Photo

[Rom][Razr - Cdma][Jellybean][Kexec][Stock][Aokp][Cyanogenmod10(Cyancore)] Jellycore By Team Speedcore

• Please log in to reply
704 replies to this topic

#461 kris07

kris07

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:20 AM

Yes :)

Sweet. I'll install it and fix permissions again. Hopefully no more issues

#462 TeamSpeedCore

TeamSpeedCore

TeamSpeedCore

• Developer
  • 168 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:02 AM

Okay, JellyCoreV1.4 is up, expect OTA to show up very soon. I am updating now.

Also I want to get some screenshots of your customizations! Screenies will be put in op, with user's name if you desire.
We don't ask for donations and don't expect them, but if you feel inclined here's the link:
Donate!

#463 TeamSpeedCore

TeamSpeedCore

TeamSpeedCore

• Developer
  • 168 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:05 AM

If you could, please report if you got the ota for JellyCore1.4.
We don't ask for donations and don't expect them, but if you feel inclined here's the link:
Donate!

#464 mseb91

mseb91

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:09 AM

keep getting message download file invalid when trying to download from OTA

#465 TeamSpeedCore

TeamSpeedCore

TeamSpeedCore

• Developer
  • 168 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:42 AM

keep getting message download file invalid when trying to download from OTA

But it is still notifying you of the newer version correct?
Donate!

#466 mseb91

mseb91

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:20 AM

it didnt pop up i had to launch OTA to see that there was a new version

#467 TeamSpeedCore

TeamSpeedCore

TeamSpeedCore

• Developer
  • 168 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:20 AM

NOTE: If OTA isn't working, GooManager will detect the new version. Just don't flash it with GooManager, use SS to flash and install.
Donate!

#468 robtmccarthy

robtmccarthy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Twitter:@robtmccarthy

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:44 PM

I have not tried JellyCore V1.4 yet, but jw how the battery life is?
Also anyone else having 4g Issues? I can get 2 bars of 4g at home with stock rom but 0 4g with Jelly Core Stock V1.1

#469 stryker

stryker

-.[.Stryker.Originals.].-

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:09 AM

Is anyone else having problems with the kexec aokp builds not booting? I downloaded this from 2 diff phones and my computer and it just boots to a black screen. The stock aokp kexec builds do the same thing. I get a black screen. I let it sit for 25 minutes but nothing. Just giving a heads up.

-=(.stryker.originals.)=-

stryker_sig1.png

#470 TeamSpeedCore

TeamSpeedCore

TeamSpeedCore

• Developer
  • 168 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:27 AM

Is anyone else having problems with the kexec aokp builds not booting? I downloaded this from 2 diff phones and my computer and it just boots to a black screen. The stock aokp kexec builds do the same thing. I get a black screen. I let it sit for 25 minutes but nothing. Just giving a heads up.

Interesting. Kexec AOKP was the first rom I tried from the STS team's jb builds.

Has anyone tried stock or custom CNA jb builds? (CNA=Code Name Android)
Donate!

#471 twith70

twith70

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:43 AM

I am on one right now. I am still learning the in's and out's. It is definitely different setup. A mix of CM10 and AOKP. So far it smooth and fluid. Of course it has the same problems as all JB. MMS, Bluetooth, HDMI and Webtop. I miss some of the features in AOKP. The weather panel on the lockscreen doesn't play an image picture..just some cartoonish looking drawing for weather. My battery indicator is back to 10% increments. I am still playing aorund with it to go through all the features and see where everything is.

#472 dmauldin74

dmauldin74

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:14 PM

I'm having the same problem with the kexec build booting to black screen. Using SS 3.05. I tried downloading again, thinking it might be a bad download, no dice. Tried to download to PC, then transfer to phone and flash, also no dice. Strange. I was flashing a different gapps, so I thought that might be the problem. Nope. The linked gapps didn't work either. It won't even boot without gapps. I can only assume that it has something to do with SS 3.05, but I'm not willing to go back to a previous version of SS. I wish I knew what the problem was. I'd love to try this AOKP Kexec build. Dualcore was nice. In the meantime, I am running Wizzed Bean and it's okay. I prefer Blacked out ROMS. Black Widow AOKP JB was nice for a while, but too buggy. No bugs other than the usual in Wizzed and after a little tweaking I can't tell any difference visually, although BW was smoother. Either way, it's not as fluid as I hoped, so I'd like to try this kexec and sacrifice the camera for a mo' betta experience. Maybe someone will figure out what's causing this boot problem. I don't know enough about the inner workings to investigate it properly.

#473 stryker

stryker

-.[.Stryker.Originals.].-

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:35 PM

Interesting. Kexec AOKP was the first rom I tried from the STS team's jb builds.

Has anyone tried stock or custom CNA jb builds? (CNA=Code Name Android)

I'm on cna from hashcode. Got it from goo manager page and its working fine. Pretty awesome rom too. The only thing missing is the option for soft keys that aokp has.

stryker_sig1.png

#474 dwc2134

dwc2134

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:55 PM

Had my first major glitch today. Was at the gym, winamp playing. Girlfriend called, and my phone went completely froze, then displayed something to the effect of "Process com.phone.*something* has stopped" with the standard "wait, report, press ok to quit process" selection. My phone kept vibrating, and I got to watch the battery life drop at an almost alarming rate, but otherwise was completely frozen. The only way to stop it was to soft reset it.

Occasionally I'll get "process *something*.gapps.*something* has stopped, blah blah blah", but it doesn't seem to be anything more than an annoyance and not a hindrance.

EDIT: Also, a question. Do I need to wipe everything to update from JellyCore v1.3 to v1.4, or can I just flash it and go?

#475 The Doctor

The Doctor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Twitter:@disc_or_die
  • Google+:plus.google.com/104749243954429604279/
  • LocationAnn Arbor

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:47 AM

Had my first major glitch today. Was at the gym, winamp playing. Girlfriend called, and my phone went completely froze, then displayed something to the effect of "Process com.phone.*something* has stopped" with the standard "wait, report, press ok to quit process" selection. My phone kept vibrating, and I got to watch the battery life drop at an almost alarming rate, but otherwise was completely frozen. The only way to stop it was to soft reset it.

Occasionally I'll get "process *something*.gapps.*something* has stopped, blah blah blah", but it doesn't seem to be anything more than an annoyance and not a hindrance.

EDIT: Also, a question. Do I need to wipe everything to update from JellyCore v1.3 to v1.4, or can I just flash it and go?

If you are seeing a "process" has failed or closed error, this is Android crashing out. Wipe Cache/Dalvik and fix permissions. You might have to do a fresh install if it keeps happening , like a wipe of everything. And you should be able to just flash over since TSC has it wiping dalvik and cache for you. You will need to reflash GApps.

I just want to remind folks too....These are all Beta builds from the STS Dev Team. If you don't follow dhacker on twitter, then let me give you an update.....He know has an unlocked Razr M (I believe, either M or I) and has the leaked version of the JB for Moto product. These guys are getting closer and closer to dialing this all in. Yes, We all have locked bootloaders and this doesn't help us right? It does! Now that these guys aren't prohibited, they can get under the hood easily/safely and start reverse engineering. All week I have been rocking DualCore (yeah, went down to ICS for a bit) mainly because the battery life was getting to be too much of an issue for me. But it's also my work phone, so it's more a tool then just a smartphone, so I need something durable because of work. However, that doesn't mean the other ROM slot isn't running JellyCore v1.4 :)
  • TeamSpeedCore likes this

#476 TeamSpeedCore

TeamSpeedCore

TeamSpeedCore

• Developer
  • 168 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:46 AM

Alright so here is some good news, I have been playing around with Git and now use it to do all of my developer work. Basically what git does is stores and compresses every single file and folder you work with, but more importantly I can create a branch for each version of the roms, and it makes it so I can do some sweet things, such as..

Instead of having tons of folders all over the place with all the rom versions, I can have one folder for ALL CyanCore versions, simply right click and I get some extra Git right click options. I hit Git branch, and it lists all the versions of the roms I commited to the main git folder. I select the rom version I want to work from, and it changes all the files in my CyanCore working file to that version. So say I am building a newer rom version from CyanCoreV1.3. I select V1.3 in my CyanCore folder, it changes all the files and folders to CyanCoreV1.3 as if i was looking straight into the zip file. I make my changes, commit the new files, and call it CyanCore V1.4. zip it up and upload and you are good to go. Makes my dev life 10x easier.

More importantly yet, this is the main tool used for kernel development. That is still in progress.

Also I have created a github account, meaning you can actually track every single change I have done.

The github account is under my personal email. (Silverlink34)

I'll post links once it is all setup.
Donate!

#477 ilanderech

ilanderech

I want to be blue!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Google+:ilanderech@gmail.com
  • LocationMexico City
  • Current Device(s):OG Razr, Razr Maxx

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:41 AM

hi, im using jellycore stock 1.4 its an awesome rom just that i cant get my signal working, im using it on gsm mode but there is no gsm/UMTS mode any help?
Posted Image

#478 natrazr

natrazr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Twitter:silvernate123

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:46 PM

Excellent work, 1st roms I've used on my RAZR. Both cyancore and jellycore so far and I'm liking the jellycore better mostly because of more customization options but both have been fast and caused almost no issues. At first on cyancore i could only get 3g and not 4g but reflashed and worked perfect. On jellycore for now because ive had some great battery and performance, keep up the great work.
Btw the ota updater has not worked for me, never could download anything but really not a huge issue. It still told me when there was an update.

#479 TheDr1ver

TheDr1ver

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Google+:Aryk Meyer

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:19 PM

Hey i just installed jelly core and i love all the customization. Here is a picture. Also what does the swagger toggle do??

why do screenshots come out like this?

and separate issue, i had cyancore 1.2 and had battery issues, the processor would hang at full speed nonstop no matter what the governor was set to. i switched to licorice and everything seemed fine but had the same screenshot issue and an issue with the flash on the camera, but battery life was outstanding in comparison. i come back to cycancore1.3 and battery get shot cause the processor is running at max again.
not really sure if i'm the only one experiencing this but any help would be great as i do have always been a cyanogenmod fan

edit: LED flashlight toggle work for anyone?

#480 santonivich

santonivich

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:02 AM

I've noticed issues with the YouTube app on these builds. Video starts to play....stop....starts....stops....dies. Anyone else notice this issue? I am running on JellyCore v1.4

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users