Photo

Using Rsd Lite And Fastboot Files To Go Back To Stock (6.11.744)

How To

• Please log in to reply
256 replies to this topic

#161 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:46 PM

y is that, there is always gotta be a way to go back, just need the old source file, like the other android updates
i had a different android that i went from GB to ICS, didn't care for it then either, but found the old gb UPDATE N FLASHED IT BACK MY SELF, so not so eager to accept that, as not being able to go back, i just need the location to DL the GB update from, then i will go back...

I PROMISE YOU THERE IS NO WAY BACK.! The cdt. Bin files are diffrent among others. Meaning they are nit backwards capable. On leak 76 and 79 yes you could go back. If you flashed system version 6.16.xxx you are on ICS, forever! There is no way around this. Even if you go buy a brand new maxx from VZW it will be on ICS. Gingerbread is dead and gone sorry.

#162 loociddreemr

loociddreemr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:14 PM

BTW the original version was 2.3.2 GB, n is locatable i will keep yall infromed on how it goes...

So if you wanted to know how to go about doing so, you can read the many threads that the developers themselves have written. Thats my first point of advice. There is quite a bit to learn. Second point of advice, listen to the experience of the developers. Third, don't even attempt to flash your Razr back to GB once on ICS. You WILL brick in one form or another.

#163 Guest_R3Ds_*

Guest_R3Ds_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:28 PM

y is that, there is always gotta be a way to go back, just need the old source file, like the other android updates
i had a different android that i went from GB to ICS, didn't care for it then either, but found the old gb UPDATE N FLASHED IT BACK MY SELF, so not so eager to accept that, as not being able to go back, i just need the location to DL the GB update from, then i will go back...

Instead of doing that why don't you try to unlock the bootloader. Is just as hard but never impossible.

R3Ds Themes
  • sline-dawg likes this

#164 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:42 PM

Yeah, good luck with that. Let us know how it goes. Lol

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#165 wyld

wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Google+:rramos729@gmail.com
  • LocationPortage Indiana

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:13 PM

I SoftBricked my Razr about 4 to 6 times from .84 to .214

GingerBread is dead to me now.....I'm never going back! Lol

#166 drumtrucker

drumtrucker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:41 PM

failed to flash system... usb error. trying again, but getting nervous. I have already tried 20 plus times with the utility 1.81

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

and it always failed when trying to write system.

edit: currently 'stuck' on flashing system
Steve B

#167 baker3greco3

baker3greco3

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:41 PM

when i run rsd my phone fails at step 6 and says "failed flashing process" any ideas?

#168 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:57 PM

when i run rsd my phone fails at step 6 and says "failed flashing process" any ideas?

What rsd package are you running?

#169 pianoman674

pianoman674

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:49 PM

I too have run into the issue of RSD Lite not recognizing my phone when I plug it in. If I put my phone in AP Fastboot mode, RSD Lite doesn't recognize it at all, although my computer acknowledges it's presence. However, if I put it into BP SBF Flash, RSD Lite does recognize it. Unfortunately, running it in that mode always gives me the "failed to switch to fastboot mode" error. I've already wiped data/cache, have current drivers, RSD Lite v5.7, and have tried running as an administrator (Windows 7 64 Bit :P) but no matter what I do, I can't get it to recognize my phone in AP Fastboot mode! Any suggestions?

#170 HSD-Pilot

HSD-Pilot

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Current Device(s):RazR

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:32 AM

Try to change the USB Port and DON't use USB Hosts... If that not helps, uninstall everything from Moto you got on your PC and install only the Drivers again.

Soundcloud <> Bassgrow

#171 Sazzam

Sazzam

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

This bricked my phone. I ran the RSD Lite and it started installing the packages but then the phone needs to restart during the install of the packages. The software didn't give it enough time to restart and the software timed out. However this works great. It is for the Droid razr utility 1.82. It took forever to find a working link for this and some of the links said the program didn't work but worked perfectly for me. Twice, I actually tried a different JB update package which is why i bricked my phone in the first place and it bricked it again. Luckily when bricked the AP Fastboot still comes up as long as you still have battery.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#172 boricuaboy94

boricuaboy94

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationSilver Spring
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:57 AM

Hi I would just like to comment on how great this is but a quick question

During the RSD process, phase 6/18 seems to always fail on me. How do I fix it? :(

#173 dbarbarian72

dbarbarian72

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:21 PM

Would this process fix constant restarting?

#174 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:44 PM

Would this process fix constant restarting?

It could. Give us a bit more info. What version of Android are you running? Custom rom? You have the XT-912 right?? May be easier to use one of Matt's Utilities. Let me know what you are running and I can point you in the right direction

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#175 dbarbarian72

dbarbarian72

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:51 PM

My droid razr gets all the way to the install. Then I hit the volume buttons to see what its doing and at the very end it says, "assert failed: motorola.motoflash("/tmp/bp.img")
E:Error in /cache/update.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

Can anyone help me?

#176 dbarbarian72

dbarbarian72

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:53 PM

Just the stock rom. Yes Xt-912

#177 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:58 PM

ICS?? or JB??

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#178 dbarbarian72

dbarbarian72

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:00 PM

how would i find out?

#179 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:03 PM

how would i find out?

Settings -> About phone. Software version. But JB would have been a leak and you would have remembered installing it.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#180 dbarbarian72

dbarbarian72

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:07 PM

Android version 2.3.5. I don't think its JB because i didn't install anything

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: How To

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users