• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 dman1049

dman1049

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:37 PM

Is there a way to change the boot logo? I have tried a couple ways and to no success. Could someone make an app? I remember way back making an image and flashing it via command prompt and fast boot on my HTC Eris. Anyone have some light on this?

#2 twinkyz1979

twinkyz1979

Veteran Flasher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Ultra XT1080

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:29 AM

Is there a way to change the boot logo? I have tried a couple ways and to no success. Could someone make an app? I remember way back making an image and flashing it via command prompt and fast boot on my HTC Eris. Anyone have some light on this?

I have used this before in the past I know you have to pay for it but it gives you access to a great program in my opinion. When you buy it you get access to apk's for both GB and ICS. It does more than just boot logo's though.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I was able to make one using the above named app and gimp.

Plugin required for gimp to save RAW files.

More reading required here though on how to properly get it done.

When using gimp you must first save the file as an XCF extension then load that file back into gimp and export it to a RAW file. Then using the windows rename command change it to an IMG file (for use with the app above) or change it to a BIN file and flash it through fastboot..

Here is what i just made.

Keep in mind reds become blues and blues become reds so the one i made is black/white with blue eyes.

#3 MonkeyMouth

MonkeyMouth

Boot Logo Master

• Superuser
  • 148 posts
  • Google+:Adriano.Badilla@gmail.com
  • LocationLaveen, Arizona
  • Current Device(s):DROID ULTRA

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:11 PM

There are two utilities one by me, and one by Alex.Abraham
  • PillClinton likes this

Posted Image

Yet again. It isn't nessacary. But if you like my work or just want to be generous. Buy me a Monster. So I can stay up:P

Posted Image

#4 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:47 PM

If you know how's to use ADB/fastboot it's actually very very easy to change your boot logo, but like its been mentioned, there are some simple utilities that already exist that can help out!

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#5 twinkyz1979

twinkyz1979

Veteran Flasher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:00 PM

There are two utilities one by me, and one by Alex.Abraham

If you know how's to use ADB/fastboot it's actually very very easy to change your boot logo, but like its been mentioned, there are some simple utilities that already exist that can help out!

Only reason I mentioned the app above is becuase i like it, it does more than boot logo's, and it flashes IMG files you might already have on your phone without needing to be hooked to a computer to use fastboot. I mean are those utilities apps that can flash images from your phone? Also i know something might take up some more room on the forums but how many people with a Bionic are going to go dig through the RAZR stuff?

#6 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:50 PM

from root terminal:

busybox dd if=/path/to/logo.bin of=/dev/block/mmcblk1p10 bs=4096

#7 dman1049

dman1049

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:35 PM

Monkey do you have a link to your utility

#8 Alex.Abraham

Alex.Abraham

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 477 posts
  • Twitter:aabraham123456
  • Google+:aabraham123456@gmail.com
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:57 PM

There should be links to both my and MonkeyMouth's utility. Only thing is we designed them for the RAZR and I am not aware of the requirements for the DROID BIONIC. I would assume it would work the same way and be compatible but I honestly have no idea
Posted Image

#9 twinkyz1979

twinkyz1979

Veteran Flasher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:36 PM

There should be links to both my and MonkeyMouth's utility. Only thing is we designed them for the RAZR and I am not aware of the requirements for the DROID BIONIC. I would assume it would work the same way and be compatible but I honestly have no idea

i never once said anything couldn't be posted. I simply posted what i knew about and or have used. All i see is people mildly complaining but have yet to see any other links posted. It's an open forum around here you want it posted feel free i don't know any of your links to things. I didn't even start this i just simply replied trying to help someone out and i am catching heat for it from everyone else.

#10 Alex.Abraham

Alex.Abraham

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 477 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:56 AM

i never once said anything couldn't be posted. I simply posted what i knew about and or have used. All i see is people mildly complaining but have yet to see any other links posted. It's an open forum around here you want it posted feel free i don't know any of your links to things. I didn't even start this i just simply replied trying to help someone out and i am catching heat for it from everyone else.

OMG I am so sorry if my reply offended you in ANY way I was just trying to help. Reading over my reply I understand I could have worded it a bit differently to make it sound less threatening (WHICH IT WASEN'T!!!) And for that I beg for your forgiveness :)
Posted Image

#11 robthefive0

robthefive0

Sarge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationN.J.

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:20 AM

Lighten up twinky, Alex is one of the least offensive people I've seen on here. He meant nothing by that post, I think you just misinterpreted what he was saying. He's always willing to help people, as it seems you are trying to do on this thread also.
Posted Image

#12 Alex.Abraham

Alex.Abraham

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 477 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:06 AM

This is what I think is the biggest problem with online forums. People read comments and might find them offensive because they don't have a full conversation with someone to feel the emotion. One of the reasons I love DR is the chat room attempts to fix this issue. Devs or even knowledgeable users help out those in need whenever they can in real time and try to do so in the nicest and most meaningful way possible :')
Posted Image

#13 robthefive0

robthefive0

Sarge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationN.J.

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:09 AM

This is what I think is the biggest problem with online forums. People read comments and might find them offensive because they don't have a full conversation with someone to feel the emotion. One of the reasons I love DR is the chat room attempts to fix this issue. Devs or even knowledgeable users help out those in need whenever they can in real time and try to do so in the nicest and most meaningful way possible :')

It's all good Alex, keep up the good work.
Posted Image

#14 twinkyz1979

twinkyz1979

Veteran Flasher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:17 AM

My post wasn't mean to be directed at him so much as it was the others who have posted on this topic. I never meant to cause such a response by just simply trying to do what i could to help out.

I am sorry if i miss understood something i read.

#15 Alex.Abraham

Alex.Abraham

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 477 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:23 AM

Awesome!!! I don't even remember what this thread was about :P
  • johnlgalt likes this
Posted Image

#16 twinkyz1979

twinkyz1979

Veteran Flasher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:56 AM

lol Maybe it should be deleted and one started with all the links to every ones programs with explanations as to what they do and such over here in the Bionic section just to make sure everyone knows they are out there and where to find them. even if it is only a couple posts redirecting to the threads in the RAZR realm.
  • johnlgalt likes this

#17 Alex.Abraham

Alex.Abraham

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 477 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:44 AM

That's an amazing idea :) Even trying to find certain things on this site is annoying and I end up using Google :P
Posted Image

#18 无心草

无心草

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:04 AM

thanks

#19 stealthmouse

stealthmouse

Utility Pro

• Superuser
  • 244 posts
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/u/0/104359749772570760296
  • LocationSolana Beach, CA (i.e., San Diego)

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:23 AM

Was just trolling and saw this. For future reference, andlaw goes through boot logo change using commands, on RAZR - CDMA - ROMS - Black Widow 4.0.4 AOKP/CM:

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
If you PM me here, I'll get it eventually, but I'm constantly on the move. If you need to reach me more quickly, email me at stealthmouse@gmail.com and add DroidRZR PERSONAL MESSAGE to subject line. Thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: How to, Request

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users