter:kb3awq
  • Google+:kb3awq
  • LocationWilliamsport, PA

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:54 AM

OK. So we use stock recovery for files in this thread. So safe strap isnt needed anymore or what advantage will razr strap cover. RSD I take it is for bootloops and by using other files to make stock?

If I used the razr strap to backup what I currently have like I did the other day which I am still on 748, but if I went to 173 I wouldnt be able to just restore my backup though CWR in rarzstrap? Instead of using the RSD method? Not trying to be too difficult but just trying to get this down cause on my Droid 1 I could do a backup and whatever I was on I could restore back to whatever without RSD or flashing another file.. .
John * Rooted Droid 1 and Droid RAZR Owner * KB3AWQ.com * W3AHS.com * Electronics Geek

#171 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:05 AM

OK. So we use stock recovery for files in this thread. So safe strap isnt needed anymore or what advantage will razr strap cover. RSD I take it is for bootloops and by using other files to make stock?

If I used the razr strap to backup what I currently have like I did the other day which I am still on 748, but if I went to 173 I wouldnt be able to just restore my backup though CWR in rarzstrap? Instead of using the RSD method? Not trying to be too difficult but just trying to get this down cause on my Droid 1 I could do a backup and whatever I was on I could restore back to whatever without RSD or flashing another file.. .

You can't use nandroid backups in this case because there are radio files involved. Feel free to restore to an earlier state on the build but not from one build to another.

Posted Image

#172 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:41 PM

Seems we got some attention from Droid-Life today. Was wondering why we had a slight bump in our users viewing this thread today.

Posted Image

#173 kb3awq

kb3awq

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Twitter:kb3awq
  • Google+:kb3awq
  • LocationWilliamsport, PA

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:39 PM

OK. So the files that you can downgrade like from 173 to 748 should be all that is needed then and shouldnt have to use RSD to go back unless there is a problem that arises correct?

If 173 is put on will the OTA come and install OK? I think I have seen both yes and no answers to this.. I guess some of this could be on a faq page or the wiki page that was made so it is easy to find and has one for sure answer.

I guess in simple terms if I put this 173 leak on the phone what will be needed to be done to install the official ota as they come will it just say download and install or will I have to flash back to 744 etc.

Also the Razrbootstrap apk good or bad?
John * Rooted Droid 1 and Droid RAZR Owner * KB3AWQ.com * W3AHS.com * Electronics Geek

#174 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:48 PM

OK. So the files that you can downgrade like from 173 to 748 should be all that is needed then and shouldnt have to use RSD to go back unless there is a problem that arises correct?

If 173 is put on will the OTA come and install OK? I think I have seen both yes and no answers to this.. I guess some of this could be on a faq page or the wiki page that was made so it is easy to find and has one for sure answer.

I guess in simple terms if I put this 173 leak on the phone what will be needed to be done to install the official ota as they come will it just say download and install or will I have to flash back to 744 etc.

Also the Razrbootstrap apk good or bad?

Yes.

Yes.

Nothing more than the rollback.

Disable bootstraps/safestraps temporarily before any OTA to make sure they take.

Posted Image

#175 Nanniepoo

Nanniepoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationDetroit, MI
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:27 AM

Just joined DroidRZR because of this...

I keep getting the Code 7 error, and it was blaming something in system/framework/frameword-res. I'm assuming that's because I used ninjamorph to change the color of the battery icon (only did it for 100%, was too lazy to continue). So I decided to see if I could look through the recovery files and pull out the png and replace it (idk what happened to the ninjamorph back-up). Unfortunately it looks like FileSonic's sharing capabilities have been disabled so I have no way of getting them...so looks like I'll be update-less for the time being, unless someone has a suggestion?

EDIT: I'm rooted, no safestrap/bootstrap

#176 Erp

Erp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:36 AM

Just joined DroidRZR because of this...

I keep getting the Code 7 error, and it was blaming something in system/framework/frameword-res. I'm assuming that's because I used ninjamorph to change the color of the battery icon (only did it for 100%, was too lazy to continue). So I decided to see if I could look through the recovery files and pull out the png and replace it (idk what happened to the ninjamorph back-up). Unfortunately it looks like FileSonic's sharing capabilities have been disabled so I have no way of getting them...so looks like I'll be update-less for the time being, unless someone has a suggestion?

EDIT: I'm rooted, no safestrap/bootstrap

Code 7 is missing bloat or files I believe. If that's the case you need to fastboot to .744, upgrade to .748, root, use OTA Rootkeeper (protect it), and then flash the latest update in stock recovery. One word of caution though, you will lose all /data/ coming back to .748. (Well you won't lose it, but you'll have tons of issue that will cause you to format it)

#177 Nanniepoo

Nanniepoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationDetroit, MI

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:41 AM

Code 7 is missing bloat or files I believe. If that's the case you need to fastboot to .744, upgrade to .748, root, use OTA Rootkeeper (protect it), and then flash the latest update in stock recovery. One word of caution though, you will lose all /data/ coming back to .748. (Well you won't lose it, but you'll have tons of issue that will cause you to format it)

I only deleted the bloat that I didn't need root for, and froze the rest. I actually unfroze everything before going through this process so all the bloat should be there. How do I fastboot without the files though? I can't download because FileSonic is shut down, and don't know anywhere else .744 is available. And I'm fine with losing my data, had the OG Droid and went through restoring my data multiple times, so no worries there.

EDIT: Couldn't the missing file be the original .png for the battery?
  • Nubia1 likes this

#178 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:46 AM

I only deleted the bloat that I didn't need root for, and froze the rest. I actually unfroze everything before going through this process so all the bloat should be there. How do I fastboot without the files though? I can't download because FileSonic is shut down, and don't know anywhere else .744 is available. And I'm fine with losing my data, had the OG Droid and went through restoring my data multiple times, so no worries there.

EDIT: Couldn't the missing file be the original .png for the battery?

I believe The Eternity Project is hosting the fastboot files.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#179 Nanniepoo

Nanniepoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationDetroit, MI

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:53 AM

Alright, awesome, I'll look into that. Unfortunately I'm at work and internet is slow as balls. Thanks!

#180 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:19 AM

DROID RAZR has all files needed to do everything you are doing :) we are a one stop shop. The full fastboot files are in this thread. My thread on how to unbrick your razr and matt has a thread for rsd with full fastboot files .

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Update Guide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users