• Please log in to reply
474 replies to this topic

#301 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:45 PM

So does anyone have a clue why I can't get text message pictures, mms, now that I rooted? I actually unrooted and same thing. I tried another messaging service, gomms, I think it was and same deal. I did a soft reset and double and tripple checked my settings. I can receive and open emailed attachments though. Is there an apk that I might have deleted that would cause that. I didn't do any that weren't recommended earlier and in fact I stopped once I realized that I was stuck with the bloatware. I called my provider, spotmobile, and asked them if there were any outages or anything and they said no. I have been here at my house, marginal signal, and 50 miles away in Philly, great 4g signal and same thing. Thanks in advance.

Check your APN settings.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#302 mrhockey

mrhockey

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:53 PM

As far as I know they are correct. I have the correct name and the MMSC is filled in but that's it and I don't think they require anything else, at least that's all they mention on their website and being necessary.

#303 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:55 PM

As far as I know they are correct. I have the correct name and the MMSC is filled in but that's it and I don't think they require anything else, at least that's all they mention on their website and being necessary.

Simply rooting your phone won't change the functionality of anything, so besides deleting a system app necessary I can't think of anything besides an APN issue.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

#304 mrhockey

mrhockey

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:03 PM

The only ones I deleted, I think there were three, was the system manager applications, that I think would have affected anything. Is there one that would control downloads? When I "manage my apps" I have 0.00B under Android System and 0.00B under androidhwext in the list of apps. Would or should one of those apps still have some data inside it?

#305 Brigade

Brigade

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:27 AM

There's a new update for this phone that came out a few days ago. Is it Ok to update it with a rooted phone?

#306 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:45 AM

There's a new update for this phone that came out a few days ago. Is it Ok to update it with a rooted phone?

Using Project Voodoo's OTA Rootkeeper you should be OK.

#307 1234

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Current Device(s):u8730

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:43 PM

when i get to the step where it syses downloading boot.img i get a error that syes value to large for file type " what is going on ? where is this value can i change it?

#308 mat0

mat0

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:29 PM

Hi im new to this and ive rooted my mytouch q u8730 before but now after unrooting and atttempting to root i get this

Plug the phone in with a USB cord and have it booted up normally.
Please install the included drivers before we begin.
Go to Settings . Applications . Developer Options and enable USB Debugging.
If these are done press any key to continue.
Press any key to continue . . .
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
< waiting for device >
downloading 'boot.img'...
OKAY [ 1.064s]
booting...
OKAY [ 0.156s]
finished. total time: 1.251s
Your device should now reboot normally. It is still rooting... don't unplug.
remount succeeded
699 KB/s (22364 bytes in 0.031s)
1056 KB/s (843503 bytes in 0.780s)
784 KB/s (1867568 bytes in 2.324s)
chmod: permission denied
Congratulations you are rooted!
i have no idea what that means could you explain it?

Edited by mat0, 04 March 2013 - 08:32 PM.

#309 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:18 PM

Hi im new to this and ive rooted my mytouch q u8730 before but now after unrooting and atttempting to root i get this

Congratulations you are rooted!
i have no idea what that means could you explain it?

Looks like its not letting you 'chmod' to system files. Not really sure why, how, or what do to for fixing it.

Can you get root from 'adb shell' manually?

#310 mat0

mat0

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:47 PM

Looks like its not letting you 'chmod' to system files. Not really sure why, how, or what do to for fixing it.

Can you get root from 'adb shell' manually?

i honestly dont know how, i just used your application to root
it shows i have no root access even though su and superuser apk are installed to system
im also not able to reinstal ecid.apk the tmobile name id

Edited by mat0, 04 March 2013 - 09:53 PM.

• saddam33 likes this

#311 saddam33

saddam33

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Locationyemen
  • Current Device(s):mytouch

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:51 AM

hi mattlgroff (admin) my phone huawie my touch 4g is stuck in logo because i format system by cwm and i need any one to backup his rom by cwm and upload it for me

#312 bigschmidtyky

bigschmidtyky

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Twitter:bigschmidtyky
  • LocationLexington, KY, USA
  • Current Device(s):Huawei T-Mobile MyTouch, Asus Google Nexus 7

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:40 AM

I just wanted to let everyone know that I was able to apply the OTA update and keep root access on the device.
  • mattlgroff and saddam33 like this

#313 saddam33

saddam33

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Locationyemen

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:07 AM

@
bigschmidtyky can u make backup for ur rom by cwm recovery

and uploadit please

#314 opcodeoutlaw

opcodeoutlaw

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Device(s):Huawei MyTouch 4G

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:32 AM

I haven't rooted mine yet, but I am curious if I should. Would the new update 2.3.6 stop me from doing that, or should I be okay?

Also should my SD card be unmounted being that it automatically mounts upon start.

#315 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:52 PM

hi mattlgroff (admin) my phone huawie my touch 4g is stuck in logo because i format system by cwm and i need any one to backup his rom by cwm and upload it for me

The CWM doesn't allow backing up correctly since its unstable. If you formatted system you need to get yourself a new phone because its not getting revived by anything we have here.
  • saddam33 likes this

#316 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:53 PM

I haven't rooted mine yet, but I am curious if I should. Would the new update 2.3.6 stop me from doing that, or should I be okay? Also should my SD card be unmounted being that it automatically mounts upon start.

Mounting or unmounting SD card won't make a difference. And if the root doesn't work its not going to brick you or anything, you would just battery pull and be fine. Worth a shot.

#317 mat0

mat0

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:09 PM

Thank you for your help. I managed to fix my problem through cwm recovery. It asked me if i wanted to fix data/xbin/su as it may becorrupted and when i clicked yes it reboot and i had root back! :D\

also the camera pictures fogging and turning blue when flash is enabled would be a hardware issue and not software correct?

#318 saddam33

saddam33

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Locationyemen

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:27 AM

@
mattlgroff (admin) i know cwm is unstable but its the last chance for me so please can u do buckup and uploadit pls pls pls i would be greatfull

#319 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:02 PM

@
mattlgroff (admin) i know cwm is unstable but its the last chance for me so please can u do buckup and uploadit pls pls pls i would be greatfull

I don't have one and I haven't for a very long time. Backups will NOT restore because its broken anyway.

#320 mrhockey

mrhockey

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:07 PM

Well I got the call today from my provider that picture messages should start coming back in. I figured that out 8 hours before when the first one did. I wish they would have told me it was a system issue when I called earlier in the week instead of making me feel like it was a me only issue so I didn't go unroot the phone. Back to the drawing board.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users