474 replies to this topic

#181 clock32

clock32

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:09 PM

Hi! Playing with files trying de-bloatware it, installed rom manager and download another recovery with this program; now, phone is unable to boot.... again, ha,ha,ha. Anyone that kindly can post recovery, or that have a link to stock rom to re-flash? Thanks and Regards.

#182 joshrcrow

joshrcrow

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Twitter:joshrcrow

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:36 AM

I have been exploring this whole Root thing for a couple days now, my previous phone was an HTC HD7 windows phone, which I liked (not a lot of "bloat" as I'm becoming hip to the lingo) but it was locked up in terms of the apps that could be developed and how you could make the OS look and operate which I found very dissatisfying> Needless to say I broke that phone, and had it replaced with this Huwei Mytouch, and was incredibly pissed off with this idea of not being the root user and the bloatware in this land od Androind/Linux freedom, so thats when this long strange journey inot rooting started (I mean I have rooted and rutted in many other life situations but nothing that needs to be dealt with here :). So I am having the same probelm as saxman2k:

I have installed the drivers so, what I am going to do now is type dial the *#*# 2846579 #*#* and set the debug mode from "Google" to something else, will play around with stuff from there and let you know how it goes. @ mattlgroff if everything works I just really want to say thank you for setting this up in such an elegently simple package. I am a self proclaimed Computer "superuser" but a Linux man I am not. I had messed around with this in Ubuntu before I found your thread here (because I was thinking Linux might provide for more stability in the process, howver I feel much more comfortable in windows enviro).... so I'll go test and play here and hope this will work, thanks again.

I am also having this problem! If anyone has found a solution to this, that would be great!

#183 joshrcrow

joshrcrow

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:38 AM

This is my problem - Hopefully someone can help me. I follow all of the instructions but I still cant get it to work. I'm running windows 7. I install the drivers, plug in the phone, enable usb debugging, then click on "root." From here the command promt pops up and says "daemon not running. Starting it now on port 5037. Daemon started successfully." Then it say, "waiting for device." At this point my phone attemps to reboot, but ultimately hangs on the "android 4g tomobile sceen." No matter how long I wait, it just hangs there, and the command promt just hangs on "wating for device."

Any help would be greatly, greatly appriciated! :)
  • joshrcrow likes this

#184 SirRastusBear

SirRastusBear

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

Hi-
see post #125 by me. I was having same problem on Windows 7. Maybe my post will help, if not-sorry!

This is my problem - Hopefully someone can help me. I follow all of the instructions but I still cant get it to work. I'm running windows 7. I install the drivers, plug in the phone, enable usb debugging, then click on "root." From here the command promt pops up and says "daemon not running. Starting it now on port 5037. Daemon started successfully." Then it say, "waiting for device." At this point my phone attemps to reboot, but ultimately hangs on the "android 4g tomobile sceen." No matter how long I wait, it just hangs there, and the command promt just hangs on "wating for device."

Any help would be greatly, greatly appriciated! :)

#185 cras.brennan

cras.brennan

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:34 PM

I created a Windows utility for this I am happy to share. If its needed I can make Linux or Mac too...

http://crackflasher....4G_UNRooter.zip

I went to this link and the file was no longer there.. Can you please send me the updated link to the unrooter utility?

#186 kyle_trager

kyle_trager

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:04 AM

谢谢 帅哥 在中国找不到破解方法
  • mattlgroff likes this

#187 racosta201045

racosta201045

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:07 PM

As of right now I am bricked stuck at the boot...I dont know where to go from here and my wife is gonna kick my butt soon if I dont fix her phone...
I was rooted and I was removing some of the bloatware in the system I think I was a couple of the IQ apps but then the phone went crazy I pulled the battery..I am able to get into recovery. I did a factory reset but it wont boot. I dont know what to do next>>>CAN ANYONE HELP ME???

#188 racosta201045

racosta201045

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:12 PM

This phone is very unbrickable. I rooted my phone with this (more than a few times now) and can 100% say this will not brick you. This uses "fastboot boot InsecureKernel.img" instead of a "fastboot flash" to ensure this even more. Worst case you reboot and everything is normal, but it would never get to that point.

When you boot the phone by holding both volume keys and the power button you will get a pink screen. If you are on linux or have the drivers installed on Windows, you will get a mounted drive, which contains boot.img and the recovery.img. I ran the boot.img through my insecure kernel tool I got from a buddy at XDA a while back and made an insecure boot.img. What an "insecure" kernel means is that if you boot using it your "adb shell" will automatically be root access on boot while using it. I use "fastboot boot InsecureKernel.img" to boot the device once with this method to mount /system/ so we can put su binary, Superuser.apk, and busybox in their respective places and set the right permissions. The phone then reboots and the InsecureKernel was like it was never there.

You cannot get stuck in any mode actually, just battery pull and unplug.

If you do crazy stuff with root on your own and "brick" you simply boot into a linux distro and replace the drive that pops up with the /system/ with a system pull while in Pink Screen mode.

Sorry if I got too technical, but you did indeed ask ;)

Im having trouble understanding where you " replace the drive that pops up with the /system/ with a system pull while in Pink Screen mode."
Where is the "system" that I am going to be putting in?? I am bricked right now at the android 4g screen. I am able to get into recovery and the PINK MODE..I dont know where to go next??? I NEED HELP

#189 racosta201045

racosta201045

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:28 PM

Thanks you! I will try this and report later. Best regards.

Add: oh-la-la... I boot on pink screen, format unit as you stated...create new image folder on it and I can restore all archives to phone...

now, It is restarting flawless... Thanks you!!

I formated the image partition when i got in the bootloader and then i was able to copy the files back. make sure you format it to the same as it is now file format it is now

How do I do this??? I dont understand how to format the image partition. I am half a noob...Please help...
Here is what I did....I deleted some files once I had it rooted and it gets stuck on the boot screen. I can boot into recovery and the Pink Screen.

#190 damagedbits

damagedbits

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:57 PM

I'm guessing that this thread is ridiculously outdated and that it's now impossible to root the MyTouch 4g using this method?

#191 whiterabbit

whiterabbit

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:15 PM

It's not outdated, it's just like we've said before when you start messing with stuff that is not well documented here there is a good risk of bricking the phone. I bricked 3 of them just trying to mess around with it and found a way to edit the cust.img file to completely remove the bloatware. Anything other than what Matt and I have posted is like playing with fire while you're swimming in lighter fluid unless you are willing to brick the phone. Between what the two of us have posted there is nothing more to do with this phone until someone finds out how to unlock the bootloader and that is going to be hard to do without bricking it at least a few times. I've tried replacing the phone and calculator apps to get the code to pop up and nothing works.
  • mattlgroff likes this

#192 clock32

clock32

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

Hi! Do you (or somebody else) can kindly post the recovery original file of the image folder? I am reading again posts, and, when I copied this to my lap, names were changed together their creation date. may be this the problem due my phone don´t boot yet (only has a month bricked, he,he). Thanks in advance.

#193 joshrcrow

joshrcrow

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:34 PM

I finally got my phone rooted, using this method. It has to do with finding the correct drivers for the phone. Matt tried to root it for me, he had no luck. But after about a month of tinkering with files on my hard drive, I finally got it! Now to find some ROM's!
  • mattlgroff likes this

#194 talha.sal

talha.sal

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:14 PM

So i was attempting to root my mytouch (i know im very late lol) but keep getting stuck on the point where the root.img needs to be loaded. Changed the port and i know i have the drivers installed, the problems people had earlier i already tried with no luck. ANY HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Plug the phone in with a USB cord and have it booted up normally.
Please install the included drivers before we begin.
Go to Settings . Applications . Developer Options and enable USB Debugging.
If these are done press any key to continue.
Press any key to continue . . .
< waiting for device >
cannot load 'rooted.img': No error
Your device should now reboot normally. It is still rooting... don't unplug.

#195 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:17 PM

So i was attempting to root my mytouch (i know im very late lol) but keep getting stuck on the point where the root.img needs to be loaded. Changed the port and i know i have the drivers installed, the problems people had earlier i already tried with no luck. ANY HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Plug the phone in with a USB cord and have it booted up normally.
Please install the included drivers before we begin.
Go to Settings . Applications . Developer Options and enable USB Debugging.
If these are done press any key to continue.
Press any key to continue . . .
< waiting for device >
cannot load 'rooted.img': No error
Your device should now reboot normally. It is still rooting... don't unplug.

If you had an OTA update and taken it,, it appears they blocked this method.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#196 rc420head

rc420head

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

If you had an OTA update and taken it,, it appears they blocked this method.

any way to uninstall the update?

#197 brandonyeong

brandonyeong

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:XxKrazyKingxX

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:52 PM

I Rooted my Device and everything worked fine but it restarted and now is stuck on the Android 4G tmobile boot screen can this be fixed?

#198 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:24 PM

any way to uninstall the update?

I Rooted my Device and everything worked fine but it restarted and now is stuck on the Android 4G tmobile boot screen can this be fixed?

Nope to both, no restore files.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

#199 Kreed

Kreed

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Twitter:newsfromwi

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:20 PM

It worked flawelessly Just be patient with it and it will work but for some reason I shut it off and tried to turn back in and its stuck at the Android 4G Screen.. any ideas? Really need this asap.

#200 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:29 PM

It worked flawelessly Just be patient with it and it will work but for some reason I shut it off and tried to turn back in and its stuck at the Android 4G Screen.. any ideas? Really need this asap.

We don't have restore files, so not really anything that can be done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users