• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD
  • Current Device(s):LG G2

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:48 AM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

8.6KB   46 downloads

The release of the upcoming LG G3, which had originally been scheduled for Q3 or Q4 2014, has reportedly been bumped up to June or July, according to an LG executive.   The device is said to sport a Quad-HD resolution screen, 3 GB of RAM, and 32 GB of onboard storage which can be expanded with up to a 64 GB external micro SD card.  The alleged spec sheet for the device has popped up on Sprint's website, and anyone interested in taking a peek can find it

.  So what does everyone think?  Will a Quad-HD display be a game changer?  Or will it end up just being a major battery hog with no appreciable difference on a ~5" screen?   

Source: NDTV

Update - Engadget is reporting that LG has confirmed that the G3 will have a Quad HD display.

• satman80 and KaChow like this

#2 KaChow

KaChow

If Only...

• Superuser
  • 364 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia
  • Current Device(s):S6 (sm-g920f), Moto XT1575(waiting)

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:56 PM

There is so much "talk" on this device right now, with really nothing being confirmed from LG. While I've looked at the Sprint specs, and seen the benchmarks, discussions from other sources, screenshots from lgg3kopen, to device Isai pic leaks, talk of the device running a 64 bit system, their own fingerprint scanning tool, their own in-house developed waterproofing, indestructibility process, and Sprint launching in mid-May, other carriers to follow in July, the rest of the globe by year end. I have no idea what to really believe at this point of this device. It sounds good, am I considering it, absolutely, my current Samsung device was an absolute loss on Verizon, I'm certainly not going with Samsung and Verizon again. The LG G2 was an amazing device, if the G3 holds half the rumors that are being said then I would definitely think the G3 would be an even more incredible device. LG has already been predicted for having their best 2nd and 3rd Quarter ever, so I happen to think their devices are a result of that.    

If you like this signature click on the Marvel logo this one is from Thor: The Dark World-> copy the html link to your signature in my settings-> Enjoy!

#3 mjs27541

mjs27541

I have no idea what's going on...

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:23 PM

Agreed. I usually consider all this device talk as nothing but speculation until the manufacturer confirms it. I have no experience with LG devices, but haven't heard anything but praise for the G2. I'm very skeptical about this whole super HD display on a smartphone though. I hope its got a massive battery.

#4 KaChow

KaChow

If Only...

• Superuser
  • 364 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:33 PM

Agreed. I usually consider all this device talk as nothing but speculation until the manufacturer confirms it. I have no experience with LG devices, but haven't heard anything but praise for the G2. I'm very skeptical about this whole super HD display on a smartphone though. I hope its got a massive battery.

Good point about the battery, especially since the battery is non-removable. 

If you like this signature click on the Marvel logo this one is from Thor: The Dark World-> copy the html link to your signature in my settings-> Enjoy!

#5 mjs27541

mjs27541

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:02 PM

Yeah. I'm thinking 3100 mAh to get a full days use out of it. I can only imagine how a display like that will add to the cost. As I understand it the display is typically one of the costliest components of any smartphone/tablet.

#6 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

Antidisestablishmentarianist

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/JohnLGalt
  • Location3rd Rock
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 4 XL 128 GB

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:07 PM

Waiting for the day when 4200 mAh batteries are smaller than current 2100 mAh batteries....

#7 mjs27541

mjs27541

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:18 PM

I'm waiting for this

• Memnoch73 and KaChow like this

#8 KaChow

KaChow

If Only...

• Superuser
  • 364 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:22 PM

I'm waiting for this

Where can I get one of these?  :wub:

#9 mjs27541

mjs27541

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:27 PM

Yeah no shiz. I think that may be the next leap forward in battery tech. Someone else posted that in the community forum a while back (can't remember who), and it piqued my curiosity.

#10 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Location3rd Rock

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:57 PM

[OT] Thank you for spelling and using piqued correctly [/OT]

#11 mjs27541

mjs27541

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:18 PM

Yeah I've been trying to keep my proper grammar and spelling filter active lately.
  • Memnoch73 and johnlgalt like this

#12 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:34 PM

Oh, F'that. At least we're getting some news going on. Could be crayons on toilet paper in phonetic as far as I care. Sent from my S-Offed One M8
  • johnlgalt likes this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#13 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Location3rd Rock

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:54 PM

Lol!

#14 mjs27541

mjs27541

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:43 PM

Oh, F'that. At least we're getting some news going on. Could be crayons on toilet paper in phonetic as far as I care.Sent from my S-Offed One M8

Oh I don't know that I'd call what I'm doing "news". New rumors and gossip maybe. But hey if it keeps folks in the know and coming back to the site, I'll keep on rumormongering :lol:

#15 KaChow

KaChow

If Only...

• Superuser
  • 364 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:03 AM

Oh I don't know that I'd call what I'm doing "news". New rumors and gossip maybe. But hey if it keeps folks in the know and coming back to the site, I'll keep on rumormongering :lol:

Well, what do you think about the Quad HD Display... Now.... 

#16 KaChow

KaChow

If Only...

• Superuser
  • 364 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:22 AM

I should've included this for those that were interested about where the Nexus 6 pic came from

#17 mjs27541

mjs27541

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:56 AM

Still ambivalent. If they can figure out a way to get it to work without destroying battery life I'm all for it. Hell even if they don't I'm all for it. Progress is very rarely a bad thing. I just won't be jumping on the first phone that releases with a super ultra 6.5k extreme def screen. And I don't know how much I trust that site. They've been wrong about the unicorn that is the (supposed) new nexus 10 in nearly every article they've posted. I hope they're (mostly) right, because the new nexus sounds like a beast if they are. We'll see.

#18 KaChow

KaChow

If Only...

• Superuser
  • 364 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:07 AM

Here's the latest pics on the LG G3 that were released yesterday. While those Nexus 6 pics looked intriguing they were months old... 

I don't know what to think about the colors here blue and white, I sure hope it comes in black  ;)

• mjs27541 likes this

#19 mjs27541

mjs27541

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 17 April 2014 - 05:11 AM

No word on black, but I'm seeing gold as a choice. Oh ffs, gold? Really?

#20 KaChow

KaChow

If Only...

• Superuser
  • 364 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 17 April 2014 - 05:47 AM

Gold actually kinda makes sense, remember how the Note 3 started producing gold, didn't Apple start that?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users