How To Root Huawei Mytouch 4G

• Please log in to reply
474 replies to this topic

#281 SamuraiCX

SamuraiCX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket (SGH-I727R) (Latest PACMan)

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:06 PM

thanks clock32, maybe it will work, i dont know, but if it doesn't then there's only one other possibility, the bootanimation.

[edit] of course its not boot.img, i tried it anyways. i need to get bootanimation.zip out of there, but adb says all permissions are denied, su returns
"[1] Segmentation fault su. maybe i should just give up?

[EDIT 2] I give up, I don't want to try to fix it on my own. Maybe if a rom one daycomes out, a way to unlock bootloader, etc etc... or a full stock rom that anyone can flash comes out, I can only wait and watch. I'm finished looking for a solution, but if anyone does come up with a solution, then I hope it will help as many as possible. Thanks everyone for the support, greatly appreciated, even if I didn't unbrick. It's my own fault it got bricked, my own fault I didn't backup before screwing around. I don't blame anyone but myself. A special thanks to clock32, pmhvldsk and mattlgroff for direct support.

Current:   Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket (SGH-I727R) (Latest PACMan nightly, UVMC6 Radio) 

Previous: Huawei T-Mobile MyTouch 4G (U8680) (Stock-rooted, running without cust.img) (still owned)

Samsung Dart (SGH-T499Y) (Stock-rooted) (still owned)

#282 mat0

mat0

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:30 PM

Could you re-post the unroot tool please? The original link is broken.

#283 toquer

toquer

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:42 PM

been having issues this past week so i reset back to factory and upon reboot was offered an update to build number:

u8730v100r001c85B845

not sure yet what has been updated or fixed. i'm hoping the phone will respond a bit better. it's been a rough week for the device for me.

#284 jamonthis

jamonthis

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:16 AM

I received the update also and tried to install but forgot to restore system files before hand. Now i dont have the update. If any one can get the update posted i will test it out and verify root afterwards. by the way here is what tmobile says the update is sorry still GB.

Android version 2.3.6 / Build number C85B845 (Current)

#285 saddam33

saddam33

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Locationyemen
  • Current Device(s):mytouch

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:31 AM

my hwawei mytouch 4g is in a boot loop i do not know what to do?
can anyone help me please

#286 toquer

toquer

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:25 AM

Also, there was mention of running without cust.img. does this work? I can't stand all these applications in the way! I'm a bit worried about modifing it to my liking and would be happy with raw android.

#287 SamuraiCX

SamuraiCX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:35 PM

@saddam33 what did you exactly do to cause said bootloop?

oh, and if anyone is going to back up their system from after ota update, can you please upload it as it may just help me unbrick. if not, i guess i can try to answer questions, but asking matt is really the right thing to do, and

@mat0 the unrooter can be found here, under the name "HuaweiMyTouch4G_UNRooter.zip" http://batakang.com/ftp/?dir=hwu8680

[EDIT] @jamonthis: hey, do you mind backing up system for me and uploading here before performing this newer ota update? the buildnumbers match, and I'm hoping i can unbrick if i can get a backup from you. If no, its no big deal, and good luck in anything you try to accomplish with this phone.

Current:   Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket (SGH-I727R) (Latest PACMan nightly, UVMC6 Radio) 

Previous: Huawei T-Mobile MyTouch 4G (U8680) (Stock-rooted, running without cust.img) (still owned)

#288 toquer

toquer

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:47 AM

Well I'm going to delete cust.img and trying using this paperweight as a phone. I'm so done with this piece of garbage. My biggest issue is that if I'm typing a message and I receive a message the thing just hangs. Gives me the option of force close or wait. Only thing I can do is pull the battery. Wish me luck. If it fails, I'm off to get a nexus.

#289 1234

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Current Device(s):u8730

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:05 AM

i sm now tryong this with my 366mhz laptop runnen backtrack3 i was getting a errror on line 9 and 129t to many parameters so i deleted the () around uname part now getting a cannot exicute binary file .\files\fastboot.linux then i pull battery case it frezzez at boot screen then get cant chmod blabla of course but what is happening with the fastboot part ? what do i need to edit now? or can i do this manualy with adb and a shell?

#290 mrhockey

mrhockey

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:41 PM

Thanks for the very informative thread. I rooted my phone rather easily last night and did a back up of all my apps with Titanium Backup and deleted some applications like Netflix and Twitter but now I can no longer receive picture message texts. I can send picture messages and can send and receive normal text messages, but when I download the pictures it tells me that "download of message was unsuccessful." Any idea what is going on?

My phone also tried to take an update today but it failed for some reason. I was on the road when it happend and I forget the error.

#291 mat0

mat0

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:33 PM

I created a Windows utility for this I am happy to share. If its needed I can make Linux or Mac too...

http://crackflasher....4G_UNRooter.zip

can you repost the unroot tool? this link is broken

#292 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:57 PM

can you repost the unroot tool? this link is broken

Samurai already did. Its on batakang.com FTP Server.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#293 saddam33

saddam33

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Locationyemen

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:50 AM

hi
@SamuraiCX: i think i do format system from cwm and than it is in a boot loop

i have try to find its original firmware but i could not find it if u could give me a back up or its original firmware -dload- that would be so helpful

#294 1234

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Current Device(s):u8730

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:11 AM

ok figured out my last problem. now i get a boot.image to large cant download type an error sumthen varrible incorect i belive sorry not by my machine. anyone else have this happen

#295 Hoplitex

Hoplitex

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Device(s):Hauwei MyTouch 4G Q

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:22 AM

Hi, Im new to rooting androids. I recently got my MyTouch back in late August. I tried doing this, but I run into two problems which then results in not allowing me to root. 1. It freezes up on the second cmd screen with the cyan text at "Press any key to continue." The second issue is that if it does pass that part it will be a long list of "abd is not recognized as an external command." Could you possibly help?

#296 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:03 AM

Hi, Im new to rooting androids. I recently got my MyTouch back in late August. I tried doing this, but I run into two problems which then results in not allowing me to root. 1. It freezes up on the second cmd screen with the cyan text at "Press any key to continue." The second issue is that if it does pass that part it will be a long list of "abd is not recognized as an external command." Could you possibly help?

Extract the zip to its own folder on the desktop.

Other than that you may have installed the update that patched root.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#297 SamuraiCX

SamuraiCX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:17 AM

@saddam33 I wish I could help, but I can't. My system won't do anyone good, as it causes bootloops, apparently becuase of a boot animation in /system/media. That's what I'm waiting for. I'm going to try to run without cust.img, and see if that does any good. If it does, I should be able to get a backup. If not, I'm back to waiting for a system backup from anyone else.

#298 SamuraiCX

SamuraiCX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:37 AM

ok so i tried running without cust.img, and a different boot animation comes up. one that says android flashes over, and then it loops. i am confused.

[EDIT] I opened EMMCBOOT.MBN with notepad++ and theres a helload of error messages that make no sense to me. if anyone wants to see them, I have a notepad file in the earlier dropbox link.

#299 saddam33

saddam33

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Locationyemen

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:11 AM

thanks SamuraiCX i wish that anyone can give us a system buckup we are waiting

#300 mrhockey

mrhockey

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:35 PM

So does anyone have a clue why I can't get text message pictures, mms, now that I rooted? I actually unrooted and same thing. I tried another messaging service, gomms, I think it was and same deal. I did a soft reset and double and tripple checked my settings. I can receive and open emailed attachments though. Is there an apk that I might have deleted that would cause that. I didn't do any that weren't recommended earlier and in fact I stopped once I realized that I was stuck with the bloatware. I called my provider, spotmobile, and asked them if there were any outages or anything and they said no. I have been here at my house, marginal signal, and 50 miles away in Philly, great 4g signal and same thing. Thanks in advance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users