• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Twitter:joshua_josswa
  • Google+:jpc3493@gmail.com
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Current Device(s):S4 i9505, Droid RAZR XT912

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:25 AM

Good day everyone! I would like to ask some help.. :(

I'm actually noob in motorolla droid and this is my first motorolla phone ever. lol

Yesterday my brother gave me this XT912 since he got a new phone.

One of his colleagues rooted and changed the ROM to ECLIPSE 1.5.1 and it's running Android ICS 4.0.4 firmware.

When he gave the phone to me, I couldn't install some applications more specifically google hangouts coz it gives me an error: 

E: signature verification failed

I downloaded the ff. firmwares from this site

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Android 4.1.2 Blur_Version.98.72.165.XT912.Verizon.en.US
Android 4.1.2 Blur_Version.98.72.16.XT912.Verizon.en.US
Android 4.0.4 Blur_Version.6.16.211.XT912.Verizon.en.US

flashed them using the custom recovery option from the device (hold vol - & vol + keys while android logo appears) but eventually it gave me an error:

signature verification failed installation aborted

After series of google search I found this post by matt :

But it made my situation worst  :(

Downloaded the latest version, DroidRAZRUtility1.82 Jellybean.

Installed the drivers for 32bit since I'm running W7 32bit OS.

Ran the WindowsUtility.bat and chose option 1 to completely wipe and install JB.

After running the utility I cannot boot up to recovery and normal boot-up anymore. In other words, it bricked my XT912.  :(

It gave me this error:

When in AP Fastboot Mode:

AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S) (Flash Failure)
0A.74
eMMC Info: Size 16G
To return to normal mode - first press power key to power down
Device is LOCKED. Status Code:0

Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

---------------------------
When in Normal Bootup and Recovery:

Invalid Flash Mode (S) (Boot Failure)
0A.74
eMMC Info: Size 16G
To return to normal mode - first press power key to power down
Device is LOCKED. Status Code:0

Invalid CG OTV (CG: system): Invalid SP Data
Invalid CD Version (CG: system)
Invalid CG OTV (CG: system)

As another try, I used Motorola RSD Lite 6.1.5 + MTK Patch and tried using the fastboot files (firmwares) that I downloaded earlier:

Android 4.1.2 Blur_Version.98.72.165.XT912.Verizon.en.US
Android 4.1.2 Blur_Version.98.72.16.XT912.Verizon.en.US
Android 4.0.4 Blur_Version.6.16.211.XT912.Verizon.en.US

But it gave me this error:

Failed flashing process. 6/16 flash motoboot "motoboot.img" -> Phone returned FAIL.  :(

I really don't know how to fix this.. I really need your help guys...  :(

Thanks,
Josh

Attached Files

• Attached File  RSD.png   22.27KB   28 downloads

#2 TwentyFourVee

TwentyFourVee

Catfish Hunter

• Smod
  • 72 posts
  • Current Device(s):Note 3

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:58 AM

Here, go to the House of Moto thread.  This should help you.

• SamuriHL likes this
sat did it.

#3 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:00 AM

Also, since you've tried flashing so many versions, you will now HAVE to flash the newest one - 98.72.165.XT912 because of the upped security.  You cannot downgrade.

• SamuriHL likes this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#4 joswa

joswa

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Twitter:joshua_josswa
  • Google+:jpc3493@gmail.com
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Current Device(s):S4 i9505, Droid RAZR XT912

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:15 AM

TwentyFourVee it doesn't work.. :(

#5 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:32 AM

TwentyFourVee it doesn't work.. :(

With all due respect this answer is incredibly unhelpful. We can only help if you give us info of exactly what you did and what the results were.

• TwentyFourVee likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#6 jayarebee

jayarebee

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):XT912

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:00 PM

It's probably not bricked. I have learned from errors over and over and gone days without a phone with always finding a solution.  I remember one of the orignal LG Androids I killed I brought back to life by plugging it into my pc via USB and doing some type of ADP push of either a rom or a recovery system. Most recently I thought I killed my XT912 I flashed not even realizing I had SafeStrap installed as I never used it before. I would have tried the regular recovery with probably one of the roms listed in your link above, I actually had to manually upgrade last time anyway because Verizon's Auto Update never worked properly and they admitted it.

Try getting into SafeStrap, IDK, I am sure there are plenty of smarter folks here that could help you if you explain or post pictures of what you are experiencing. I was lucky to get into SafeStrap and load a working CM10 stable mode for JB 4.3.1 with the appropriate gapps.zip, and it's been great, a lot of new options I've been wanting (actually had in the past like holding the volume up key to fast forward mp3/music). The little things matter to me and I tried several flashes of the newer CM11 with no luck, my primary STOCK ROM doesn't even load or boot anything, I am loading off of the ROM1 which I flashed the same darned zip onto both and it only boots on the secondary ROM. I will probably try one of the Verizon based ROMS just to see what happens, either way I'm happy for the moment and not too concerned about KK 4.4 as I will most likely get a new phone rather soon. Cyogen is the best, they saved my HP Touchpad that had WebOS and I hated it, it took only about 2 or 3 different updated ROMS to get that thing rocking Android OS and it's amazing.... good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users