2 replies to this topic

#1 twags

twags

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:03 PM

So after signing up here, and the email prompting me to come introduce myself here....figured might as well.

I've been doing a lot of reading on this subject, but honestly theres still a bunch of stuff that is simply going over my head.  My goals/intentions with rooting is to get rid of the bloatware, have a nice sleek/simple UI, and increase my speed,  And i suppose any other nifty things out there that are nice additions.  mostly use my phone for forums/internet browsing, and obviously texting with a little bit of phone calls. 

Before i start asking questions, i have the (verizon) Droid Razr HD MAXX with these specs:

9.18.94XT926

build # 9.1Q-94

build date Wed Sep 25 15:13:00 CDT 2013

currently deployed right now and have updated at all since then.  no service here obviously, but ill be going home here shortly.  

so from what ive read, with this update, there wasnt a way to root for a long time, and now there is, BUT bootloader remains locked and so i must use safestrap for roms, correct?

also im curious if this

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

will work to root my phone.

I havent taken the plunge yet with doing anything with my phone in fear of just screwing things up.

any help i can get that is specific to my phone are greatly appreciated, as well as any tips/tricks/advice.

thanks!

#2 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:43 PM

OK for root you would use this -

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Then for Roms yes you would be limited to safe strap. That said, your ROM options are going to be very slim as since the bootloader has a previous unlock all development foot safe strap Roms came to a halt for the most part.

Since you will be returning home soon, and THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!, you should be warned that there is an update to your device to 4.4.2 that is available. This version is not currently rootable and very likely will never be, so if that is important you will want to skip the update.

Sent from my Unlocked Moto G

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#3 twags

twags

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 04:40 AM

thanks for the support and thanks for the help.  Is there an easy How-To guide specific for my phone for rooting and learning apps/roms?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users