474 replies to this topic

#241 Brigade

Brigade

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:16 PM

in Settings and Applications options make sure Unknown Sources is checked as enabled.

Otherwise... Not sure.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Well I just got a new phone. Learned my lesson. Thanks for the root application. Worked on my second phone!

#242 1234

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Current Device(s):u8730

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:04 AM

so the wife just bought me one of the huawei u8730 . android 2.3.6..anyways i used to be huge into playing to much with unix and linux stuffs way back in highskool days. i wanted to get back into linux stuffs  so i decided what a funnerway than to do it on my phone but need root to do so and have not done anything like this on phone but they are now basicly little computers.bottom line will this werk or should i be using superoneclik?

#243 1357qetu

1357qetu

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:32 AM

I rooted my 8730,I replaced some of the apps in system/app with the apps in StockApps.zip.And then some warinigs popped up and my phone broke down.
Now I can't get into the USB debugging mode (app lost?) and I can't mount the SDcard. I did try to hard reset the phone and format the cache but the failure is STILL there.
Do any one know how to fix it ? Or install an app on my phone?
Can CWM heip me get access to the system folder without enabling the debugging mode?
THX in advance.

#244 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:16 AM

I rooted my 8730,I replaced some of the apps in system/app with the apps in StockApps.zip.And then some warinigs popped up and my phone broke down.
Now I can't get into the USB debugging mode (app lost?) and I can't mount the SDcard. I did try to hard reset the phone and format the cache but the failure is STILL there.
Do any one know how to fix it ? Or install an app on my phone?
Can CWM heip me get access to the system folder without enabling the debugging mode?
THX in advance.

Yeah if you boot clockworkmod (start the script to Tether CWM from the Stock Recovery screen, since that can take adb commands) you will be given adb shell as root in the Tethered CWM.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#245 SamuraiCX

SamuraiCX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket (SGH-I727R) (Latest PACMan)

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:46 PM

hi, first off, i want to say that i successfully rooted after the latest ota update following this video. just wanted to put that out there.

[EDIT] the title is a bit misleading, it works for both U8680 and U8730 which are without and with keyboard, regular and q version.

[RE-EDIT] i must be blind because i did not notice that the program used is matt's, in any case, it works after the ota update!

Current:   Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket (SGH-I727R) (Latest PACMan nightly, UVMC6 Radio) 

Previous: Huawei T-Mobile MyTouch 4G (U8680) (Stock-rooted, running without cust.img) (still owned)

Samsung Dart (SGH-T499Y) (Stock-rooted) (still owned)

#246 SamuraiCX

SamuraiCX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:55 PM

and now for the real reason i wanted to post. sorry for the double post btw, i didnt want my first post to be a cry for help. i want to say thanks for the development being done here. Thanks. and now, here is my problem, please try to help. so, i used romtoolbox pro to change my bootanimation, everything was normal, though i didnt reboot just yet. I tried to change the status bar icons as well, silly ol' me, and the phone went crazy (systemui has stopped responding, sd interno something, no apps would work that were installed on my sd card, tons of other language eroors, etc) so i powered the phone off. After turning it back on, it got stuck on the Android 4G screen, and the capacitative buttons lit up for a second then dimmed again. I tried doing a factory reset through stock recovery, which I can still access, and it did not work. I tried going in to Pink screen mode, i was able to access it. The phone is also sim locked if that's helpful. I connected the phone to my computer in pinkscreen mode and tried removing each image seperately, to see if it worked. while trying it without the boot.img, it was a blue screen, so now im wondering that maybe if i flash a /system file from an update.zip that hasnt touched bloatware or anything, that the phone will work, or if i can get a clean boot.img from one of you guys. If anything can be done to help me, or if any effort is made, or if this post is even read completely and considered, than you have my deepest gratitude for trying to help.
Thanks in advance-
SamuraiCX

[EDIT] all of the .img files from pink mode are in the phone currently, if that helps at all.

Current:   Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket (SGH-I727R) (Latest PACMan nightly, UVMC6 Radio) 

Previous: Huawei T-Mobile MyTouch 4G (U8680) (Stock-rooted, running without cust.img) (still owned)

#247 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:08 PM

Samurai needs to find a SystemUI.apk from the following build of the MyTouchQ or myTouch4G Huawei.

ro.build.version.incremental=C85B839SP03
ro.build.tags=ota-rel-keys,release-keys
ro.build.description=U8680-user 2.3.6 ERE27 C85B839SP03 ota-rel-keys,release-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=Huawei/U8680_TMO/hwu8680:2.3.6/HuaweiU8680/C85B839SP03:user/ota-rel-keys,release-keys
ro.build.display.id=U8680V100R001C85B839SP03

If someone has this build, even if you are NOT rooted, you can pull this file for him with adb.

adb pull /system/app/SystemUI.apk
This will pull SystemUI.apk to your home directory or whatever you set it to with
adb pull /system/app/SystemUI.apk C:\User\Matt\Desktop\

• SamuraiCX likes this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

#248 SamuraiCX

SamuraiCX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

thanks a million matt! the hospitality and support I find in one day is one-million times better than the devs for the dart, too bad we cant do too much with this phone thus far, but seriously, thanks so much! :) :) :D

#249 1357qetu

1357qetu

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:21 AM

BTW can anyone upload a update package or ROM in zip form so I can recover my 8730 from SDcard ?
Anyone please~~

I format the system folder so my phone died. And I assume a ROM is the only thing to save it.
So where can I fetch one?

Edited by 1357qetu, 20 February 2013 - 07:48 AM.

#250 Guest_pmhvldsk_*

Guest_pmhvldsk_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:14 AM

Done.
Attached File  SystemUI.zip   320.58KB   23 downloads
  • SamuraiCX likes this

#251 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:54 PM

Done.
Attached File  SystemUI.zip   320.58KB   23 downloads

thanks very much. I'm sure Samurai will appreciate it

#252 SamuraiCX

SamuraiCX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

wow, thanks pmhvldsk! you have my sincere gratitude and i really appreciate that you took the time to help me out. you too matt, i could not have expected support in less than 72 hours, you guys here at droidrzr are awesome! once again, my sincerest thanks,
-SamuraiCX

#253 bigschmidtyky

bigschmidtyky

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Twitter:bigschmidtyky
  • LocationLexington, KY, USA
  • Current Device(s):Huawei T-Mobile MyTouch, Asus Google Nexus 7

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:46 PM

I am new to this site. I have reviewed all 9 pages of this topic a couple of times. My phone has the aforementioned OTA update installed. Does anyone know if the root program available will root this phone? I can't afford to brick my phone and this is my first endeavor into the world of rooting.

#254 SamuraiCX

SamuraiCX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:03 PM

hi bigschmidtyky, I successfully rooted the phone after the OTA update installed using the video I posted in post #245 (see above) , the program was made by mattlgroff, or matt if you prefer, from this very forum! just follow the steps exactly how they are laid out in the video and there shouldn't be any problems. Make sure not to make the same mistakes as anyone else did or you will be bricked as many others on this forum have been. I hope you found my post useful, and as matt more or less said earlier, if you're in doubt, then it may not be worth the risk. Good luck if you do decide to go ahead with it!
-SamuraiCX
  • bigschmidtyky likes this

#255 bigschmidtyky

bigschmidtyky

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Twitter:bigschmidtyky
  • LocationLexington, KY, USA
  • Current Device(s):Huawei T-Mobile MyTouch, Asus Google Nexus 7

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

Thanks for the quick reply SamuraiCX. I saw that same video a couple of weeks ago before I found this thread. I will give it a shot tomorrow morning when I am not so tired from working all day.

#256 SamuraiCX

SamuraiCX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:58 PM

Your welcome bigschmidtyky. If anyone can help me, I cannot seem to get SystemUI.apk onto the phone through an adb shell, when i try su in adb, it says access denied, so I'm at a dead end. If anyone can help me to get past this final barrier to unbrick my phone, I would really apprecaite it. Thanks in advance,
-SamuraiCX

#257 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:21 PM

Your welcome bigschmidtyky. If anyone can help me, I cannot seem to get SystemUI.apk onto the phone through an adb shell, when i try su in adb, it says access denied, so I'm at a dead end. If anyone can help me to get past this final barrier to unbrick my phone, I would really apprecaite it. Thanks in advance,
-SamuraiCX

I can make a flash able zip for you probably.

#258 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:27 PM

Here ya go.. try it in CWM Pheonix.

https://dl.dropbox.c...FixSystemUI.zip

#259 subsonic42

subsonic42

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:31 PM

the hospitality and support I find in one day is one-million times better than ... :D

yes --this forum pretty much rocks. I look forward to spending a lot of time here.

#260 vicio

vicio

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:06 AM

Hopefully someone can help me. I follow all of the instructions but I still cant get it to work. I'm running windows 7. I install the drivers, plug in the phone, enable usb debugging, then click on "root." From here the command promt pops up and says "daemon not running. Starting it now on port 5037. Daemon started successfully." Then it say, "waiting for device." At this point my phone attemps to reboot, but ultimately hangs on the "android 4g tomobile sceen." No matter how long I wait, it just hangs there, and the command promt just hangs on "wating for device."

Any help would be greatly, greatly appriciated! :)

I have tried the .bat and also got into your same problem. I would recommend to try it on a Windows 7 machine since Windows XP for some reason does not find the "fast-boot" drivers and your device does not start properly after restarting because those drivers are not present. Of course, you should run Win7 as administrator and install the drivers for your phone. The only driver that fails to load is the fast-boot "Android" driver which Win7 can find it for you by default. So try Win7 instead. WinXP is about to quit support by the end of this year anyways...

When you try it on Win7, you will get into the same situation BUT you can search for those drivers by clicking the error "driver not found" message and update it with Microsoft Windows Update and it finds it, installs it for you and the process "waiting for device" keeps going, copies the files and your rooting will be done in seconds.

I tried it yesterday and I could successfully root my T-mobile mytouch 4g using Windows 7.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users