#201 Kreed

Kreed

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Twitter:newsfromwi

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

So I am pretty much f%$ked...? Is there anything I can do? This is brand new and I have insurance for it.. I don't suppose I could get a new phone..? Or do a factory reset?

#202 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:39 PM

So I am pretty much f%$ked...? Is there anything I can do? This is brand new and I have insurance for it.. I don't suppose I could get a new phone..? Or do a factory reset?

Walk in and complain it stopped working. You won't have to pay a re-stocking fee. I didn't have to, anyway.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#203 Kreed

Kreed

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:42 PM

Walk in and complain it stopped working. You won't have to pay a re-stocking fee. I didn't have to, anyway.

Will they be able to tell I rooted it?..

#204 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:17 PM

Will they be able to tell I rooted it?..

Nope.. it won't even boot up. I normally don't recommend this method for phones, but there isn't another for this one.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

#205 mat0

mat0

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:52 PM

i know this is going to sound really dumb but can anyone send me a zip for the origial firmware so i can apply the update ?

#206 jpd1844

jpd1844

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:05 PM

Matt...do you have the link for the root tool?

#207 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:07 AM

Matt...do you have the link for the root tool?

All links can be found here:
http://www.batakang....hp?dir=hwu8680/

#208 Kreed

Kreed

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:29 PM

Matt got a new phone tmobile is terrible with customer service etc but I have a new one in my hand. Would you be able to guide me or something so I Could root this thing safely without problems? or send me to a link or a few that would walk me through it so I don't have the same problem? Or do you suggest I just don't do it with this phone?

#209 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:51 PM

Matt got a new phone tmobile is terrible with customer service etc but I have a new one in my hand. Would you be able to guide me or something so I Could root this thing safely without problems? or send me to a link or a few that would walk me through it so I don't have the same problem? Or do you suggest I just don't do it with this phone?

I don't suggest it on this phone if worried about bricking.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

#210 jskier12

jskier12

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:19 PM

Okay, I have the zip file in my cache folder. Just trying to figure out how exactly to get it off of my phone lol. I'll get back to you once I figure that out.

Edit: I'm using something called Android Commander (on PC) to view the root folder, but when I open up the Cache folder It appears empty (even though I can see the files in there through Root Explorer on the phone)

Edit: Okay, I figured out the problem was because we're using a stock rom which has secured adb even when rooted. So I downloaded insecured adb from here http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1687590. And that allows Android Commander to have root access. I'll try to upload the file somewhere and post a link

Edit: (Final)

Okay here it is lol

http://www.mediafire...01_B839SP03.zip

Let me know if that doesn't work for some reason or another.

Edit (again): Hmm, just tried to apply the update and i think the instalation failed.

Edit: Going to the system update section in my phone now says that its up to date so I'm not sure what happened exactly lol. It would be nice to have the optimized camera. I think I remember reading somewhere that the 5 MP camera was actually something more like 3.9 MP

I got my mytouch stuck in bootloader mode, so I don't have root access at all. I have been attempting to reinstall stock roms, and this is the closest i've gotten. However, when checking patch files, it "assert failed" and won't go any further. Any ideas?

#211 eaglesfan13

eaglesfan13

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:44 PM

so ive tried this root method several times and it always gets to the point where it says waiting on device. my phone shuts off then re boots to the android screen then freezes. no matter how long i wait the phone never fully reboots until i disconnect and pull the battery. any suggestions? thank you. ive also tried z4 root, gingerroot and oneclick root none have worked. i have a tmobile 2.3.6 huawei mytouch

#212 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

so ive tried this root method several times and it always gets to the point where it says waiting on device. my phone shuts off then re boots to the android screen then freezes. no matter how long i wait the phone never fully reboots until i disconnect and pull the battery. any suggestions? thank you. ive also tried z4 root, gingerroot and oneclick root none have worked. i have a tmobile 2.3.6 huawei mytouch

Can't use this on the new update.

#213 eaglesfan13

eaglesfan13

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

ok thank you for clearing that up. ive been struggling to find a way to root my phone. im not the most tec savy person out there but i was hoping to find something that would work. you seem to be really smart when it comes to this kind of stuff based on your forums. how do you feel about buying software to root a phone? i see some sites that guarentee sucess or money back. scams? legit?

#214 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

ok thank you for clearing that up. ive been struggling to find a way to root my phone. im not the most tec savy person out there but i was hoping to find something that would work. you seem to be really smart when it comes to this kind of stuff based on your forums. how do you feel about buying software to root a phone? i see some sites that guarentee sucess or money back. scams? legit?

Definitely scams IMO....

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

#215 nillerz

nillerz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:21 PM

I discovered this after the phone was updated... I'm using the Huawei MyTouch Q. I'm working hard on it, but has anyone had any success rooting this phone AFTER the update?

#216 Vaffanculo

Vaffanculo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Twitter:@poopsahoy
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

Just ran this on my daughter's phone and it rooted it first try. Not sure if she was running the latest version of the software, but when I checked system updates it said her system was current. Any roms for this device or is she stuck on old 2.3?

#217 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

Just ran this on my daughter's phone and it rooted it first try. Not sure if she was running the latest version of the software, but when I checked system updates it said her system was current. Any roms for this device or is she stuck on old 2.3?

There is an engineering ICS file floating around but we can't use it on the T-Mobile version.

Pretty much stuck on crappy 2.3.

#218 valley956ghost

valley956ghost

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationDeep South Texas
  • Current Device(s):HTC Mytouch 4g, iPhone 3GS

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

Im having trouble rooting my mytouch 4g .. can anyone help me with detailed instructions .. im a noob ..

#219 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:32 PM

Im having trouble rooting my mytouch 4g .. can anyone help me with detailed instructions .. im a noob ..

If you are on the latest update you cannot as far as I am aware.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 2

#220 poly_hedron

poly_hedron

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Current Device(s):mytouch q

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:37 AM

I just got this phone so of course it has the latest update. Is there a method to revert the phone to an older update so I can use the rooting method that used to work? I'd rather have an older firmware version then a non-rooted phone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users