#1 Wolfcarnage

Wolfcarnage

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:25 AM

I am finally sending this topic out to the droid forums. I have had various issues with my phone charging going from 70 % and then when it boots up only has 20 % of power. I have had numerous issues to where an emergency occurs and my phone would go to ? and would be under 0 percent and would not even charge unless a specific charger. I have the blackhat uk developer cord which has saved me multiple times thanks to the administrators advice on this forum. How can i find out since the XT912 is the only RAZR that the battery cannot be taken out if the issue is with the battery or the actual phone it is really freezing alot and doing crazy things since that update in 2014. I have used Matt's Dark Knight utlity to reinstall everything and wipe all data and i am back to this same problem. does anyone have any advice as to determine if it is an app running or the phone is just messed up or the charger??

THanks in advance

#2 foxkat

foxkat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Google+:phil.katulka@gmail.com
  • Current Device(s):Droid MAXX, Acer Iconia Tab 10.1, HTC EVO 3D, Droid 2 Global, OG Droid

Posted 07 April 2014 - 04:56 PM

I have lots of experience with this and am well known in Android circles for resolving this. The problem is an inherent characteristic of these batteries, combined with the phone manufacturer's method of dealing with it and the typical user's usage and charging patterns. The short answer... Power the phone completely off. Connect the STOCK WALL ADAPTER and STOCK MOTOROLA USB/CHARGING CABLE. Allow phone to boot into charge only mode. Let the phone charge for 3.5 hours (Droid RAZR), or 5.5 hours (Droid RAZR MAXX), or until the phone shows 100% on the display when you press and release the volume up our down button and wait about 3-5 seconds. Then power the phone up and use normally until you reach the on-screen notification to connect the charger (15% remaining, if memory serves me correctly... Otherwise it's 10%), but not before. Then power the phone back off and repeat the charging to 100% as you did the first time. This will put the battery and charging circuits back in sync and should resolve this problem. You should repeat this "meter training" about every two to three months. Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
  • livinginkaos likes this
Posted Image

#3 Wolfcarnage

Wolfcarnage

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:54 PM

Wow foxkat thanks for this info.. i will surely try this.. excited.!

#4 Wolfcarnage

Wolfcarnage

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:19 PM

So here is the diagnosis.

I waited till my phone died and charged in charge mode to 100% from 12:30-250pm  and then once it died at 5% (5 % battery power remaining it normally is 10 or 15 % though) 2 hours and 20 minutes

I shut it off again power off charge after turning it off to reach 100%. It took from 2:50 pm to bout 4:45pm so about 2 hours.

then upon turning back on the phone at 100% it lasted from 4:45pm to now about 8:00 at 5 percent. So it lasted about 3 hours and it is about dying now. 

Keep in mind I used very minimal apps while doing this tests expect replying to a few facebook messages and the web browser. so there was a difference but really not that much. I thank you foxkat for taking the time to write that tutorial but I am now not sure if my phone just needs another battery somehow. 

I think between spending 100 dollars to convert a droid RZR to RZR maxx or maybe even 30 dollars one of those chargers on amazon that claims to have enough charge for a phone 6 times or so is the best answer. I took all day to do this test. What are your thoughts? I would love to have the phone last for 3.5 hours or even 5.5 , I have rerooted and wiped the system data over and over with little apps running.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: battery, power, charger

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users