#1 Wolfcarnage

Wolfcarnage

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:19 AM

Greetings Forum members, I have always used The Dark Knight's Utilities to save me from having to throw away my RAZR, this time though my phone has been saved once again my phone is not rooted I used option 3 Dan Rosenberg's Rooted method after Option 1 Dark Knight's Method of wiping the phone. I also did not login to my google account as I have read on here that that may interfere with the root process. Now when my phone boots up I get Install Superuser su binary is out of date. I hit Install or Recovery Install and get there is an error installing Superuser please send log of error to developer. I would love to delete the latests Facebook update and go back to original one and I cannot do this which brings me to writing this post in a hope someone can help me out.

Thanks in Advance.

Phone Model XT912 98.72.165 Verizon US

#2 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:33 AM

Use this root method instead.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#3 Wolfcarnage

Wolfcarnage

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:54 AM

Thank you livinginkhaos for that link I will try it and keep u posted  :) 

#4 Wolfcarnage

Wolfcarnage

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:26 PM

I am not sure if I did this correctly livingkhaos I followed the prompts in dos prompt , it said successfully installed but then i had 2 super users and i hit install and it finally installed. But i could still not have access to remove and play with stock apps as I see fit. Also A side note I ran ROM manager and it asked me install or update recovery and i picked my phone Motorola RAZR spyder and it said RAZR does not have an officially supported ClockworkMod Recovery Yet. and asked if I installed a ClockworkMod based recovery manually and if I hit no it says until it is available It will not work with the RAZR if i click yes I have to choose between Clockworkmod 2.x and 3.x+. This is not the super user access and previous ways I had Rom manager on for boot themes etc and uninstalling and modding apps. Do u recommend I do a full clean install again and instead of doing the root method I first did Dan Rosenbergs root with Dark Knights program to try the erootmoto again? 

#5 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:40 PM

The Razr has a locked bootloader, so you won't be able to install CWM.  As for uninstalling stock apps, how are you doing it?  You'll need something like Titanium Backup or Rom ToolBox to uninstall the apps.  Heck, I think you can just delete them in some sort of root file explorer.

• jl90 likes this

R. Long: Pixel 5

#6 Wolfcarnage

Wolfcarnage

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:23 AM

Thanks again it has been so long out of the loop here between my other modding hobbies I wanted to get this RAZR figured out I will try that RomToolbox Today I thought that was the Rom Manager. Will post results.

#7 deboyz1014

deboyz1014

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:00 AM

The Razr Utility 1.90 should be able to root without issue.  Make sure you don't have any android emulator software like bluestack installed, then just do

option 1

Then option 3

Follow instruction

profit

#8 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:24 AM

You don't want the 1.90 utility ...... There is newer one here....

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• RikRong likes this

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#9 Wolfcarnage

Wolfcarnage

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:34 AM

ok i will try this again not sure why i am having all these problems of a sudden :(

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rooting, Superuser

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users