#21 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:19 PM

That's exactly right, let us dreamers dream. But from the tone of some of these posts it almost sounds like few people around here don't want us to get root out of spite so " see we told you so" makes them right. I stand by my original post. Probably won't happen but a few seem to take particular joy in jumping into every "I hope we get root" post and piss*** on someone's parade. We get the point. Theres a 12 grand bounty unclaimed but if we want to hope and dream is it hurting anyone to let us ? Just ignore it then. Thanks, Tom Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

It's not really wishing it out of spite.  There is always a warning put out when an OTA is on the horizon and there are always people that don't heed that warning.  Those same people come begging for root, just like all of those owners of the S5.  Tighter security is the reason that it's harder to gain root.  Just because you own a dev ed or unlockable phone, you aren't obligate to unlock it and exploit it.  If you do exploit it, then lack of security is your own doing, not the manufacturer's. 

R. Long: Pixel 5

#22 jtommyj

jtommyj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 11:23 AM

But then I see the same 3 or 4 people repeating exactly what you are saying in every root thread. It gets old. People didn't heed the warning. I get it. People now are upset. I get it. But the same 3 or 4 people jumping into every thread to comment gets old fast. If it doesn't affect them and they don't have a resolution then just pass by. If there are too many threads alike that's up to the mods to clean it up. And your final point is a little disingenuous to say the least. I don't know too many people who are going to pay all the extra for a Dev ed to just use it as a regular phone and not take advantage of the reason they spent an extra 4 to 600 bucks. The last sentence is one I've stated. Whether its phone security or running an av on a PC and never update it, then that's on the user. That's my final say on the subject. Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

#23 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 24 May 2014 - 11:36 AM

I don't know too many people who are going to pay all the extra for a Dev ed to just use it as a regular phone and not take advantage of the reason they spent an extra 4 to 600 bucks. Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Ok. This is a flawed thought. If they are looking for root then they are not wanting to use this phone as a "normal" device. Root is not normal.

Also, there are several of us that do respond to people's quest for root because they need to understand that the only guarantee for obtaining root is to buy a device that has the ability up front. Period. Anything else is a bonus.

As for the extra cost, well you were exaggerating quite a bit. There are several ways to obtain a developer or unlockable device with a little effort that sometimes will cost nothing extra. The problem is people want what is easy.

We've also seem the same 3-4 people posting multiple threads in multiple forums specifically asking for root. You bet we're going to respond rather than just deleting the post. That would serve little purpose.

Sent from my S-Offed One M8

• johnthehillbilly likes this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#24 jtommyj

jtommyj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 11:54 AM

OK back on point. The original question was will there be root and ul bl again on the xt926 and the truth is no one knows. You missed my point about the Dev Ed but whatever. There's people out there trying to cure cancer so this debate is pointless at this time. Maybe root will come, maybe not. I dont recall asking anyone to delete posts either.Ignoring and deleting are 2 different things. If you're tired of answering the same people ignore it or advise how to search. Either way I'll get up in the morning and live on !! Peace to you guys.Latest article has Moto E for 129,~ with unlockable boot loader so much for the security argument I guess. And one last thing.. The Razr Hd dev edition wasnt 4-6 hundred more than the consumer ? Im talking this phone that i wanted. Better go back and check. I'm out. Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

#25 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,449 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 24 May 2014 - 12:15 PM

Are you still going on about this?  LMAO.  And you complain about the "same 3-4 people constantly harping on the same thing".  :rolleyes:

• RikRong likes this

Non potest esse nisi unus

#26 jtommyj

jtommyj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 12:18 PM

LMAO you couldn't resist either. I don't know why you're commenting. You just proved my point lol. All I said was let the dreamers dream.. Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

#27 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,449 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 12:22 PM

What point is that, exactly?  That I stopped posting 3 days ago and you're still ranting about it?  Yes, that's a great point.

#28 jtommyj

jtommyj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 12:25 PM

No the point that you DIDN't stop posting 3 days ago, you just posted twice in the last 10 minutes. Couldn't help yourself I guess. Bye !

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

#29 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,449 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 12:26 PM

I'll check back in 30 days from now to see how the hunt for root's going.  :)

#30 jtommyj

jtommyj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 12:31 PM

No need, no one here ever claimed root was inevitable or going to happen. You might want to check all those threads where you were saying that the 926 fxz was at least weeks away when it was days. You might help more people that way lol Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

#31 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 24 May 2014 - 12:39 PM

Ok..... Debating about root or no root is one thing ..... Now it's staring to get personal...... Like I said earlier..... Chill BEFORE it gets out of hand and ugly....... !!!!!
  • jtommyj likes this

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#32 jtommyj

jtommyj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 01:00 PM

Double post

#33 jtommyj

jtommyj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 01:01 PM

Ok..... Debating about root or no root is one thing ..... Now it's staring to get personal...... Like I said earlier..... Chill BEFORE it gets out of hand and ugly....... !!!!!

You know John, I really don't think from the people that want root there is a debate. They don't have it , may never have it, and I think most if not all understand that. I lost it and my ul bl when my phone died and got replaced. I'm not crying about it.
The thing that irritates me is to hear over and over that it ain't gonna happen, shouldn't expect it, etc. ,like everyone else is so smart and we who would like it back are idiots, when no one short of God knows what will happen. That's been my whole point all along. Let us dream and maybe it will happen. If not, I've got a good job, a great family, 2 dogs and life goes on. Its not to me if I'm right or not, because we might not know for weeks or months if at all if we ever get root back. So peace out to all you guys. BUT just remember how root came to the 9.30. No one was trying then either and look what happened. Thats all I've been trying to say
Thanks and God Bless

#34 jayrod

jayrod

Bacon, Cheese & Mod Connoisseur

• 6,525 posts
  • LocationWilmington NC
  • Current Device(s):Taimen

Posted 24 May 2014 - 06:47 PM

So...anyone read any good books lately? How bout the new X Men movie?
Bacon!

Sent via Blacked out TapaTalk on my Eclipsed Dev X

• ibolski, johnthehillbilly, cmh714 and 2 others like this

#35 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 24 May 2014 - 09:08 PM

OK back on point. The original question was will there be root and ul bl again on the xt926 and the truth is no one knows. You missed my point about the Dev Ed but whatever. There's people out there trying to cure cancer so this debate is pointless at this time. Maybe root will come, maybe not. I dont recall asking anyone to delete posts either.Ignoring and deleting are 2 different things. If you're tired of answering the same people ignore it or advise how to search. Either way I'll get up in the morning and live on !! Peace to you guys.Latest article has Moto E for 129,~ with unlockable boot loader so much for the security argument I guess. And one last thing.. The Razr Hd dev edition wasnt 4-6 hundred more than the consumer ? Im talking this phone that i wanted. Better go back and check. I'm out. Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I'll leave the whole root/unlock thing alone now, that's been beaten into a pulp.  However...

Many, many people use unlockable/dev phones as "regular" phones.  I have a cold piece of metal with "HTC" on the back in my hands right now.  It is unlockable, and I have done that.   I paid full retail for it and I use it as my daily device.  It's kind of like a car or bike.  I've modified my bike and my truck but they don't just sit in the garage.  They go out on the roads all the time.  The same can be said for my "shelf-queen" unlocked phone.  I'm not going to spend that kind of money just to let a device sit. 

#36 jtommyj

jtommyj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 09:31 PM

Sigh.... Once again misunderstood. I never said people don't use dev Ed phones "like" a normal phone. I said they generally pay a hefty surcharge (at least for the phone in question xt926) to have the right to unlock and toy around with it. I toy around with my daily driver too. They're not mutually exclusive. We got lucky for a while but it seems like it may have run out. I'm not speaking to the people who buy HTC because I don't have an HTC where you can just go to their site to get your bootloader unlocked. Which brings us to the irony of the title of this thread... Droid RAZR HD.. But 2 of the people chiming in have HTC's. Let's just drop it all. Its not worth it. Enjoy your modded HTC and once again let us dreamers dream, will ya lol Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

#37 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 24 May 2014 - 10:12 PM

That is exactly what you said. ;) I had an unlocked HD and I have an unlocked M, so it's not like I've never felt your frustration.  I sat locked for a few months on the M, until Dan came out with his unlock exploit.  If you hadn't updated, you would still be rooted, so that's all on you.  Also, the fact the Kaos and I have an HTC has no affect on the statements we have given.  I have just decided, like many other people on this forum, that I'm only going to start buying phones that can be unlocked.  That decision is what pushed me to the M8.  

• clydei likes this

#38 jtommyj

jtommyj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 10:25 PM

That is exactly what you said. ;) I had an unlocked HD and I have an unlocked M, so it's not like I've never felt your frustration. I sat locked for a few months on the M, until Dan came out with his unlock exploit. If you hadn't updated, you would still be rooted, so that's all on you. Also, the fact the Kaos and I have an HTC has no affect on the statements we have given. I have just decided, like many other people on this forum, that I'm only going to start buying phones that can be unlocked. That decision is what pushed me to the M8.

I agree with most of what you're saying there. I'm only going to support the companies that allow the freedom. But 2 things. I have an unlocked M but I lost my locked BL on the Hd due to having to get a replacement phone when mine died. They updated right to KK at the store before i picked up the replacement thinking they were doing me a favor.But I'm not frustrated at all. Right now I'm using the exact phone I paid for. Sure I'd like to have the ul BL more than root but like I've said, let us dreamers dream. Later

#39 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 24 May 2014 - 10:37 PM

That's fine, you can have your dreams.  :)

#40 jtommyj

jtommyj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 10:38 PM

That's fine, you can have your dreams. :)

Thanks that's nice of you ;)

• RikRong likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users